Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 167 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #2491
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats Jay! A few of the Rockfrogs were talking about going. I will cross post over there and to see if anybody can help out.

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #2492
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshr1987 View Post
Does the cleanest rig get a trophy?
One can only hope .

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ROCK View Post
Congrats Jay! A few of the Rockfrogs were talking about going. I will cross post over there and to see if anybody can help out.
Eric! That would be awesome, I owe half those guys some drinks already for the free labor I got while I was in Colorado . I miss that group, still one of the best Moab trips I ever had was with the Rock Frogs.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #2493
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jay, you forgot about the Auto Detailer position. They have to be able to follow you also.

Good luck!!!
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #2494
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Jay I thought we agreed that you would rename yourself ChromeLyner

Unread 10-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #2495
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wow! Holy-crap-cool wow!

This is going to be fun to watch.
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #2496
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
Jay I thought we agreed that you would rename yourself ChromeLyner

Ryan! Remember this? I think you filmed it... or maybe that is you running to come save me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRazorbac View Post
Wow! Holy-crap-cool wow!

This is going to be fun to watch.
I will do everything I can to make it as public as possible so you guys see the ups and downs over the next 4 months. Hopefully we get some forum members on board too so they can post up as well.
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #2497
babyhulk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

If u need any help hit me up your like 20 minutes away. I'm great at working on mall crawlers
babyhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #2498
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyhulk View Post
If u need any help hit me up your like 20 minutes away. I'm great at working on mall crawlers
Are you coming to URE for the offroad events next weekend? We are competing in the ECORS sponsored 4x4 games for some fun for the family.
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:10 PM   #2499
babyhulk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

No I already have plans to go to the mountains. I guess I need to get nc4x4 and look at all the upcoming ecors.
babyhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #2500
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

me too, id be crew chief

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #2501
mcannon111
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
We are competing in the ECORS sponsored 4x4 games for some fun for the family.
so what are all of the games going on at the jam?

live in sc? join [COLOR="Blue"]OffroadSC.com[/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/silver-bullet-1249782/"][COLOR="Silver"]The Silver Bullet[/COLOR][/URL]
mcannon111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #2502
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

This is during the URE Jam, but I'm not sure if it is part of the URE Jam, this may be at the Stables across the highway.
ECORS games:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECORS View Post

Balance Beam: Drive up to balance in the fastest time!

Roll to the line: You have a starting line, cut off line and a finish line. Start and once you reach the 'cut off line' one must put the vehicle in neutral, no brakes and no throttle- only steering. A Judge will be navigating (passenger seat) to verify. One will try and come to a stop, using steering to scrub off speed, as close to the finish line as possible with the front right (passenger) hub. A measurement is taken. Closest to the finish line wins!

Ball and Post: You have a start and finish line (same line) and one ball and two posts (75 feet apart) and a turn around area or box. One starts and drives to the first post to take the ball off the top off the post from the drivers side. The driver then hands the ball to the passenger who puts the ball on the next post (passenger side obviously). Driver then drives to end (box), does a 'J' turn, drives back to post and passenger gets ball off of post (passenger side obviously) hands the ball to the driver who then puts the ball on the last post (driver side obviously) and then drives to finish line (box) where the the time is stopped. The ball needs to remain balanced for at least 2 seconds on top of the post (If it is windy). Confused -? I hope not - That game is fast paced and fun!! Fastest time wins!

Blind Dog Run: I think the most fun of all the games! A course is setup using posts and tape, flagging or pennant flags on a string. The driver is blind folded, the navigator tells the driver what to do! This will take place over obstacles and sharp turns! Time is added to the clock if your vehicle touches the tape and even more time if posts are hit or knocked down. Fastest time wins!

Nudge the Jug: Serious driver and navigator skill is needed for this one! The object is to knock the ball off the jug without spilling any water! Similar or same- start/finish line and 'J' turn as in the 'Ball and Post' game. This game uses plastic gallon milk jugs, water and a tennis ball. You better have some extra of these items! From the starting line one drives to a jug filled with water, on the ground, with a tennis ball on top of the jug (cap removed). Driver first stops at the jug, on the passenger side, with the jug at the front right (passenger) tire. The driver attempts to knock the ball off. The navigator needs to help the driver approach the jug! Then the driver goes to the end/box, does a 'J' turn and returns to the jug on the drivers front tire and attempts to knock the ball off. Then drives to finish line/ box. Time is added if water is spilled and even more time added if the jug is crushed or damaged. !! Fastest time wins!

Slalom Run: Timed event! This game has a separate starting line and finish line. One will start and weave between the traffic cones spaced evenly (maybe) on semi-rough terrain, to a finish line at the end. Fastest time wins!
Unread 10-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #2503
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Some of the other 4500 class trucks and buggies (we'll just see how my little bolt on DD does against these guys )

There are a bunch posted on Pirate, I'll cross post them over here from time to time to give those who don't surf over there some references to the comp.

PS- I forgot to mention, for those who be on my Pit crew, I'll be paying for your insurance and I hope you drink Gentleman Jack, because it will be flowing .
Unread 10-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #2504
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
Well...... It's official.

REDLYNER Racing will be competing in the 2013 King of the Hammers EMC race as an Ultra4 4500 series Mod class racer. We are wearing #4550 and will be representing mall crawlers everywhere!

Team REDLYNER is all in, our plan is race fast and push for the best showing possible. This jeep is a daily driving, mall crawling, movie theater cruising, grocery getting, show-n-shine diva fighting against some serious buggies with some excellent drivers. So it will take flawless prep, perfect tuning, and a mistake free race if we are to keep up with the 4500 guys. First thing's first, the check and registration are in the mail.

Volunteers Needed!

Want to be a part of Team REDLYNER & REDLYNER Racing? WE CAN USE THE HELP! I need a nasty, dirty (but let's be honest, I'm not a huge fan of dirt ), hard charging group to help me make this a success. Positions and skills needed in North Carolina and California:

Back up Co-Driver- current co-driver on the fence about making the trip.

Pit Crew for tuning days and Main Pit Support Team- anyone who can help turn a wrench in the 2 to 3 days leading up to race. Final prep and fixing whatever breaks during test and tune sessions.

Remote Pit Crew- Must have a 4x4 to get to the remote pit stop. Responsible for re-fuel and any tire changes. Would help if you had a portable welder.

Logo Designer- PM me for details.

Helicopter pilot- Must provide own helicopter. In exchange for your aerial photography you will be given a full 1 year membership to NC4x4 and Jeepforum.

I'll have REDLYNER Racing Swag for my team, I'll be giving away some Jeepforum memberships, and should have some other cool prizes along the way. This should be a lot of fun and an opportunity for the forum to participate in the biggest race of the year!

If we are going to compete with the LS3, tubed out buggies, it's time to get serious. First mods up are K&N air filter and red brake caliper paint :

Here we go!

Let me know when you are going to do your pre running and what not.
Most likely will take the week of again during KOH to do some oggling, cheering and quality wheeling.
Will gladly help you pit during your race
Unread 10-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #2505
Ripper3494
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i want your jeep so bad lol
1997 ZJ limited - BONE stock
2003 tj - 4in skyjacker, 33" mickey thompsons
my on board alternator/welder write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/alternator-welder-write-up-1301614/[/url]
my tj 1/2 doors on a yj write up
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/tj-uppers-yj-half-doors-hard-top-installation-1417686/[/url]
RC vs BDS
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/rough-country-vs-bds-1461555/[/url]
Ripper3494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.