Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-22-2010, 08:02 AM   #76
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendrix05 View Post
Looks good. What fuel tank or cell are you going to be using?
Currently I have the stock tank mounted in the tub, but will probably go with a Gen-Right Alien tank or the PureJeep 7" stretch tank.

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #77
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good Jay!

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 01:38 AM   #78
04limegreen
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks really good I am loving the stretch, rims, and tires. I may have missed it, but are you doing the Clayton long arm on the front too?

Electric Lime Green Jeep Owners #3
04limegreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 08:44 AM   #79
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04limegreen View Post
Looks really good I am loving the stretch, rims, and tires. I may have missed it, but are you doing the Clayton long arm on the front too?
I don't have the Clayton front kit yet, that will probably be a 2011 project. I want to throw some mastercraft seats in first.

Couple of toys arriving today for the Jeep:

UPS: out for delivery

USPS: out for delivery

Pics to come this afternoon!

Unread 06-25-2010, 08:49 AM   #80
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

The wait is always sooo long

This is a really great example of a quality build. I like how you wheel it, then modify it to better suit your wheeling conditions. There's too many builds where the owner just throws $ at their Jeep to build it for...whatever.
The U.S. Army vaguely envisioned something bigger than a motorcycle, smaller than a truck, and undaunted by the most difficult terrain.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #81
04limegreen
2004 TJ Wrangler 

A few months back I installed Corbeau Baja RS seats in my jeep with their four point harness. I must say I love this combination the harness are so easy to use and the seats are so comfortable plus the Corbeaus are almost half the price of the Mastercrafts.

Corbeau: Baja RS

Electric Lime Green Jeep Owners #3
04limegreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #82
zachbh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04limegreen View Post
A few months back I installed Corbeau Baja RS seats in my jeep with their four point harness. I must say I love this combination the harness are so easy to use and the seats are so comfortable plus the Corbeaus are almost half the price of the Mastercrafts.

Corbeau: Baja RS
Those are the exact ones I was thinking of getting eventually, glad to hear about them from someone.

And to be not off topic, can't wait for the pics to see what goodies you got today.
zachbh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 11:52 AM   #83
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So, what did you order?

Is it your tank or your seats? Just an FYI, I bought expired racing harness on the cheap. You might be able to hit up a local race shop.

www.rockfrogs.org
Unread 06-25-2010, 01:01 PM   #84
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ROCK View Post
So, what did you order?

Is it your tank or your seats? Just an FYI, I bought expired racing harness on the cheap. You might be able to hit up a local race shop.
Seats won't come until later in the year, probably birthday'ish/Christmas'ish and the tank is something I will procrastinate on for awhile.

Oddly enough, both UPS and the USPS stopped by within about 30 minutes of each other! First drop was UPS: TNT Customs new Hi-line Zyros stretch corners! I went with the TNT's over Savvy for two reasons: first being they match my TNT front tube fenders (same brand, matching, ok, not a legitimate reason), but the second more important reason- as much as Gerald said it would be easy to cut the wheel wells in his corners, it is pretty obvious I can not cut a semi-circle. IE- look at my profile shots of the rear right now .

Gerald's corners were less expensive and lighter, but I needed the perfect cut wheel well, so TNT it was.

Here is a shot of the Hi-line Zyro corner laid on top of my old XRC corner:

30 minutes later the postman dropped off this little gift- New LED 4.5" rear taillights! These will be replacing my flush mounted truck lights.

Excluding a new spare tire, I don't have any immediate plans for ordering anything. It will take all weekend to finish up the corners, then the plan is to wheel the hell out of it.

More pics to come!
Unread 06-25-2010, 01:07 PM   #85
INCA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Those look really nice!
INCA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #86
SkyHigh
1997 TJ Wrangler 

what tail lghts are those? Look likes an ASL lens...but the housing is throwing me off...looks thick.
Unread 06-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #87
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHigh View Post
what tail lghts are those? Look likes an ASL lens...but the housing is throwing me off...looks thick.
They are from Ultra Car Care in California- $40.00

On a side note, I will be adding some more to my cage, but also need some sort of frame tie-ins. Any suggestions? I'm running the Poison Spyder trail cage if that helps.

Unread 06-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #88
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
They are from Ultra Car Care in California- $40.00

On a side note, I will be adding some more to my cage, but also need some sort of frame tie-ins. Any suggestions? I'm running the Poison Spyder trail cage if that helps.

I never used any of these. I have only made my own.

Poly Pro - Poly Performance JEEP/TRUCK & BUGGY*::*Brackets/Tabs/Trusses*::*Cage Accessories*::*Poly Performance Cage Tie-In Kit - JK Synergy Suspension Systems, Fox Racing Shox, Beard, CTM, Johnny Joints®, Currie Enterprises, Edelbrock, Pit Bull Tires, Ramsey W

MORE
FTK200 '97 - '06 Jeep TJ & LJ Frame Tie-In Kit - Pair w/ hardware

Genright
TJ Roll Cage | Roll bar | Jeep Parts | Jeep Accessories | Jeep Bumpers | Jeep Gas Tanks

www.rockfrogs.org
Unread 06-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #89
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Eric! Those gave me some ideas on how to build some.

I took everything off the jeep for painting. Starting with unbolting the sliders:

Got them off and cleaned the under side:

Cleaned and sanded the sliders for paint:

I started painting the sliders today. I have come to realize that I have no idea what I am doing! I'm using my spray gun for the first time and I'm learning on the go. First coat was with the wrong nozzle and not enough pressure. It looks nasty. My plan is to paint three layers and wet sand it to "normal". I've never wet sanded before either, sooooo.. who knows what these will look like.

I really wish I just stuck to spray paint.

Pics to come...
Unread 06-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #90
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jay-

How do you like the rear upper shock mount from Clayton? This is the biggest thing that bugs me about that kit...ir just looks really weak. Any other pics of it? Does it seem pretty solid?

Glad to see you got the new corners. I knew you were probably tossing and turning at night, curled up in the corner without having a cleaner opening for the rear tires.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620

Last edited by KUK9; 06-27-2010 at 11:46 PM..
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.