Love your jeep man!! its inspirational.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #797 of 6915 Old 04-06-2011, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
REDLYNER

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Where'd you score that classy Rokmen decal?
That sticker was given to me by Jeff at Rokmen almost 5 years ago. We met at a gas station in Highlands Ranch, CO where I bought one of my first mods- a steering box skid. Ahhh, the simple times .

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt7088 View Post
I agree ditch the locks if you can, i ate up 3 of the four locks from that very set i had on my Durango.... you can get matching individual lugs from there
Looks like I need to ditch the locking lugs. I already hate the new lug nuts- they use a 13/16 socket, which doesn't fit in the holes of the wheel.

So, crunch time before Crozet: I dropped off the front drive shaft this morning to a shop here in Charlotte..... where they are adding 3" of tube! Yeah, I was running it a little short . The addition of the 3" will let me stretch it another inch or so forward (with a custom bent trackbar) and still have plenty of DS. Plus, I slightly bent the shaft about three trips ago and have since developed a slight vibration between 42 and 48mph. Unbolted the driveshaft, took it for a spin, and it drove smoother than a slip-n-slide covered in KY.

So hopefuly the new DS shaft will correct that as well.

I think all that is left is to swap out the bikini top for the soft top (suppose to rain pretty bad this weekend) and hope these guys get my DS finished by tomorrow afternoon.
post #798 of 6915 Old 04-06-2011, 09:23 AM
dendrophobe
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Man, I wish I could get over to Crozet with you guys this weekend, it's practically my backyard. Sadly, I've got drill this weekend. Have a good time; the Jeep looks great, as always!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 TJ Sport, Light Khaki Metallic
RE 3.5" coils, OME shocks, Currie control arms, JKS track bars, JKS 1.25 BL, JKS 1 BMML, 35x12.5x15 Goodyear MT/Rs, American Racing ATX Chamber (Teflon), JB Conversions SS SYE, Tom Woods driveshaft, Savvy Gas Tank Skid, Warn 9.5ti, Viking synthetic winchline w/safety thimble, Metalcloak bumper, Metalcloak steering box skid, Savvy rear bumper, HP30 w/Aussie Locker, Barnett cover, XRF ball joints, Savvy tie rod flip, mini-skids, housing end JJ's, , Currie Steering, OME steering stabiliser, Metalcloak Tube Fenders/rear flares/rocker guards, ORO SwayLOC, Banks Stinger Exhaust, Cobra 75 WX ST with Wilson Silver Load, S-POD, Alpine/MOPAR RB1 Navigation Unit w/MOPAR iPod integration, Superlift Truspeed speedo correction, Lightforce 140 Lance driving lights, OTRATTW switch panel, Tinted UPOL Raptor Liner, Savvy Black Magic brakes, Centric rotors, Superior Evo rear shafts

In the garage: Viking Offroad 350 series Hawse fairlead, ARB compressor, Savvy corner guards, Novak 231 cable shifter, EBC green stuff/Centric rotors (rear), Savvy tub rails, Savvy taillights
post #799 of 6915 Old 04-07-2011, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
REDLYNER

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got the driveshaft back today! They lengthened it 2" by replacing the whole tube with a longer one. When I picked it up the guy asked what I had been doing with it. I asked why and said because it was one of the more beat up and bent ones they had seen .

New shaft:

I installed it earlier and took it for a spin up to 70mph..... drove like a charm!

Just in time for the rocks at Crozet . It is suppose to rain all weekend, so I am predicting a slippery mess. Always makes for a good time.

Only negative? I had to swap the bikini top setup for the soft top.
post #800 of 6915 Old 04-07-2011, 11:22 PM
B2CARPEN
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I love that built up anticipation right before a wheeling trip, especially when there's new stuff to test out. Be sure to take lots of pics and vids of the chaos

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Founder of
post #801 of 6915 Old 04-07-2011, 11:25 PM
MO2500
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
It is suppose to rain all weekend, so I am predicting a slippery mess. Always makes for a good time.

Only negative? I had to swap the bikini top setup for the soft top.
The link in the Crozet thread is stating cloudy and 60 Saturday and 81 and sunny Sunday. I'm trying to stay optimistic since I don't have a top on mine right now.
It is suppose to rain all day tomorrow though so it will probably be slick. We'll just have to see if it will hold off saturday. Should be nice Sunday but I won't be able to stay.

Anyway, see you there

Instagram: @omsmike
post #802 of 6915 Old 04-08-2011, 06:27 AM
94yjay
1994 YJ Wrangler 

who did you get to do your driveshaft, if you don't mind me asking?
post #803 of 6915 Old 04-08-2011, 09:39 AM
B2CARPEN
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
I'm trying to stay optimistic since I don't have a top on mine right now.
It will be a good oportunity to rinse out all the dust and overspray from the past month

Founder of
post #804 of 6915 Old 04-08-2011, 09:57 AM
MO2500
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
It will be a good oportunity to rinse out all the dust and overspray from the past month
Good point

post #805 of 6915 Old 04-08-2011, 12:19 PM
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Can't wait to see you there Jay!

post #806 of 6915 Old 04-08-2011, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
REDLYNER

2000 TJ Wrangler 

En route! About 5 more hours to go...

We are camping, so please come on by the tent/rig and hang out!

REDLYNER Racing #4410

Rugged Radios * Raceline Wheels * DynoMax Exhaust * Motor Trenz * Polar Bear Coolers

Instagram/Facebook/Twitter: redlynerracing
post #807 of 6915 Old 04-08-2011, 02:00 PM
MO2500
1997 TJ Wrangler 

About to leave from school now. Will pack up the Jeep when I get home and head out tomorrow morning. Me and JJeeper09 should be there around 8:30am tomorrow. Wish I could stay and camp the weekend but I have stuff to do Sunday back at school

post #808 of 6915 Old 04-08-2011, 04:53 PM
creepycrawly

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just a heads up gents...the university is having a couple of events this weekend! Almost all the hotels are booked and the ones that arent are $120 a night at best!

You can't be first, but you can be next!
post #809 of 6915 Old 04-08-2011, 06:38 PM
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Lucky, where is it your going, ordered a 3 inch BDS lift and 33's today, should be lockers, armour next and I'll be ready to wheel on the beginner trail's;-)

Her's = 2014 Sahara Unlimited
His = Owned 4 Wranglers every Gen but JK, Currently in a BMW 330i
post #810 of 6915 Old 04-08-2011, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
REDLYNER

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Took us 5 hours and 10 minutes to get here, just now stopped raining which gave us juuuust enough time to get the tents setup.

Look for the white Hummer to find our tents. Time to get the steaks on the grill and the Jack Daniels in the cups!

REDLYNER Racing #4410

Rugged Radios * Raceline Wheels * DynoMax Exhaust * Motor Trenz * Polar Bear Coolers

Instagram/Facebook/Twitter: redlynerracing

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.