Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily... - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project REDLYNER: Rock Crawler Driven Daily...

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Reply
Unread 07-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #136
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,406
You replaced the relay at the steering column with the correct new relay? If so, you shouldn't be having any issues unless the lights themselves are wired incorrectly or you have a bad ground. LED's need really good, solid grounds. Too loose and you'll have issues.

__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #137
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler
 
REDLYNER's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mountain Island, NC
Posts: 4,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
You replaced the relay at the steering column with the correct new relay? If so, you shouldn't be having any issues unless the lights themselves are wired incorrectly or you have a bad ground. LED's need really good, solid grounds. Too loose and you'll have issues.
It could be my ground. The tail lights work fine, the brake lights work fine, it's just the blinkers that are screwing up.






So here it is stretched to 100"s, 37" Pitbull Radial Rockers, and the new TNT Hi-line Zyros bolted up:




I still need:
  • New spare Pitbull Rocker
  • Custom antenna mount
  • Trim spring perches (rubbing shocks)
  • Rear spring clamps (spring is falling off of perch on articulation)
  • Figure out blinker issue

That should wrap up this mini project. Then we'll start adding to the cage, dual batteries, seats, etc.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #138
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,711
Love the way your rig turned out. I was hoping i could cut my corners like that. But looks like I will be comp cutting.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2010, 12:35 PM   #139
gribbles
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,673
looks amazing man - you plan on doing anything with the front suspension? or just gonna keep the short arms?
__________________
IndyORV

My Jeep

2000 TJ, 100" wb on leaves
2007 WK CRD
gribbles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #140
apfroggy0408
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 1,343
Awesome looking jeep!
apfroggy0408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 12:09 AM   #141
jeepdog5
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Posts: 566
looks really good red!
jeepdog5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #142
Savvy
Vendor
 
Savvy's Avatar
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tustin, CA - Orange County
Posts: 6,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLYNER View Post
It could be my ground. The tail lights work fine, the brake lights work fine, it's just the blinkers that are screwing up.






So here it is stretched to 100"s, 37" Pitbull Radial Rockers, and the new TNT Hi-line Zyros bolted up:





I still need:
  • New spare Pitbull Rocker
  • Custom antenna mount
  • Trim spring perches (rubbing shocks)
  • Rear spring clamps (spring is falling off of perch on articulation)
  • Figure out blinker issue
That should wrap up this mini project. Then we'll start adding to the cage, dual batteries, seats, etc.

Jay,

I have the flasher module you need.

Trim the spring perch.

Just get some limit straps to solve your springs from falling out. They will save your shocks.

Gerald
__________________
SAVVY OFF ROAD - Overall Winner of the King of the Hammers EMC three years in a row!

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule


2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 07:57 AM   #143
TYphoonXJ
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Douglassville/Altoona, Pa
Posts: 1,526
Man that looks SO good! Do you plan on filling in that gap between the rocker and the rear quarter armor with something black? (silicon or paint).
__________________
96 XJ. RC 4.5" Long Arm with 31" Firestone Destination MT's.
TYphoonXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #144
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler
 
REDLYNER's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mountain Island, NC
Posts: 4,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Jay,

I have the flasher module you need.

Trim the spring perch.

Just get some limit straps to solve your springs from falling out. They will save your shocks.

Gerald
Thanks Gerald! I'll PM you credit card info for the module, can I get limit straps from you as well?



Quote:
Originally Posted by TYphoonXJ View Post
Man that looks SO good! Do you plan on filling in that gap between the rocker and the rear quarter armor with something black? (silicon or paint).
Thanks man! Yes, I will probably just paint the gap, I just haven't gotten to that yet. My goal was to get it drivable by today because I think we are headed out to some rocks this afternoon.
REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #145
UTChavok
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 1,735
Nice looking TJ. Uwharrie isnt the best place to test out your rig from my experiences. You should tag along with us to Harlan KY in 3 weeks
UTChavok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #146
GIJohnnyB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ft. Campbell, KY
Posts: 17
You are my inspiration for purchasing a Jeep when I return to the states. I read every post in this thread with more excitement than a teenager who found out how to DL free pornography. I feel like I witnessed the birth of a child and then watched that child mature into a respectable man. Your jeep is much to envy and I will use this thread as a guide to building my jeep, of course, I will respect your personal style and not copy your aesthetics.

Anyway, Bravo.
GIJohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #147
Zacb262
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seminole, FL
Posts: 233
I'm currently looking for a rear tire carrier and was wondering How happy you are with yours? I like the look of them. How much of a PITA is it to open and close it? And do you think it will work with psc corners? Thanks.
Zacb262 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #148
REDLYNER
Web Wheeler
 
REDLYNER's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mountain Island, NC
Posts: 4,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJohnnyB View Post
You are my inspiration for purchasing a Jeep when I return to the states. I read every post in this thread with more excitement than a teenager who found out how to DL free pornography. I feel like I witnessed the birth of a child and then watched that child mature into a respectable man. Your jeep is much to envy and I will use this thread as a guide to building my jeep, of course, I will respect your personal style and not copy your aesthetics.

Anyway, Bravo.
Hell of a compliment man, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacb262 View Post
I'm currently looking for a rear tire carrier and was wondering How happy you are with yours? I like the look of them. How much of a PITA is it to open and close it? And do you think it will work with psc corners? Thanks.
I love the look and the function of the Gen-Right rear stinger, but with a 37" tire, it is really heavy. Also, it completely blocks your rear view. So if you can deal with that, then I don't think there is a better option. However, losing your rearview is a pretty big deal, so you have to be willing to make that sacrifice.

Still lots to do, but again, it is drivable. Here are a couple more shots-





Once I get the rear spare on (wheel + tire will equal roughly 120lbs), it will drop the back down so there isn't a rake.

REDLYNER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #149
woodkrawler
Member
 
woodkrawler's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 432
Jay, that thing looks SEXY! I look forward to seeing it on the trails around NC

How do you like the Racelines? Any balancing problems with them at hwy speeds?
__________________
Jeepless...
'06 Tundra DC TRD 4wd
'03 VW Jetta TDI - Commuter
woodkrawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #150
1992 renagade
Senior Member
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chadds Ford Pa
Posts: 586
Wow truely a great build!
__________________
Neill

1992 black Renegade
4.0L 5spd. 4:10 gears 33x12.50 BFG KM 2's A to Z fabrication front and rear bumpers and cage
1994 YJ Sahara Project Bean
2000 Jeep Cherokee Stock
AtoZ Fabrications www.atozfabrication.com
Blue Mountain Jeep Alliance www.bmja.org
Delaware jeep Association www.delawareja.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Screw the HOA. More guys just need to start doing man things in the garage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
Jeeps are like mistresses, they take all your money, but boy what a ride!
1992 renagade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
aluminum , coilovers , custom , ecors , fuel cell , immaculate wheeling queen , koh , level 5 hair gel , offroad racing , racing , sinister fab , smittybuilt emc , sniper fab , tnt , toothbrush detailing , ultra4

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.