Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #781
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdog5 View Post
will you be at crozet the 9th and 10th?
That is the plan! I hope the weather is nice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfochris View Post

War Eagle, was there around 98 myself.

This type of progressive build, documented with photos, is just a jewel of the online community.
War Eagle!!!

Thanks for the kind words. I hope to have some updates soon, at a minimum some offroad shots.

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #782
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hope to see your Jeep at Crozet!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:38 PM   #783
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Jay, is the wife coming to crozet? If not, mind if I ride shotgun? I'm in VA for two weeks, and have a rental with unlimited miles. Lol it's like 2.5 hours from here. I'm down in Williamsburg. If I know there's a seat for my rear I'll try and make it up. I don't want to be a burden on anyone though.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:54 PM   #784
gottkts
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Jay, is the wife coming to crozet? If not, mind if I ride shotgun? I'm in VA for two weeks, and have a rental with unlimited miles. Lol it's like 2.5 hours from here. I'm down in Williamsburg. If I know there's a seat for my rear I'll try and make it up. I don't want to be a burden on anyone though.
Think he said one of his buddies is riding with him. His wife can't come and he needed a co pilot for the long haul.

94YJ BDS 3.5, M.O.R.E shackles,1 inch daystar body lift, Ford 8.8 arb locker, 4.56 yukon gears, Dana 30 ARB locker, ARB compressor, HID headlights, LED tailights, TnT tube fenders and quarters, smittybilt rocksliders, raptor liner, ground pounder fab bumpers, 35" cooper stt tires on 15x8 cragar streetlocks,warn winch and more
gottkts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #785
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ah. Thanks. Oh well.

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 04-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #786
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have an open seat, jump on man!

I didn't want to drive up by myself, its about an 11 hour round trip, so one of the guys I wheel with around here is dragging his rig up as well, caravanning behind me.

HUGE UPDATE THIS WEEKEND!

I think this will be the most non-technical update so far. It was really nice out this weekend, so I decided to touch up everything I could find that looked dinged, scratched, or faded. I'm sure all of it will be torn back up next weekend, but oh well, it will look nice at the mall this week .

Bumped the front axle forward another 1/2". We'll see if this gets it into the track bar or not-

The steering stabilizer was nasty, axle was all scratched up, so I gave them a fresh coat of paint-

A little Rokmen love-

Since I had the wheels off, I decided to cover up the rusted Vanco calipers. Before-

Was going with orange, but the nozzle was busted, so I went with silver-

All finished-

Decided to match the grey Rubicon Express springs in the rear to the silver Eibach springs up front. More hard core action:

Before-

Getting the first coat on next to the beat up RE-

Three coats later-

Done and done-

Couldn't forget the last big job of the weekend! I had four different types of lug nuts on the jeep, so a 20% coupon to Advanced Auto took care of that-

So, sorry it's not a huge update, but fun little upgrades that kept me outside.

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #787
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You didn't have to clean it up just for me!

Lol I want a coupon to advanced! I could do some damage there.

And if nothing pops up count me in this weekend. I'll let you know for sure when it's closer. I don't expect them to screw with my weekend, but you never know. Jay, do you still have my number?

Unread 04-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #788
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

James i got an open seat and im leaving from ashland from Crozet. Also I'll see you both this weekend!
Unread 04-04-2011, 03:37 AM   #789
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'll probably only be up there for a day. I dont have any camping gear here. I don't know where Ashland is, is that close? As for the seat, good. I'm sure I'll bounce around.

Unread 04-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #790
94yjay
1994 YJ Wrangler 

hope you have better luck with those locks than I did, I found the metal too soft and stripped off the part that the key fits on to. I had to borrow my buddies extractor to get them back off.
94yjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #791
curt7088
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94yjay View Post
hope you have better luck with those locks than I did, I found the metal too soft and stripped off the part that the key fits on to. I had to borrow my buddies extractor to get them back off.
I agree ditch the locks if you can, i ate up 3 of the four locks from that very set i had on my Durango.... you can get matching individual lugs from there
lol iam stealth like a 900 pound cat ha ha
curt7088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #792
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Where'd you score that classy Rokmen decal?
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #793
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

What paint did you use on the coil springs, and what primer (if primed)?
Unread 04-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #794
Recoil
1988 MJ Comanche 

Looks good as usual man

\/ \/ \/
EPIC
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 09:45 PM   #795
GIJOE1914
2004 TJ Wrangler 

By far the Nicest Jeep I've seen....I'm thinking of doing Pitbull Radials for the winter months. Good build!
GIJOE1914 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.