Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 08-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #196
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey if you ever go to gulches post up here or PM me. I would kill to ride with you on some of the harder trails. You gonna try 3D this time?? Im only 25 min from gulches.

MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #197
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by banone403 View Post
when are you plannin on going to gulches?
Hoping for the end of this month (August), or possibly the beginning of September. I have a couple of off-road trips to squeeze in before I head back out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gribbles View Post
nice man! When you planning on getting out to Harlan? The Indy crew will be down the last weekend of august
My brother-in-law is driving in the ECORS KOH qualifier off-road race in Harlan on August 14th and I am going to co-drive/navigate for him. We are staying for a couple of days, so I am going to bring the TJ out for some rock crawling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Hey if you ever go to gulches post up here or PM me. I would kill to ride with you on some of the harder trails. You gonna try 3D this time?? Im only 25 min from gulches.
Sweet man! It's looking like end of August or beginning of September. I'll have to look at 3D again. Last time out we did TNT Rock Garden, Radical Ravine, Death Valley, Heartbreaker, #3, #56, and Wishbone.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 10:51 AM   #198
gribbles
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post

My brother-in-law is driving in the ECORS KOH qualifier off-road race in Harlan on August 14th and I am going to co-drive/navigate for him. We are staying for a couple of days, so I am going to bring the TJ out for some rock crawling.
very nice. I'll be attending the qualifer at the Badlands, but unfortunately wont be co driving - thats pretty kickass

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #199
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got my limit straps installed! I don't like the idea of "limiting" anything, but it is necessary to keep my springs from falling out. Plus, this should help with unloading while going down steep declines (ie- White Knuckle Hill, Widow Maker, etc).

Parts- Poly Performance 21" straps and 1/2" bolts. Pretty much it.

Before shot- going to go from the lower shock mount to the stock pre-drilled hole in the frame.

1/2" bolt through and hand tightened.

Lower shock mount- used a few extra washers to get some space between the strap and the shock.

All bolted up. All of 7 minutes of work

Driver's side bolted up.

Done and done.

I am going out this weekend to Schabe's Offroad (Rock Hollar trail) to test it out. Should get some excellent flex opportunities, will post pics!
Unread 08-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #200
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

How does the exhaust sound? I guess you are going with a Fuel cell? Jeep Looks killer man. How do you like the Racelines. I love them.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #201
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
How does the exhaust sound? I guess you are going with a Fuel cell? Jeep Looks killer man. How do you like the Racelines. I love them.
If you look closely at my last picture, you can see I am running two mufflers. The first one is tucked up by the transfer case, but it droned too much for my taste. It actually wasn't any more quiet than running no exhaust at all. So I had a second one added where my gas tank used to be. Sounds much better now!

I bought a fuel cell, but decided to sell it and just move the stock tank into the cab. I'll eventually replace it with a behind the rear seat cell when I have kids.

I absolutely love the Racelines, could be one of my favorite mods actually. Running at 5 psi vs. 10 or 12 has made a huge difference in grip.

Unread 08-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #202
Capown
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Im not sure if I missed it but where is your fuel tank mounted can u post some pics?? I really really wanna to the stretch to my TJ but I dont wanna lose the back cargo space, for misc. stuff and mainly my dogs...
Capown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #203
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capown View Post
Im not sure if I missed it but where is your fuel tank mounted can u post some pics?? I really really wanna to the stretch to my TJ but I dont wanna lose the back cargo space, for misc. stuff and mainly my dogs...
You are going to need to buy either a Genright stretch tank for $900 or a Purejeep stretch tank for $700. Both mount underneath the tub and allow for a 5" stretch. I stretched mine 6+ inches, so I was going to need an Alien tank (smaller) to fit. I didn't want to lose any more gallons since I get such poor gas milage, plus I didn't want to spend another grand right now, so I relocated my stock tank into my tub.

I used limit straps to hold it down. When it comes time to put my rear seat in, I am going to put an RCI fuel cell that mounts behind the seat.

Here you can see the gas filler neck:

Unread 08-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #204
Capown
1997 TJ Wrangler 

sweet thanks man!!! Again I <3 ur jeep!!
Capown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #205
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I took it out today for a little rock crawling! I needed to see how my limit straps were setup- if there was any adjustments to be made, etc.

Schwabe has really changed his course up. Even on 37"s and a belly up I was scraping over everything. The good news is, no lost springs! We went full droop (limited by straps) and the jeep stayed level, but kept the spring in its perch.

Last time out (at The Flats), my spotter would have to walk behind me and keep re-seating the spring. Today = Success!!!

New rear brakes are on (front is the Vanco BBK), no squeeks! First time since owning the jeep that neither my suspension nor my brakes made any noises. It was like a ninja on beadlocks today.

Sorry for the crappy pics, they are from my cellphone.

Getting started:

Flexing out, testing the straps:

Full stuff on passenger rear:

Full droop on driver's rear. Spring retained!:

Kept on crawling...:

Flexed out again, still no issues:

Unread 08-07-2010, 07:01 PM   #206
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

What shocks are those? And I love the Ninja on beadlocks comment. That made me lol for real. I wish my Jeep would stop squeeking. It seems like every time I stop one, I find another that it was covering up.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #207
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Jay,

I think you need more pictures of the wife driving or better spotting!

The Jeep is really coming along!

Gerald

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 01:12 AM   #208
MrGipe
2002 TJ Wrangler 

What setting are you running on your anti-rock? I installed mine and have been running it on the second hole towards the bumper and want to change it up but I want to keep it driveable on the streets

[COLOR="navy"]Blue Jeep Member #345[/COLOR]
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/mrgipes-02-tj-build-1082641/[/url]
MrGipe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #209
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
What shocks are those?

I wish my Jeep would stop squeeking. It seems like every time I stop one, I find another that it was covering up.
They are BDS standard shocks. Nothing special, $37 each, but the ride is really comfortable. I want to upgrade to some high end shocks, just haven't decided which direction to go.

It took 4 years to eliminate all of my squeeks. New shocks, new control arms. No rear sway bar, no rear track bar, no front sway bar. I have eliminated as many joints as I can and have replaced all of my brake components. Pretty simple, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGipe View Post
What setting are you running on your anti-rock?
I have mine on the most aggressive setting- the farthest hole from the bumper. With the 4 link rear, I also do not have a rear sway bar. I drive the jeep daily as does my wife and the drive is fine, no noticable body roll. I was thinking about adding a rear anti-rock, but right now I'm not sure there is a need.
Unread 08-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #210
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGipe View Post
What setting are you running on your anti-rock? I installed mine and have been running it on the second hole towards the bumper and want to change it up but I want to keep it driveable on the streets
Currie recommends the second hole from the tip of the arm (away from the bumper.)

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.