Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 08-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #226
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

All packed up for our camping trip in Harlan, KY.

I'm meeting my brother-in-law in exactly 6 hours and 10 minutes... time to get to bed! Looks like a 5 hour drive, but we are estimating 6 with the mountains and weather. I'll try to post some pics from my wife's laptop this weekend.

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #227
SOLIDJP44
2013 JK Wrangler 

what is the idea again behind the poly performance limiting straps again, is their a certain amount of lift before you need them, im a little confused about them?

2011 GMC ALL/Terrain Sierra z71-Current

SILVER JEEP CLUB MEMBER #55
SOLIDJP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 11:41 PM   #228
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLIDJP44 View Post
what is the idea again behind the poly performance limiting straps again, is their a certain amount of lift before you need them, im a little confused about them?
They limit droop so you aren't dropping springs or bottoming out shocks.

Red, you should have waited until the end of this month to go to Harlan. Then we could have wheeled together.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 11:44 PM   #229
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

They do the opposite of a bump stop. As opposed to stopping the axle from compressing too much, it stops the axle from drooping too much.
Unread 08-13-2010, 12:12 AM   #230
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGriffith View Post
They do the opposite of a bump stop. As opposed to stopping the axle from compressing too much, it stops the axle from drooping too much.
That's what I said. lol

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Unread 08-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #231
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Back from Harlan, KY!

Epic trip to say the least. We left Friday morning around 6:00am and arrived in Harlan at noon. Got everything unpacked, setup camp, then we were off to crawl over some rocks.

The weekend was centered around the ECORS KOH Qualifier, so wheeling was limited, but we still got a good amount in. In total I drove around 35 to 40 miles in 4 wheel drive .

The race ended too soon unfortunately. We busted a tranny coolant hose 5 miles into the first lap and couldn't fix it until the we towed it back to the pit area. Tons of fun though!

Anyway, on to the pics!

Trails we completed:

White Tail Crawl
Grapevine
Middle Rock Garden
Pinball
Lower Rock Garden (both up and down)

Campsite:

Krawling:

Race pictures to come shortly...
Unread 08-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #232
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

awesome pics man! We'll be down there next weekend and I can hardly wait!!

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 02:10 PM   #233
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Went to Harlan for the first time a month or so ago. Awesome park and tons of crazy wheeling. We got caught in a damn monsoon one day, it was crazy how much water was running down the mountain.
Unread 08-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #234
LGriffith
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
That's what I said. lol
we posted at like the same time
Unread 08-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #235
curt7088
2002 TJ Wrangler 

CAN'T WAIT TILL I CAN DO SOME WHEELIN' IN MY TJ!!!! i've had it for a week now and all i can think about is wheelin the damn thing... Harlan looks like it was quite the adventure!!! ur jeep is still bad arse!
curt7088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #236
mudman31890
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i want to have sex with your jeep
Unread 08-19-2010, 01:59 AM   #237
curt7088
2002 TJ Wrangler 

^^ lmfao
curt7088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2010, 07:51 AM   #238
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

So after every off-road event we always evaluate the TJ and decide how we could do it better next time around-

The biggest issue is still the rear springs falling out. I either need 1" shorter limit straps, or I need to move the holes up another insh on the frame. I had one fall out two times this past weekend. So still more adjusting to do.

Also have some creaking coming from the front end. So I will have to go over all of the bolts and bushings to make sure nothing rattled loose.

I think the next project will be a cage tie in kit. I'm worried about a bad roll and my current Poison Spyder cage folding over. I'll keep the thread up to date!

Unread 08-20-2010, 08:00 AM   #239
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Currie bumpstops will keep those coils from falling out. They are a pain to install and remove, but they work.

Unread 08-20-2010, 08:13 AM   #240
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Drilling holes = free
1" shorter straps = not free

free for the win!

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.