Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 49 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-06-2011, 04:07 PM   #721
reznory
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet TJ, Jay. Saw it at Rides when Brandon did my lift and tires. I have the white TJ with Argent AEV Pintlers and 35x12.50 Goodyear Wrangler MTRs with Kevlar. Brandon told me that you may be selling your front axle soon. I'm very interested in it if you are. I'm on NC4x4.com with this same username. Let me know if you decide to sell that axle. I'm just getting started on my Jeep, it was bone stock when I bought it in December. I'm sure I'll be interested in a lot of the mods you take off when you upgrade, so let me know when you decide to get rid of anything. Hope to see you at the Flats next weekend and I'm sure I'll see you around Uwharrie, Mtn. City, Gulches etc. Keep up the great work.

White Jeep Club #134
reznory is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #722
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

^ I saw them mounting your tires and installing them on the rig, night and day difference!

At some point I will probably sell both the front and rear axles, so I'll try to remember to let you know ahead of time. At a minimum, I'll mention it in this thread first before posting them up for sale. Actually, at that time I would be doing a complete make over- which would be stage 6 of this build:
  • Sell built front Rubi 44 axle, build front Dana 60.
  • Sell built rear Rubi 44 axle, build rear Dana 60 or 14 bolt.
  • Sell 37" Pitbull radial Rockers, buy 40" MTR/K's or 41" radial Rockers
  • Sell 17" Raceline wheels 5x4.5, buy 17" Raceline wheels (8 bolt pattern)
  • Move rear axle back another 2", cut corners to fit

But, it has been pointed out to me several times that I have commitment issues with my jeep parts . So in an effort to slide away from that rep, I'm going to try to wheel this setup for..... at least a season . The good thing is that the jeep is running perfectly and essentially my Stage 5 or Version 5 of the rig is complete.

There are a few 5.5 mods I'm looking at before diving into the next level- like Cage to frame tie-ins, Fuel cell, and possibly some half doors. I'll make sure to post pics as those upgrades are built.

Couple of specs on how the rig sits right now:
  • 2000 TJ
  • 100" wheelbase
  • 74" to the top of the windshield frame
  • 20 3/4" to the belly up pan
  • 21 1/2" to the frame rail
  • 37" Pitbull radial Rockers
  • 3.5" lift on Fox 2.0 Coilovers (front)
  • Weight is ~4,300lbs loaded with doors and spare
  • Weight is ~4,050lbs with out doors and spare
REDLYNER is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #723
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just spent a good 4 hours going through this.

I'm trying to build a LCOG rig and going with a 2 or 2.5 inch and the DIY Highliner kit front and rear, just picked up my 35's and I haven't even picked up my Jeep yet, still in Iraq, when I get back I'll be watching yoru stuff and I'll try to make the trip up to N.C. to wheel as well.

Would love to see this thing in action. And your running stock crawl ratio right now?
Unread 03-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #724
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahndrvr View Post
Just spent a good 4 hours going through this.

I'm trying to build a LCOG rig and going with a 2 or 2.5 inch and the DIY Highliner kit front and rear, just picked up my 35's and I haven't even picked up my Jeep yet, still in Iraq, when I get back I'll be watching yoru stuff and I'll try to make the trip up to N.C. to wheel as well.

Would love to see this thing in action. And your running stock crawl ratio right now?
Thanks for the service!!! Assuming that is why you are in the sand box.

Still running stock crawl ratio. I had a line on a Rubi 4 to 1 box for a sweet deal, but passed because I have been pleased with mine and just couldn't justify the move. We have a 4 to1 crawl box in the H3 and it is ssssssllllllllooooooowwwwwwww. It gets into the upper rpms quicker than I like.

I have thought about the shorter springs as well, but I'm right where I want to be uptravel wise and I think I would get too much into my fenders if I go any lower.

Unread 03-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #725
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have 4 to 1 crawl in my Rubicon and i must say im not to pleased with it. Though it may be good in some applications, I can't see myself keeping it in low riding small trails and hill climbs. I almost want to sell it for a built Np 231
Unread 03-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #726
RedTj01
2008 JK Wrangler 

Awesome Jeep Redlyner! Keep up the good work!
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/red-tj-build-1127470/[/url]
RedTj01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #727
Lamont_24
1999 TJ Wrangler 

my dad has a rubicon and for me the ratio isnt too bad. at Silver Lake sand dunes its not too bad. but I think its just a personel choice.
[COLOR="Indigo"]Purple Jeep Club member #13[/COLOR]
Lamont_24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #728
bandit455
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJeeper09 View Post
I have 4 to 1 crawl in my Rubicon and i must say im not to pleased with it. Though it may be good in some applications, I can't see myself keeping it in low riding small trails and hill climbs. I almost want to sell it for a built Np 231
you can always use the higher gear in your trans with the 4:1, thats the beauty of it.
Eagle scout jeeper #10

my build thread
The Things We Make, Make Us
bandit455 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2011, 09:43 PM   #729
andrewmacc
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mox View Post
I love this picture Jay!

The rocks and the front of your Jeep are super clear and crisp, with the slightly blurred background. Excellent shot!

Glad everythings working well, looks good
Being a photographer I always ruin nice shots for myself like that one, though, because if you look at the portion of the background being framed by the white part of the cage on the left, you'll see the natural photo of it being in focus as opposed to being blurred by a shallow depth of field that you would get from a low aperture.

Nonetheless, obviously it is a crazy transformation from page one.. and I love how you keep it so clean and still wheel the everloving hell out of it. You can tell it's not a pavement princess, but it's certainly got "sex" appeal!
Unread 03-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #730
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks man,

I'm in love with the setup and you really just saved me a ton of money because I will just SYE the 231 and keep stock crawl ratio wh 4.88's or 4.56's on the 35's. I'm not even going to do the SYE and CV shaft yet as i'm going to do the MML along with the cut hood and raised fenders.

I can focus on building the axles with the extra cash now instead of height, and you also Made me realize with the wheeling I do, i will Never need a Longarm setup, maybe if I do it in phases such as yours but for now, stock length and short arms are it for me, in the beginning I'll be on stock short arms at that, then probably clayton or JKS adjustable lowers and I'll be watching for used stuff for the top as it doesnt' get beat on, maybe replace a bushing or two type of thing.

Love the fact taht you have made all of this work without a body lift as well. Congrats man, and the OCD is impressive, I'm like that on my Stangs, but never on a 4wd vehicle.
Unread 03-09-2011, 06:49 AM   #731
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahndrvr View Post
I'm not even going to do the SYE and CV shaft yet

Love the fact taht you have made all of this work without a body lift as well. Congrats man, and the OCD is impressive, I'm like that on my Stangs, but never on a 4wd vehicle.
You will probably end up needing the SYE and CV shaft. I would pretty much just consider it a must have if you are going to lift your jeep. It will eliminate 90% of the vibes you will find on the street once you start getting taller.

I nearly bought a Saleen like yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmacc View Post
I love how you keep it so clean and still wheel the everloving hell out of it. You can tell it's not a pavement princess, but it's certainly got "sex" appeal!
Thank you! I always caravan with several friends and family members who wheel as well and they tell me they hear the funniest things being said in the crowd when I run some of the obstacles:

"Wow, I didn't think a normal jeep would go over that"
"I didn't know we were at a damn car show"
"Great, here comes a garage queen"
"I can't wait to watch this guy tear up that jeep"

I hear it every time we go out. I just take it as a back handed compliment. My friends and family get a kick out of it .
Unread 03-09-2011, 07:06 AM   #732
bahndrvr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
I nearly bought a Saleen like yours!

Thanks man, I've had her 5 years now, first two were when I built it in Germany - Viper Spec t-56 with Carbon fiber gears, IRS, Coilovers, Vortech etc etc etc. Putting her back to stock and selling her though. She was a terror on the road courses in Germany and the Autobahn, but the last 2 1/2 years have just been depressing for me, with the gearing and setup I have she's capable but I ran her up to 187 GPS once and lost balls to keep going, my top is still stretched from that. I have put maybe 5000 miles on her in the last 3 years so time to move the fixture and start building this Jeep as my DD and my New to me 1983 Mercury Capri T-Top will be getting Alot done and shooting for a wheel lifting consistent 9's on spray

In her current form she's a high 11 second car and already has a cage. I'll be doing some welding on her in critical areas and then throwing a 150-200 shot at her to find the weak links. That's why my Jeep build will be slow beyond the initial lift and fender hack. I'm looking at Aussie lockers front and rear along with the LCOG and 35's should be plenty capable for what i come against

The Mercury, honestlyl will probably have 5 engines in the next 5 years till I find what i like, be it built spray, back to turbo/turbo's, modular etc, long process now;-) Like that Z06 and the rim collection.

The SYE and D-shaft will come probably at the same time as the spring lift, but Jeep comes with a Budget boost Spacer kit and I'm going to run it with the Highline kit the first 3-6 months while I research, research, research the best deal on 2-3 inch springs and lower control arms. For the spacers, highline, and 35's, MML, and Locker phase shouldn't be any vibes I'm hoping
Unread 03-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #733
walkerg
1998 TJ Wrangler 

ill buy your rear 44 but if its over a 1000 i cant, a greenskeeper at my local golf course doesnt pay as well as your job.
walkerg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #734
platinum5.9
Web Wheeler

2003 WJ 

We need updates....
03 Grand Cherokee Limited-White/Agate-4.7HO/QD-OME HD springs-1" spacers-MX6 shocks-OME SS-IRO rear links-255/75/17 BFG muds-JK Moabs-Muffler Delete-Magnaflow Cats x3-V3 Projectors 35w 5000k HID and High/Low harness w/relays-IRO Premium Sliders-SOLID D30 Cover-Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs/3/4" black shackles http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...1/#post9902192
--Enchanted Mountain Off-road Crew--Olean NY
enchantedmountainoffroad@gmail.com
platinum5.9 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #735
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum5.9
We need updates....
Subscribed

Sent from my iPod touch using JeepForum

Nuff said...[/CENTER]
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.