Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #166
weems
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Have you thought about painting the gap from the corner armor and rocker sliders black so its not as noticeable?

Aussie Front Locker
4.56 Gears
Currie 44/Dana 30 chrome moly
weems is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #167
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

Jay, it's been years since I've seen your TJ and its come a very long way. It looks very good, and nothing like I remember! Keep up the good work! I'm very jealous by the way.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #168
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

What about getting the 22" straps and putting different mounting locations to set the strap length? That way you don't limit yourself too much with the 20" ones, and if the 22" ones are too long, you can just mount the upper part higher up to maximize the droop.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #169
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAAB3485 View Post
Jay, it's been years since I've seen your TJ and its come a very long way. It looks very good, and nothing like I remember!
It has changed a little since last time you and I wheeled together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUK9 View Post
What about getting the 22" straps and putting different mounting locations to set the strap length? That way you don't limit yourself too much with the 20" ones, and if the 22" ones are too long, you can just mount the upper part higher up to maximize the droop.
I was originally looking at Trent Fab straps, and they only come in even numbers, but after browsing the Polyperformance link posted up earlier, I may go with their 21"s. They are just a little pricey.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #170
mightydog78
2013 JK Wrangler 

last thursday did you so happen to be on interstate I-40 heading west?
i saw a jeep going the other way that looked EXACTLY like yours

Charlotte, NC / Southport, NC

Mechanical Engineer
mightydog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #171
supertaco

very nice tj!
supertaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 12:44 PM   #172
XgarrettJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I've read this thing start to finish and i love it!!
great job, this makes me want to get a wrangler!!
FOR SALE.. 4500obo

1995 Dodge 12v Cummins
2500, rclb, 5 speed
Daily driver, tow rig, work truck
XgarrettJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #173
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Red, I've got a link at home to limit straps. When I get home tonight I'll shoot you a pm.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #174
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Red, I've got a link at home to limit straps. When I get home tonight I'll shoot you a pm.
Thanks Bennet, I actually ordered some from Poly Performance. After screwing around with the suspension today though, I may end up just strapping the spring down.

Hopefully tomorrow the straps, spare tire, and flasher mod will all arrive. There is a 4x4 car show competition Saturday morning followed by an all day rock crawl, so I'm stressing trying to get it all done.
Unread 07-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #175
mightydog78
2013 JK Wrangler 

where is the competition?

Charlotte, NC / Southport, NC

Mechanical Engineer
mightydog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #176
jrubin24
2004 LJ Wrangler 

this has to be one of the sexiest white TJs i have ever seen!!
jrubin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 05:06 PM   #177
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightydog78 View Post
where is the competition?
"The Flats" off-road park.

How to get there:

Quote:
No physical address, but we are right beside the Hampton inn, their address is
3560 U.S. 221 South, Marion, North Carolina, 28752

Event schedule:

Quote:
Show and Shine starts at 8:30am
Show and Shine ends at 10:30am

Games/event competitions start at 9:00am

Dunking booth Starts at 12:00 Ends at 2:00
Table Crawl begins at 10:30 ends at 3:00 (this is not part of the over-all, play as many
Times as you want to.)

We will also have some Rock Crawlers that you can drive or ride in for a donation

We plan on some kids games and fun stuff to do.

Lunch will be prepared by Terry Moorefield AKA Your Hot Dog Guy, One of the best hot dogs you'll ever
have the pleasure to purchase.

Games events end at 3:00

Trail riding can start as soon as you have completed the show and shine portion.
You can do the events then go play or you can go play and come back to compete.
Events end at 3:00, if you are late, sorry. This gives us time to crunch all the numbers and determine the winners. What are the games/events? it’s a secret! I alone know the details. Anyone who registers to compete, can play. No clear advantage for stock or all out buggy.

Map of the park:

I swapped my rear springs from side to side, trying to see if that helps with the slight dip I have on my passenger rear. Then I used a rubbing compound on the new painted corners and sliders..... hmmmm, much smoother surface, but now I'm seeing some swirl marks. Hopefully they will wash out. I know it will get scratched to hell, but can't a guy have a jeep with no swirl marks?

While I had the springs off I went ahead and notched out my spring perches to keep them from digging into my shocks. Slapped some Krylon anti-rust on the cuts and I was all set!

Unread 07-22-2010, 10:06 PM   #178
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
Thanks Bennet, I actually ordered some from Poly Performance. After screwing around with the suspension today though, I may end up just strapping the spring down.

Hopefully tomorrow the straps, spare tire, and flasher mod will all arrive. There is a 4x4 car show competition Saturday morning followed by an all day rock crawl, so I'm stressing trying to get it all done.
I didn't see you'd already bought the straps. There's a dude on Pirate that makes some pretty sweet straps. I still have to put some on my own. I can't find the damned thread though. I just spent an hour looking. I'm done for tonight, find them yourself lol

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #179
REDLYNER
Mall Crawling Race Rig

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got a couple of parts in on Friday- Drop hitch for the Hummer to help with the towing angle, new Pitbull so I finally have a spare, Poly Performance limit straps, locking lugnuts for the Racelines and a fast flash relay for my LEDs.

I was leaving at 7:00am Saturday morning for the off-road event, so I didn't have much time to get it all installed. I started with the fast flash mod, got it installed (including pics), then it turns out it is for a 2001 and up jeep.... Mine is a 2000. So that didn't work.

Now I'm sweating like crazy because it's like 100 degrees and I still have to mount the beadlock. So after pounding 40 ounces of waters, I got started on the 32 bolts.

Starter bolts in place:

All the bolts torqued down to about 15 ft/lbs. Sweat literally running off of my nose, I wrapped a tow strap around the tire to seal it. Then hooked up the CO2 to get the back end to seal on the wheel (youtube trick):

Then rolled it over to the rear stinger and lifted the 120lb wheel/tire combo onto it's new resting place:

Finally have a spare back on! The weight of the rear tire helps to balance out the rear so there is not much of a rake now.

And speaking of weight, I weighed the TJ on a truck scale this weekend. Without doors and no spare, I was around 3990lbs (no driver, half a tank of gas). With the spare I'm right around 4100lbs. Not too bad considering I have 600lbs of wheels and tires and all of the armor on here.

Now it is off to the 4x4 event!! Pics to come...
Unread 07-26-2010, 07:27 AM   #180
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Heck yea do it do it. When your offcamber does ur butt pucker with that big heavy spare on there?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.