Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

CurrieSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #211
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
I was thinking about adding a rear anti-rock, but right now I'm not sure there is a need.
you should. both sway bars are necessary for the front and rear suspensions to properly work together off road. transferring load and what not. your jeep would perform better with a rear one.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #212
bsutton
1983 CJ7 

very nice jeep!!

one of my favorite TJ's !!!!
bsutton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2010, 04:58 AM   #213
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

How have I missed this build until now. Very nice Jay. The jeep looks completely different than it did in Moab. I will be hitting you up as soon as it cools off some so I can start my final phase of my build..

As far as wanting pics of the wife driving. I can verify she can drive.

Once again nice job Jay.
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #214
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarcher89 View Post

As far as wanting pics of the wife driving. I can verify she can drive.

Once again nice job Jay.

What's up Steve?! How is Tina? Still taking 1000 pictures a day?

We are trying to get back out to EJS 2011, what about you guys? Think you will have the coiloverss complete by then?
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #215
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hopefully I can have my build done by EJS. Would benice to see you and Mel again. Now if I can only find that winning lotto ticket....I know it's around here somewhere.......
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2010, 09:38 PM   #216
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUK9 View Post
Hopefully I can have my build done by EJS. Would benice to see you and Mel again. Now if I can only find that winning lotto ticket....I know it's around here somewhere.......
Nice Josh! What tires are you going with?

Based on EJS '10, Melody and I were already discussing the trail schedule. Start getting ready for:

Behind the Rocks
Moab Rim
Pritchet Canyon
Area BFE
One other yet to be determined....

By the way, we are heading to Harlan, KY at 6:00am Friday morning. Should be some nasty trails out there!! Also co-driving with my brother-in-law inthe ECORS offroad race.
Unread 08-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #217
Redarcher89
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What's up Steve?! How is Tina? Still taking 1000 pictures a day?

We are trying to get back out to EJS 2011, what about you guys? Think you will have the coiloverss complete by then?
She acually broke the camera and we should be getting it back next week. I think it was all the dust from Moab. It did not work right after we got back, and just got worse till it died. As far as the coilovers I am just wating for it to cool off a little and then start. I was kind of leaning toward stretching the front out about 5 inches, and the rear about 5", and trading my 35's for a set of 37's until I can replace my front axle and then go 39's. But that will take about 2 years I figure. Do you think that will be too much stretch for 37's for that long?

Tina said tell Mel and you hay, and that we are going to try and make it to EJS 2011 also. And tina wants me to lift the commander and put bigger tires on it so she can wheel with Mel next year.

Steve
Redarcher89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #218
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure what tires I'm going to go with yet. I've heard awesome things about the Pitbulls, I've been eyeing some Iroks, and I've got a hookup that works at Goodyear, so might go with some MTR's depending on costs. Still a while before I get to that point....too busy fighting the tube fenders right now.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #219
breckboarder55
Web Wheeler

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Love the build thread, but if you don't mind I have a couple of questions...

I saw that you are running alloy shafts but did not see if you upgraded to the 33 or 35 spline shafts? How have they held up?

Secondly, when you were running the Rokmen CAs with the 1" stretch...
  • Did you have any trouble with the trac-bar or any binding?
  • How was clearance with the gas tank?
  • Any issues with having the original spring perch (on the frame side) while pushing the rear axle back 1"?
  • Do you think it was worth the effort to stretch the axle 1"?

Appreciate any help
87 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II-Built.
87 Mazda RX-7 SE-Burn Victim
01 Honda S2000DD
breckboarder55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #220
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by breckboarder55 View Post
I saw that you are running alloy shafts but did not see if you upgraded to the 33 or 35 spline shafts? How have they held up?

30 spline chromoly. No problems at all. I'm not heavy on the throttle, which helps, but I have pushed it through some seriously crazy stuff and so far, so good.

Secondly, when you were running the Rokmen CAs with the 1" stretch...
  • Did you have any trouble with the trac-bar or any binding? Nope. I had about 1" rear and 1" front stretch (wheelbase was 95")
  • How was clearance with the gas tank? It rubbed a little. Not enough to limit articulation, but it rubbed just a little.
  • Any issues with having the original spring perch (on the frame side) while pushing the rear axle back 1"? Nope.
  • Do you think it was worth the effort to stretch the axle 1"? It was as easy as just setting up up the upper and lower CAs and pushing my gas tank skid back as far as possible.
Hope that helps!

By the way, I saw your sig-

My first car was an '88 RX7! I had that thing modded out and raced it like crazy. Loved that little car.

Unread 08-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #221
breckboarder55
Web Wheeler

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hope that helps!

By the way, I saw your sig-

My first car was an '88 RX7! I had that thing modded out and raced it like crazy. Loved that little car.
Nice!
I love my FC's. One of them is my original money pit, but it has some serious competition from the Jeep these days. What all did you have done to yours?

No problems with the steering or bump steer stretching the front? I wonder if the front Curries I ordered are long enough to stretch the front? IIRC Rokmens are slightly longer?

Your Jeep when it was on 35"s and short arms is where I would like to be by next summer, so thanks for the motivation.
87 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II-Built.
87 Mazda RX-7 SE-Burn Victim
01 Honda S2000DD
breckboarder55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2010, 08:00 AM   #222
jeepman464

i like your jeep a lot, how much articulation do you get? and where do you wheel now a days? still moab?
jeepman464 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #223
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Racer

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I believe I am getting full usefull articulation both up and down. Usefull meaning my wheels may be able to drop a little more, but there wouldn't be any weight on them.
Unread 08-12-2010, 08:18 PM   #224
xrideordiex27
2003 TJ Wrangler 

wow this looks real nice. lot of work thats for sure. nice job.
xrideordiex27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2010, 09:16 PM   #225
curt7088
2002 TJ Wrangler 

man... i had a kj until Monday of this week, i traded for a TJ in part b/c of this thread, and the rest was b/c i found that i had possibly blown the front diff... so i traded for an 02 tj... but the more i read about urs the more i love it... that is one MEAN JEEP!!! I am hoping to have mine fully armored around december, then I will lift/ swap axles...
curt7088 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.