Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 69 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #1021
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
I really like the idea of the Campbell Hood.
X2!! Those hoods do look nice. That hood would help out on race weight reduction.

midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 12:07 PM   #1022
mallard15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I agree with you hendrix. Im really looking at doing that and then having some aluminum inner fenders made.

Yukon 4.10 R&P Gears Set (300$) PM me
mallard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 06:19 PM   #1023
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well...... I forgot to charge the camera last night and it died after 5 minutes. We took several from my cell phone, so hopefully they tunred out ok.

Most body damage in a trip, The Farm was was out of control. When we rolled up they were carrying rigs out by crane. Monster buggies everywhere- 54"s, 49", 47"s were all over the place. We tried all but one of the obstacles and completed all but one of the ones we tried. The TJ did awesome! Small flop in a ravine and I rubbed up on two trees... the wife wasn't happy.

Here is a shot I pulled from the camera before it blacked out:

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #1024
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Keeping in mind that this build is now supposed to be a triple threat- rock crawler, racer, and still a decent daily driver, I found a cool little upgrade that will help inbetween the off-road outings.

The jeep blew out a stock speaker in one of my pods last week, so I headed out to Best Buy last night and picked up some Marine Grade Polk Audio speakers.

Pulled the stock out, there's a little difference between the two:

Getting wired up:

Ran them to my Sony amp instead of the head unit. I took out my sub and decided to run the rear speakers off of it instead. I've had this amp for over 12 years and it still keeps on rocking!

All finished up. I tried to mount the new covers, but they wouldn't fit without more modding. I was tired of it after an hour or so of dealing with wires, so the stock covers went back on.

This got me fired up with the stereo. I'm thinking about building a small custom box for like an 8" sub, instead of the 10" I was running. New front speakers will happen eventually, but I have to take my cage out to get to them..... so we'll see how soon that happends.
Unread 06-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #1025
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Jay, I have those exact same speakers and they are so much nicer then stock! Not a whole lot of low end bass but decent and crisp mids and screamin highs.
Unread 06-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #1026
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

how do you like those pitbulls? i just put on a set and haven't got them off road yet. tomorrow i dip them in a mud bog competition and am anxious to see how they do.
Unread 06-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #1027
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshefbuch View Post
how do you like those pitbulls? i just put on a set and haven't got them off road yet. tomorrow i dip them in a mud bog competition and am anxious to see how they do.
I love the Rockers! I wasn't a fan of the bias 37"s, but the radial version are killer off-road. They are pretty smooth on the road, but also pretty loud.

Unread 06-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #1028
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Jay,

I didn't realize you don't have ram assist? That should be you next mod.

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2006 LJ Unlimited Black Hole

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 02:31 AM   #1029
nshefbuch
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER

I love the Rockers! I wasn't a fan of the bias 37"s, but the radial version are killer off-road. They are pretty smooth on the road, but also pretty loud.

37" radials is want I bought as well. Lol when I unloaded them I had to double check that it was a radial as I've never seen that aggressive of a radial. I did learn about the road noise. At 65mph its all you can hear, unless I turn the radio up
Unread 06-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #1030
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshefbuch View Post
37" radials is want I bought as well. Lol when I unloaded them I had to double check that it was a radial as I've never seen that aggressive of a radial. I did learn about the road noise. At 65mph its all you can hear, unless I turn the radio up
Wait till after 1500 miles or so when they break in. I call it "calling in the air support". It will sound like a squadron of b52's are flying overhead.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #1031
Gainer
2000 TJ Wrangler 

love your Jeep!.... I've got a lot of catching up to do....

2000 TJ, 2"RC lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone Destination M/T, 4.56 USA Standard Gears, McLeod clutch
2005 WK, 2" Daystar
Amsoil.... GO ERIK BUELL RACING, Geoff May and Danny Eslick!! Hope to see you on the box!!
Gainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #1032
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep is looking good man! I myself am looking into speakers soon as mine are about shot from rain/dirt/dust. Think you will make it back to Crozet any this year?
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #1033
loki_TJ
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
It is one of a few TJ's I have really admired. I like it because it still looks like a jeep, but appears that it could punch Baja square in the face. No info except that it has about $12k in suspension from the looks of it. It was built for racing, I pulled some pictures of it from Pirate, but no idea where the thread is.
Tineye wasn't able to find it in 1.9B images, therefore it must not exist.

======= Edit =========

Google released a photo matching search last week.

Here's what it found.
Unread 06-20-2011, 10:53 AM   #1034
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Continuing with the sound system upgrades-

I was hanging out at a neighbors pool party this weekend talking about building a custom box for the back of the jeep when one of my wheeling buddies said he used to build those all of the time. So a couple of rum and cokes and a sunburn later I brought my plans for a sub over to Bill's place.

I needed something that would allow for a fuel cell and the rear seat to fit with a sub, but wasn't quite ready to tackle the "sub in a seat" project. So we decided to build something that would tuck nicely behind the passenger seat. When I say we, I cut a few pieces of wood and let Bill show off his expertise . I did do a very good job of drinking his beer though..... A reputation my Colorado crew will probably get a good laugh out of .

First up was cutting some of the panels:

Bill jigsawwing out the sub hole:

A little wood glue to help with the screws in holding this thing together:

Basic frame screwed together. Along with the 10" MTX competition sub:

More test fitting- it's a micro box, but it's going in a daily driver race rig, so compromises need to be made:

Bill adding some seam sealer to air tight this thing up:

Side hole for the wires:

Welcome to the suck. I swear it took me 2 hours to cover this thing:

Finished up and ready for install:

Final product:

I couldn't thank Bill enough for the help.... or the beer.

Speaking of which, he just put in the Rokmen 1/2" body lift on his rig. Hopefully we will be raking these things over the rocks on Saturday at The Flats off-road park.

Bill's 1/2" Rokmen body lift:

Unread 06-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #1035
gtxracer

Box looks good. Couple things I learned when I made my first box 9 years ago and is currently still in my jeep:

Use 3/4" MDF from Home Depot or Lowes when or if that plywood breaks apart.
Buy poly foam, the stuff that looks like white cotton, to stuff in the box. It will make the sub think it's in a bigger enclosure and give you better sound while saving space.
I used the brackets for the front speakers so I could stuff 5 1/4 (I think that's the size I used) or 6 1/2" speakers in the dash. Stuff that poly foam behind them and inside the sound pods and you'll have a nice setup. You can push them with an amp but that's a little overkill for a jeep in my opinion.

Hope it all comes out well, I'm wiring up a new amp in my TJ this week.
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.