Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 67 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 05-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #991
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Damn those teeth are gronded down pretty bad Jay. How did the pinion look? I'm guessing it had some signs of destruction as well...

And those are some killer upper CA mounts! I'd imagine your CA snapping in half before those mounts even get dented.

Can't wait to see some pics from the Farm event!

Unread 05-24-2011, 09:54 AM   #992
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Are considering some real rear shocks? I think the difference will be night and day compared the the basic steel bodied white shock. Especially racing those white ones have got to fade quick!
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #993
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice Jay, Are you going to the badlands this June?
Unread 05-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #994
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mferrari View Post
Are considering some real rear shocks? I think the difference will be night and day compared the the basic steel bodied white shock. Especially racing those white ones have got to fade quick!
1000% Yes. After losing the first one and with only one supporting the entire rear of the jeep, it was completely faded in minutes.

I would like another pair of C/Os, but Clayton told me his rear stretch setup is not designed to go with coilovers. The angle the frame is notched, the way the shock mount sits, they just won't support or work with C/Os.

So that leaves reservoir shocks (they have to be mounted upside down because of my limited space). So I'm just trying to figure out the best way to go. But yes, I will need new ones pretty soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
Very nice Jay, Are you going to the badlands this June?
I would like to, but it will be tough.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #995
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'll check with my buddy, I think he had some Fox remote resi he was using on his TJ before swapping to tons and coilovers. Might be selling them cheap if he still has them.
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 11:10 AM   #996
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER

1000% Yes. After losing the first one and with only one supporting the entire rear of the jeep, it was completely faded in minutes.

I would like another pair of C/Os, but Clayton told me his rear stretch setup is

I would like to, but it will be tough.
A C/O would eat that up shock mount up anyway. You can buy a half back kit or go with the poly pro towers. Great job Jay!

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #997
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'd throw some beef gussets on those shock mounts for added insurance

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 09:10 AM   #998
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
This is what I was thinking. Maybe add a gusset on the front side of the mount to add some support.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #999
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
This is what I was thinking. Maybe add a gusset on the front side of the mount to add some support.
I agree, and will do that before I race it again. However, I'm still trying to figure out how to justify ($$$) a coilover setup in the rear.

The final race of the year is November 5th at WindRock, TN and is going to be a 120 mile course! That is a little longer than the 30 mile race down in Auburn . The promoters are saying that it will be very fast and very difficult and that B Class (my class) is paying out $7,500 for 1st place!
Unread 05-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #1000
curt7088
2002 TJ Wrangler 

wow!!! i was at windrock just last year nice place out there where are they going to hold the race though, there is nothing but up and down the side of the mountain from what i saw... it seems like it's going to be a bad *** race, you gotta do it, until i can afford to do something like that with my tj I have to live vicariously through you, so please do it!!!
lol iam stealth like a 900 pound cat ha ha
curt7088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #1001
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Dude, you have to win or at least place 3rd. Thats some serious coin. Put down the money now and have your rig tip-top by then and whompstomp everybody down there.
MountainMan864 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #1002
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

This is from a friends LJ, It looks close to your relationship to where your frame is cut. He had some tubes bent and home made mounts at the top.

What is your stretch in the rear again? I believe his isn't as much since he was already over 100WB, But I believe with the same relationship as the picture, you can put a CO there, you will just have to cut the tube to fit it all the way back there. If I could find pictures of my friend Robs Jeep with similar stretch to yours, you could see something very similar to yours with CO's
p3250022.jpg  
Unread 05-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #1003
windkn0t

are you running no spacers on those 9.5 wide racelines? I think they only come with a 4 inch bs

Last edited by windkn0t; 05-28-2011 at 12:33 AM..
windkn0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #1004
tucanbob

very nice "race report" on pirate. seems they liked your daily driver. =)
Unread 06-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #1005
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Actually there may be some really cool suprises to come from the coverage of the race .

The November Windrock competition is estimating to be between a 4 and 6 hour race for Class B and that is a looong time to be pushing the daily driver. I've made a wish list of upgrades and I'm trying to figure out the best way to approach it.

To take what I have to the next level, axles aside, I was thinking something like the list below. While I'm still researching, the priority list would look something like this:
  • Comp Cut Rear Corners with 3" Flare
    *Sell TNT Rear Stretch Corners
  • Front 14" Airbumps
  • Rear Airbumps (not sure on size)
  • Front 14" Coilovers (re-do mount)
    *Sell Fox 12" Coilovers
  • Rear Anti-rock
  • Rear 14" Coilovers + Mount
  • Front Hi-line Tube Fenders with 3" Flare
    *Sell Front TNT Tube Fenders
I think all of that would transfer over to bigger axles, so it wouldn't be wasting too much $$$ to do those upgrades on the Rubi 44's.

If I go comp cut, I need to move the axle back a little farther, in my photoshopped pics it looks a little off- ie the tire needs to be back to fill out the comp cut better. I've also been thinking about a change back to all white. A local shop here has volunteered to body match paint them for a sweet DEAL.

Couple of examples, but I would have a flare:

This TJ has given me a lot of ideas on the direction I would like mine to migrate to, just cleaner :

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.