Project "Pissed Wife" - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project "Pissed Wife"

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #61
yjweeler
1993 YJ Wrangler 

hey for under a grand you really cant beat it

Unread 04-14-2009, 06:17 PM   #62
dbarnhart4
1970 CJ5 

very nice project!!
dbarnhart4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 07:29 AM   #63
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

4/22 Update

It has been a little while since I have updated this thread. I keep forgetting to get new batteries for the camera. I corrected that this morning and took a few picks of what i have been able to finish.

The major funding source for this build is the sale of the old red jeep and a some left over PTO from my previous employer. My brother is buying the red jeep so that money will not come in until the project is almost complete. MY former employer keeps having administration problems with getting me a check. Most probably due to cutting their work force by 30%. I have explained to them that if I do not have a deposit in my bank account by the end of the month I will show up there, and i will not be leaving until i have a check in my hand.

But I still have plenty of work to do, it's just not all that glamorous. Mostly body work and getting mud caked bolts to let go with out breaking or stripping.

Here is how the green Jeep is sitting today.

The interior all cleaned out minus the Drivers seat. The roll bars are unbolted, just haven't pulled it out yet.

So the armor is all mocked up and will be pulled for paint shortly, the TJ grill has been mocked and pulledit is being preped for paint. Currently I am working out a few dents in the hood and the full doors from the red jeep.

Also mocked up Cj tailgate.

Here is how the red jeep was sitting this morning.

"New" front end.

I love my new hood straps.

Since I have decided to sell the red jeep to my brother at a very significant discount opposed to parting it out there will be considerable more work put into the red jeep to make it road worthy. I have given my brothe alist of things he must buy in order for me to hand over the keys. So effectively this has blossomed into to projects. GREAT.

Once the funds come in things will start to move quickly. I should have most if not all the body work done by the end of this weekend. Painting will be next. I have found a place to do the gears in the 44, I will be doing the gears in the front 30. Once that is done the suspension is next followed shortly by the Line-X.

I do need a little help on deciding what gears to get. This is my first vehicle with anything larger that 4cyl so I am lost on gearing.

4.56? or 4.88?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-pissed-wife-747535/
Phase II 5.3L/4L60e then NV3550
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...stall-1400506/
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 08:10 AM   #64
Bob_R
1991 YJ Wrangler 

So let me get this in order, first you buy a jeep without even talking to your wifeThen you park the new/used jeep inside the garage, putting her vehicle out so far your not doing really well. Now, you are buying parts (are you talking about this)? Wow, I've been married for 40 years, you got more.....than I do. I have everything I want dealing with the jeep, trike, MH, etc. but I made sure I had the blessings of the wife, very important part. What did she say about it breaking very soon after getting it, man, is she going to have something on you for sooooo many years Whenever she wants something, she is going to say something about that jeep you bought without talking to her

Good luck with your build, you did get a great deal considering what you have in mind for the project.

Oh, and make sure you have the papers in your name, you know, for legal proceedings

Keep us posted on the process.
Unread 04-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #65
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_R View Post
So let me get this in order, first you buy a jeep without even talking to your wifeThen you park the new/used jeep inside the garage, putting her vehicle out so far your not doing really well. Now, you are buying parts (are you talking about this)? Wow, I've been married for 40 years, you got more.....than I do. I have everything I want dealing with the jeep, trike, MH, etc. but I made sure I had the blessings of the wife, very important part. What did she say about it breaking very soon after getting it, man, is she going to have something on you for sooooo many years Whenever she wants something, she is going to say something about that jeep you bought without talking to her

Good luck with your build, you did get a great deal considering what you have in mind for the project.

Oh, and make sure you have the papers in your name, you know, for legal proceedings

Keep us posted on the process.
I told her the rear end was shot when I broke the news that i bought it. Honestly I don't even think I told her the rear end went out. I just backed it into the garage and started pulling it apart.

She was upset about the purchase for a few days until I found out she got me back by spending $1100 on a new TV. Flat LCD for the living room. I didn't care because that where me and the boys play Wii so I didn't care. I DID however act all but hurt and complained about not being consulted, she cashed in the Jeep card then so she can't say anything about it now.

I had the project in her garage space for 1 night, I moved it the next day. I do want to make one thing clear. The garage is MY territory, ruled by me, i am the King. She knows that she is only allowed to park in there due to my good graces. She never says a word when i am blocking her from using the garage, along as she has a path to and from the door. I am a neat freak so that is never a problem. With that said I make sure she has access to her parking spot in the garage at all times, don't want her and the kids getting out in the cold and rain.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=747535
Unread 04-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #66
jaywiz1977
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Did i hear someone say you are going spice on the interior? if so i would trade ya even up my spice stuff(dash and what not) for your black.
jaywiz1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 08:40 AM   #67
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywiz1977 View Post
Did i hear someone say you are going spice on the interior? if so i would trade ya even up my spice stuff(dash and what not) for your black.
Yes i am going with a tan interior. I will most likely use the Red jeep tan interior with a little paint to make it happen.

The dash in the Green Jeep is Grey, not black.

Just pull out your dash and paint it. I will being doing this over the next few weeks and documenting it here so stay tuned.

Unread 04-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #68
Bob_R
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why J? View Post
I told her the rear end was shot when I broke the news that i bought it. Honestly I don't even think I told her the rear end went out. I just backed it into the garage and started pulling it apart.

She was upset about the purchase for a few days until I found out she got me back by spending $1100 on a new TV. Flat LCD for the living room. I didn't care because that where me and the boys play Wii so I didn't care. I DID however act all but hurt and complained about not being consulted, she cashed in the Jeep card then so she can't say anything about it now.

I had the project in her garage space for 1 night, I moved it the next day. I do want to make one thing clear. The garage is MY territory, ruled by me, i am the King. She knows that she is only allowed to park in there due to my good graces. She never says a word when i am blocking her from using the garage, along as she has a path to and from the door. I am a neat freak so that is never a problem. With that said I make sure she has access to her parking spot in the garage at all times, don't want her and the kids getting out in the cold and rain.

Well anyway, congrats on the new project, sounds great. Do keep everyone posted on the set up.
Unread 04-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #69
ZeroGravity
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why J? View Post

Nice, man.
ZeroGravity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #70
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Got the CJ tailgate fully installed tonight. Ended up doing steal nutserts that I then tack welded into place. Much easier than tying to fish a backing plate and nuts in there. That leaves the grill and few dents before paint.

Made an appointment with my gear guy, I will be dropping off the axle tomorrow. As long as I buy the gears and what not from him he does the set up for FREE.

Also ordered my paint.

Unread 04-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #71
NVRDUN
1985 CJ7 

awesome deal bro! good luck with your project
NVRDUN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #72
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Did you keep the stock latching setup for the cj tailgate or how do you hold it shut ?
93jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2009, 08:15 AM   #73
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepyj View Post
Did you keep the stock latching setup for the cj tailgate or how do you hold it shut ?
I use the CJ tailgate latches to keep it shut, I will need to make some plastic pieces to mount on the tube so that the door stays shut.

Hope that makes sense.

I will try to get some pics tonight.

Unread 04-23-2009, 08:15 AM   #74
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepyj View Post
I use the CJ tailgate latches to keep it shut, I will need to make some plastic pieces to mount on the tub so that the door stays shut.

Hope that makes sense.

I will try to get some pics tonight.

Unread 04-23-2009, 08:24 AM   #75
jaywiz1977
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I planned on painting them but since both of us had them out(mines a frame off restore) thought i'd ask.That is sweet that she pulled out the jeep card so quick!Mine has never been able to park in MY garage(it's detached anyway)and has never given me greif about it.the cj tailgate is pretty trick and looks real good on there.Keep up the good work man!
jaywiz1977 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.