Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 267 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #3991
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
You've got balls. I wouldn't trust my GF to drive it out of the neighborhood, let alone to work in traffic.
He just a smart husband. Let the wife drive the Jeep and get attention = more Jeep parts.

jforse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 09:24 PM   #3992
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jforse View Post
He just a smart husband. Let the wife drive the Jeep and get attention = more Jeep parts.
That's a good plan, but the truth of the matter is that she's the one that makes him buy the good stuff for it; without her input, the Jaylopy would be pimpin' a D35 with some C-clips.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #3993
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jforse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
That's a good plan, but the truth of the matter is that she's the one that makes him buy the good stuff for it; without her input, the Jaylopy would be pimpin' a D35 with some C-clips.

Quoted for truth .

Per Art, photo courtesy of Josh, gear borrowed from Mike- the wife getting ready to bomb through the desert:
image.jpg  
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #3994
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post

Quoted for truth .

Per Art, photo courtesy of Josh, gear borrowed from Mike- the wife getting ready to bomb through the desert:
So awesome, wish my women enjoyed three Jeep=/
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #3995
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

any update on races? haven't seen a video of #4550 in a while

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #3996
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeProof View Post
any update on races? haven't seen a video of #4550 in a while
I have (or had) 2 more races on my calendar to run rain or shine. The first one is at the end of July and the jeep is prepped and ready to go for it. However I got an email on Friday from my boss asking me to train a new guy and drive him around North Carolina and Virginia the week of the race. I told him about the race and while he said I could do it, I'm really the only guy that could train this dude on the East Coast. Soooo.....

There is another ECORS race 4th of July weekend, but it is at Devils Playground and they race through a muddy creek- which 20 laps through it turns it into a swampy muddy mess. That takes a lot of the fun out of it for me, so I usually just watch that one from my computer. So far this year the 4 races in the South East that have taken place have all been in the nastiest rainy conditions I have ever seen, ALL FOUR! The guys who have run some of them are still pressure washing their rigs.

Also working on the next short movie for my "true to character" Mall Crawler build on Pirate. If you haven't seen it.... it's worth the read.
Ultimate Mall Crawler

Right now the jeep is driving better than it ever has. My wife and I argue nearly every morning on who takes it to work . My son begs to ride in it every day to the gym, so really I am just enjoying the hell out of it. It's tight in the corners so I get to sling it around like a Lotus Elise, so there is no getting bored. I do however have the monster itch to nerf every Honda Accord and Toyota 4Runner, so maybe I need to sign up for another event.

The mod list is still on going, but they are more big boy mods and take a while longer to save for. Hopefully I can have some good updates soon- right now I am waiting on a quote to get started on solving what knocked me out of the EMC

In the mean time.... I gave my son's Crawler the REDLYNER treatment:

Body off-

Stickers off and sanded down-

Primed white -

2 layers of primer, 2 layers of Stone White REDLYNER Racing white, 3 layers of clear coat-

Sticker charged and back together! I stole some of my wakeboard stickers for the RC-

Unread 06-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #3997
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

ahaha awesome job again with the RC car.. if you have a mall crawler, does your son have a playground crawler?

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #3998
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Seems to me you got served on Pirate lol. You are loosing your touch there buddy

Your screws are rusting.......you just lost some bling factor points brah, they should be white or chrome for optimal flatbiller status, stainless if for posers...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #3999
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Seems to me you got served on Pirate lol. You are loosing your touch there buddy

Your screws are rusting.......you just lost some bling factor points brah, they should be white or chrome for optimal flatbiller status, stainless if for posers...

Art- can't wait to get the chromelyner back out to Cali, I just have to figure out how to delay Mike's monster build so he would have to ride with me.
Unread 06-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #4000
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
Art- can't wait to get the chromelyner back out to Cali, I just have to figure out how to delay Mike's monster build so he would have to ride with me.
Haha, you know I'm ready to go whenever. I've still got a ways to go on my own build before it's crawling the desert strip malls out in Cali
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #4001
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 06-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #4002
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

No updates and all we get is a teaser!? Come on Jay
Unread 06-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #4003
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Toyota Really?

So your swapping out the MTRs for nittos wrapped around some XDs,kings for Fox, and some Toyota axles.

Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #4004
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm thinking he bought a tow rig since he ordered a 24' trailer.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #4005
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid
I'm thinking he bought a tow rig since he ordered a 24' trailer.
I could see all that on a new Tundra crew max. Love the Tundras the more I drive them.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.