Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #826
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemorEsto View Post
Haha.... gas filler is classic... Nice pics. How many acres is that place? I've thought about going down but heard it was pretty small.
It's quality, not quantity.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #827
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
One thing I can't ever seem to understand is how you manage to keep your jeep looking so clean on the trails even when it's raining?

Some of the guys were giving me a hard time.... after a full day of wheeling in the bad weather, my tow rig was dirtier than my jeep.

Another pic I found that I liked:

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #828
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome pics man. Time to rethink the tire carrier. Can it be fixed? That is magic wax he uses to keep it lookin soo good even when the trails are nasty.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #829
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

tell me more about this rear stinger bust...I saw the pic, wow that tube bent! I was going to order PS rear stinger this summer so i could wheel without taking my spare off. Id love to know your thought on the product after you bent it pretty good
inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #830
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglisleslie View Post
tell me more about this rear stinger bust...I saw the pic, wow that tube bent! I was going to order PS rear stinger this summer so i could wheel without taking my spare off. Id love to know your thought on the product after you bent it pretty good
X2, I am getting really close to putting on a rear swingdown. I would like to know what happen and what to avoid.

Great trips and trip report.

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 02:31 PM   #831
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

He really didn't hit the carrier that hard. At least not that I thought. But it sure did dent up pretty good.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #832
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I came down on my rear bumper/cross member a couple of times, but only one was very hard. It was enough to jar my jaw (rattled my teeth).

Unfortunately, it wasn't the cross member I hit, it was the stinger. I was tangled up inbetween these two rocks-

With the weight of the jeep, it wouldn't have mattered what it was made of, it was getting dented.
Unread 04-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #833
B2CARPEN
2000 TJ Wrangler 

How'd those hinges hold up to that hit? I've also been thinking of this type of carrier design so I can at least bring my spare along. Currently I wheel without a spare, just a huge array of tire repair tools.
Unread 04-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #834
B2CARPEN
2000 TJ Wrangler 

And I would love to see Jay wheel out by us at the badlands... there's absolutely NO WAY you'll stay clean on the orange trail
Unread 04-11-2011, 03:34 PM   #835
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great meeting you Jay! The Jeep really does look good. I wish i could have stayed a little longer but I had something at 5. Hope you come up soon and maybe get some Indy boys to trailer down

keep up the good work!!
Unread 04-11-2011, 04:05 PM   #836
Esoom74
2002 TJ Wrangler 

awesome build!
Unread 04-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #837
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The gas filler tube is classic Good to see that you all had a good time. You lucky those cows didnt stampeed with the smell of steak in the air! But the Jack probably kept em away
Unread 04-23-2011, 06:51 AM   #838
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Parts are coming in fast and furious to make this rig fast and furious .

Have to thank Mutiny Racing for the fire suits, extinguisher, and GoPro Camera. That made my life a ton less stressful trying to figure out how to get those in my short time frame.

You may notice a couple of other toys in the pic- Helmet is from my Autocross days (note Z06 a few pages back) and I picked up a transmission cooler.

Did some test and tuning Thursday at speed- 4low in the rocks, 4high on the flats. After only 30 minutes, I already had transmission fluid purging out onto my axle and steering. Solution? New Mopar deep transmission pan and external transmission cooler. Hopefully I can get those on today, pics to follow!

Full soft doors ordered yesterday (helps to drop 100lbs), but still need:
  • 2nd fire extinguisher mount
  • Rear bump stop situation figured out
  • Hi-lift mount
  • Tool box mount
  • Battery mount

More pictures, mods, and news to come..........
Unread 04-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #839
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Are you gonna mount the hi-lift inside on the cage or outside on the rear stinger?
Unread 04-23-2011, 12:23 PM   #840
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I predict many broken parts, then a tube chassis in your future.

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.