Project Rags to Riches - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-30-2016, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Project Rags to Riches

Finally part of the TJ crew..... maybe. Picked up this 1998 Wrangler Friday. It was in a minor front end collision with another car but do to insurance issues the other party was paid off and the Jeep was scooped up and dropped off at the owners house where is sat for almost a year. Therefore the title is clean. The frame is also straight, the car must have went up under the Jeep because the passenger lower was ripped off the axle and all other suspension links were bent. There are a few other issues that need to be addressed but from the looks of it nothing too serious. Not really sure what my plans are for it at the moment but for right now I plan to just get it fixed as it is to start and go from there.

Specs:
- AX-15
- NP231 (Destroyed)
- 2"isn Lift
- 33x10.5 KM2
- Dana 44/30
- 4.56s
- Front ARB
- Viair OBA
- Rocker Gaurds
As well as a few other odds and ends

How far I got this weekend...

'01 XJ, 60s, 106" WB & 40" Stickies
COTM July 2012, COTM November 2014
2014 Cherokee Of The YEAR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-30-2016, 06:56 PM
ak_wj

Garage
Looks like you're jumping right into it. Can't wait to see what happens
post #3 of 6 Old 10-30-2016, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak_wj View Post
Looks like you're jumping right into it. Can't wait to see what happens

Yeah trying to get it fixed semi quick so that if I decide to sell it I can get it up quick. But still not totally sure if I'll sell it or not really just depends on a lot of things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-22-2016, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Okay so I know it's been a few weeks with no updates.. Been super busy with either this Jeep, school or work so finally have some down time so time to catch everyone up. Got most of the Jeep fixed and it driving around the neighborhood. First thing I took care of was the drive train. Both motor mounts were destroyed along with the trans mount and tcase. Got a new case (4cyl) and swapped the inputs, new motor mounts and trans mount and got it all placed back where it's suppose to be. Noticed the header was cracked as well so got that fixed. After that it was the body. Having a body lift in the wreck the body shifted forward. When I bought the Jeep I figured the bolts were just bent or broke. I was wrong, the nuts in the tub were what was bent. Cut some holes, drilled out the weldnuts and put in new nuts and bolts. So that was taken care of. Picked up some tube fenders to replace the wrinkled fenders and got them on. The 30 turned out to be still straight surprisingly so ordered some new lowers and some RE adjustable control arms from a buddy and got the axle back in. Also sold off a few other things that weren't to my liking like the rear bumper, rocker guards and 33s. Bought some 35s from a friend going to 37s and picking up some new rock sliders and a rear bumper tomorrow to finish off some of it.. once I get some front shocks and the interior back together she should be ready to roll!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #5 of 6 Old 11-24-2016, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Picked up my rear bumper and rocker guards yesterday. Not sure how how I feel about the rear bumper and the body lift. So that might end up taking that out but not real sure at the moment.

post #6 of 6 Old 11-28-2016, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Got the new rock sliders on and the rear bumper on this past weekend. Still need a few more bolts in both to complete. Should be picking up some front shocks this weekend. I'm wanting to get some rear corner armor to clean up the rear but not sure if that is going to happen yet or not. Also getting all the wiring and odds and ends tied up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.