Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #16
ajxj9197
2009 WK 

your jeep is one of my fav. wranglers on the site and i always wondered why..i think its the great coordination of color and functionality but by far( after seeing the build thread) the way you painted the roll cage both black and white just looks fantastic!

ajxj9197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #17
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Your jeep has long been one of my favorites around. I actually started looking around yesterday on JF and Pirate after my brother told me your in the process of a 5" stretch. Looks great, looking forward to see it all finished up!
Unread 06-07-2010, 02:29 PM   #18
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGriffith View Post
Your jeep has long been one of my favorites around. I actually started looking around yesterday on JF and Pirate after my brother told me your in the process of a 5" stretch. Looks great, looking forward to see it all finished up!
I have a couple more mods to post to get to that one, but yes, the wheel base is now 100" and it is drivable. Still have more dialing in to do.... but we are getting ahead of ourselves! I still have to post the laundry list of pics to go up before that!
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 02:37 PM   #19
91YJRockCrawler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
yes, the wheel base is now 100" and it is drivable. Still have more dialing in to do....
pics now!!

please

Quote:
its mind over matter.. I donít mind and the sheet metal donít matter
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnBlake View Post
It's JF's very own little slice of Pirate :rofl:
91YJRockCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #20
GotLime
2008 JK Wrangler 

Lookin good Jay.

PS. A few of us are getting together tomorrow night at Vinnie's in Mooresville. You and the wife should join us. 7pm.
GotLime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 08:54 PM   #21
J-Mox
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Lookin' good!
2004 Wrangler X, 6-cylinder, 5-speed, Dana 30 w/ARB, Alloy USA front shafts, Dana 35, 2" BB, 1" BL, OME shocks, Brown Dog MML, UCF Ultra High-Clearance Skid, Lo-Pro Mount, SYE, Pro Comp Adj. Control Arms, Savvy Gas Tank skid, JKS Quick Disconnects, Rock Hard Sliders, 31" BF Goodrich KM2's on Ravine wheels, Hard Top, Bestop Soft-top, Bestop Safari Top

2010 Moab Trip Thread with JeepForum Members
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f95/i...010-a-1038859/

Dont hate on the guy that keeps his Jeep clean....
Hate on the guy that doesn't get his Jeep dirty....
J-Mox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #22
Unii
1995 YJ Wrangler 

MOARRR
Unii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #23
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

It basically came down to a race to complete phase 3. Easter Jeep Safari was approaching and for what ever reason, my wife approved towing my jeep with her H3 4,400 miles round trip to Moab and back.

The completion of phase 3 consisted of:

Bikini top/Duster/Windjammer

Gen-Right rear tire carrier

Teraflex Belly Up
-Includes MML
-No body lift
-Rear upper adjustable control arms
-TC shifter bracket

Vanco Big Brake Kit

The Gen-Right rear tire carrier is something I wanted for years and finally just decided to drop the cash on it. You don't see them very often is another big reason I liked it.

Unbolting the rear, dropping the gas tank:

New cross member brace/bumper bolted up and primed:

New stinger bolted up for measurements:

All primed, painted and installed:

Picked up the Bikini Top etc and was back on the rocks:

The wife joined me this time around in the Hummer. A little break-in trip before EJS.

Her's is lifted 2" in the front, has 35" M/Ts, locked in the rear, limited slip up front, rock sliders, custom winch bumper, 9500lb winch, and custom skids underneath-

Unread 06-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #24
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Now it was time to get a little more clearance under the tub = Teraflex Belly Up.

Scored another smoking deal on the skid and upper arms which just left picking up the mml and tc shifter bracket (pictured below):

Dropped the stock skid:

Laid flat for comparison:

Went ahead and put the mml in. Driver's side was a pain, but it is in:

Since I'm not running a body lift, I needed to dimple the tup for a little extra clearance. Below are pics of the tub dimple "tool":

Time to remove the upper control arms:

In goes the RE adjustables:

Squeezed in the new shifter relocator. I had some help on this one.... with no body lift, months later I am still having issues with it. Not major ones, but still:

Bolted the skid back up and headed out:

Unread 06-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #25
PurpleTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

YES! im so glad you finally did a built thread. your rig is definitely one of my favorites and has been ever since i first saw it. great work
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

My Purple People Eater Build
PurpleTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #26
woodkrawler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

REDLYNER,

Welcome to the JF build section. I really look forward to seeing more pics and progress on your rig. I've always admired your rig and attention to detail since you first starting posting on NC4x4. I also enjoyed following you along the Moab trip a few weeks ago.

We aren't far from each other and should get together for a trail run sometime.....if I ever get my MJ finished . Do you wheel with a local club?

Again, nice Jeep and I'm looking forward to this build
woodkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #27
T4STE
1996 XJ Cherokee 

amazing one of my favs definitely. great job

my build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/9...thread-634491/
T4STE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #28
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

^ Thanks guys!

Woodcrawler- we should definitely hit some trails up. Have you been to Mountain City yet? I have not, but want to pretty bad. I have been told you need to go with someone who is familiar with it because of how easy it is to get lost.

On to finishing phase 3! Knowing that we would be doing Metal Masher (Widowmaker) and Behind the Rocks (White Knuckle Hill) at EJS, I had to have some better brakes. A phone call to Vanco solved that issue!

Brake kit arrived a short while later and the disassemble began. Some of the pictures may be out of order...

Stock setup:

Hub off:

Comparinson shot of the newness next to the oldness:

Stripped and ready for install:

New parts going back on:

Next came grinding down the hubs for the new rotors to fit:

Like a glove!:

Caliper brackets going on:

Next was sliding in the shims:

Unread 06-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #29
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Getting the brake lines screwed back on:

All bolted up and ready to bleed:

You'll notice in the pics I no longer have the RE fixed lower arms.... in an effort to get the suspension just right for Moab, I went with Rokmen fully adjustables front and rear:

Unread 06-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #30
woodkrawler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
^ Thanks guys!

Woodcrawler- we should definitely hit some trails up. Have you been to Mountain City yet? I have not, but want to pretty bad. I have been told you need to go with someone who is familiar with it because of how easy it is to get lost.
Mtn City is definately a must do. It's a fun place that's not to far of a drive from Charlotte. Yes, I would recommend going with someone who's been there before because the trail map they provide is crap I've been there numerous times and would be glad to lead a ride. Send me a PM with your email address and we can connect.
woodkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.