Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 68 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-03-2011, 12:29 PM   #1006
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

I like the way the comp cut looks!

Unread 06-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #1007
joshr1987

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Comp cut and Hi-lines sounds sick!
joshr1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #1008
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Jay, Im definately interested in your tnt tube fenders. As for the comp cut, im usually not a fan, but with tube fenders on it i like it a lot more

Can't wait to see it come together before the race
Unread 06-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #1009
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Don't just do a normal comp cut. You gotta trick it out. Plain comp cuts are so 2010.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #1010
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13
Don't just do a normal comp cut. You gotta trick it out. Plain comp cuts are so 2010.
So how exactly does one trick it out?

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #1011
mallard15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Any info on the tj that inspired you. That thing is sick. My buddy has those tires on his juggy and loves them. I like the plans man. Sounds like a good plan. How much are you looking to get for those corners. I'd be interested when you sell them.

Yukon 4.10 R&P Gears Set (300$) PM me
mallard15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #1012
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ROCK View Post
So how exactly does one trick it out?

I'm getting some with a 3" flare, I guess that is trick as I can get. I think he was taking a shot at Hendrix- another dude who comp cut his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallard15 View Post
Any info on the tj that inspired you. That thing is sick. My buddy has those tires on his juggy and loves them. I like the plans man. Sounds like a good plan. How much are you looking to get for those corners. I'd be interested when you sell them.
It is one of a few TJ's I have really admired. I like it because it still looks like a jeep, but appears that it could punch Baja square in the face. No info except that it has about $12k in suspension from the looks of it. It was built for racing, I pulled some pictures of it from Pirate, but no idea where the thread is.

I am hoping to sell anything large (front and rear fenders) locally so the buyer can save on shipping- TNT charges $150 to $160 just to ship the rear corners. I think you are probably close enough that we could meet up. My initial plan is to save the buyer $100+ over having to order through TNT.

I have to get packing! I'm leaving in the morning for The Farm's rock crawl and I haven't armoralled the dash or put black magic on the tires (just kidding.... kind of). Hopefully we will get some good shots!
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #1013
mallard15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I live in charlotte half the summer anyway because my parents are divorced and I go see my dad who lives in Charlotte a lot so I could def pick them up locally. Just pm your price if you want to.

Yukon 4.10 R&P Gears Set (300$) PM me
mallard15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #1014
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jay I wasn't taking a shot at anyone, I was just saying try something different first. If you **** it up you can always hack the rest off for a full comp cut.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 06-03-2011, 09:36 PM   #1015
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I was being a smart ***, hard to tell over a forum.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #1016
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You should be rubbing the clay bar over your jeep instead of posting. What will the total strangers you meet think if you show up with a shoddy paint job?

Unread 06-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #1017
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post

Really dude? I guess it was so last year.

Yeah Jay don't be like me

James.

Jay, Comp cuts are for the cool kids.

Edit: I really like the idea of the Campbell Hood.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #1018
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lol

Unread 06-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #1019
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

How bout of bringing the rear most part of the tub back down a bit kinda like a "V" on the trailing edge of the comp cut? Instead of having it go straight back all the way....Then you could tuck the 3" flares down to match. have the "V" kick down 4"-6" so you keep more of the tub on the rear??

IDK if you can visualize what the picture in my head is from the description i just gave.....cant really describe it too well.....Anywho SICK BAD A-- Tj man!! +15(at least)
Unread 06-04-2011, 01:33 AM   #1020
jmcd13
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Truely an amazing build brother. If your ever down in Florida and want to ride with someone who will slow you down on the trails call me lol. Im not even in the same ball park, but Id love to run the trails none the less.
jmcd13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.