Project "Pissed Wife" - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project "Pissed Wife"

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #16
WranglerRush
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I can't believe you got a perfectly good Wrangler for $600. I can't even find a broken down one for less than $2000. That would have sold for 3000 here. Lucky...

Unread 04-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #17
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WranglerRush View Post
I can't believe you got a perfectly good Wrangler for $600. I can't even find a broken down one for less than $2000. That would have sold for 3000 here. Lucky...
This one books for $4000 and is probably worth it. The economy has killed the "toy" market here and with all the mud on this one I don't think someone would buy it for dependable transportation (even thought it is). Especially with how the rusted leaf springs sound.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-pissed-wife-747535/
Phase II 5.3L/4L60e then NV3550
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...stall-1400506/
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #18
TJlady
2007 JK Wrangler 

mine should be called "pissed husband build" we just bought a JK and I'm already trying to talk him into buying some stuff for it

btw....nice price on the Jeep!!!!
4.5" Rubicon Express Short Arm lift, JKS 1.25" BL/MML, D44's with 4.88's and ARB's, Longfiled axle shafts- front, Superior axle shafts -rear, 35" KM2's on Allied beadlocks, NV241, Rokmen gas tank skid, Gen Right rockers and corner panels, Warn Powerplant winch, Currie heavy duty steering w/Doetsch Tech stabilizer
'07 4-Door JK Rubicon - BONE STOCK (for now)
TJlady is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #19
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

that thing looks nice and for 600 bucks how could you say no. Its like looking back in time at my jeep, mine looked just like that 4 years ago
93jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:00 PM   #20
bryris
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Mine is just like that one, but it was in excellent condition, new soft top, 62,000 miles, with A/C, in Florida, and this was just over 3 years ago, paid $6,600.

If I were you, when I get into that Jeep, I'd sit down, make myself comfortable, reposition the rear view mirror so that you can see yourself and say, "Damn, I'm good!!". Because you stole that thing.
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #21
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryris View Post
Mine is just like that one, but it was in excellent condition, new soft top, 62,000 miles, with A/C, in Florida, and this was just over 3 years ago, paid $6,600.

If I were you, when I get into that Jeep, I'd sit down, make myself comfortable, reposition the rear view mirror so that you can see yourself and say, "Damn, I'm good!!". Because you stole that thing.
Trust me I did.

It's really in a lot better condition then the pics show. It was just filthy and the PO didn't want it in the driveway let alone actually clean it.

I hit it with some simple green and 4 hours of pressure washing on Saturday late afternoon. It is coming around, it still needs a few hours of soaking and pressure washing.

The ONLY option that this does not have is A/C and I really want it so that is on this list for possible upgrades. It depends on how much other stuff needs to be fixed.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=747535
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #22
mikebigh

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why J? View Post
I'm sure I will spend a few nights on the couck......

Uh.....if thats what you like man.......

Seriously though, I never understood you married guys. Why not just produce bastard children like me? That way I have help in my garage, but no lip from no broad. The new lady in my life, to quote Kmart.....cause I must be lucky, is smoking hot....smoking....hot, wants to learn to wrench and ride skate/snowboards.
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #23
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Also, they NEVER get over it. They may stop talking about it, but at some point in the future it will be brought up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggityjeeper View Post
forgiveness is easier then permissiom.........remember that
rikkards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #24
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebigh View Post
Uh.....if thats what you like man.......

Seriously though, I never understood you married guys. Why not just produce bastard children like me? That way I have help in my garage, but no lip from no broad. The new lady in my life, to quote Kmart.....cause I must be lucky, is smoking hot....smoking....hot, wants to learn to wrench and ride skate/snowboards.
This post is useless without pics!

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #25
yellow2kgt
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjeeper View Post
Great buy and she will get over it, (trust Me, I know). You should however, be prepared to hear about your unauthorized purchase for the next six months, you will be reminded for little or no reason. The good news is that it will still be the best $600 you spent for a long time!!!
6 months is nothing. My wife still complains about my Mustang that I bought 8 years ago. That is even after I had her permission to buy it. Now the Jeep on the other hand she never complains about. Even when I buy parts for it. I agree for $600 bucks I probably would of done the same thing as you. You can't go wrong with the new engine/tranny. You could easily get your money back and more.
Howell EFI, BDS 3.5" lift, M.O.R.E 5/8" Boomerang shackles, 1" Daystar BL, 1" JKS MML, TFI, Crager soft 8s w 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, Dana 30 E-Locker, Terra Flex SYE, Tom Woods CV shaft, Warn M8000.
yellow2kgt is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #26
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I think the only reason I dont get hammered on is because If the Jeep is not running that means I take back the Maxx SS she is driving that I am paying for.....as I need to have something to get to work, and since my Work, being a dealership pays may lease for me, I dont think they would be happy if I used the old 'my car broke down' excuse....

so if I need/WANT something, its more like ...'well dear if the jeep cant get me to work well then... I could drop you ....and I dont usually have to finish the rest as she HATES not having wheels.......lol

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #27
wendell
1987 YJ Wrangler 

"dude", you ripped the poor guy off. By the looks of the pitures it was worth every bit of 2 grand. 600.00$ should be one of the 7 deadly sins, have no shame?
wendell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #28
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell View Post
"dude", you ripped the poor guy off. By the looks of the pitures it was worth every bit of 2 grand. 600.00$ should be one of the 7 deadly sins, have no shame?

Nope no shame at all. In fact I felt really good about it. I felt so good about it, I would do it again if given the chance.

Unread 04-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #29
firefighter315
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why J? View Post
A year is that it? I dated my wife in collage when i bought my first Yj over 10years ago. She’s been pissed about one thing or another over the Jeep ever since.
I only get in trouble once a month (not what you are thinking)....when my better half goes through receipts balancing accts. and everything. I used to hear from the kitchen table, "Quadratec?" "4wd Hardware?" "Mesa 4x4?" "What's that?" Now it's just, "what did you buy for the Jeep now?"
Unread 04-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #30
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I was originally planning on driving the new Jeep back and forth to work this week in hopes that any mechanical problems would show up before I stated the tear down. Well those plans have changed a little due to this:

That is what is left of the gear oil in the rear diff. I was 2 minutes into a 15 drive home from work traveling approx 65 when I heard a LOUD bang followed by the jeep "jumping" in the air. That was followed by what sounded like some one poured ball bearings in the rear end. Fortunately I made it home before the rear end locked up here right as i was backing into its new home for the next few weeks.Told you the rear end was shot.

So here are a few pics of what i am putting together. Here is my current rig:

Another:

So I need to move over the Genright rear armor and tube fenders, the Warn sliders, Currie rear tire carrier, Tj soft top and roll bar, Warn Winch, 5" BDS lift, 35" BFG M/T's, offroad lights, Mastercraft front and rear seats, stereo system and full doors. I have a set of half doors that i will sell with the red jeep. I think thats everything, I'm sure I am forgetting lots.

D44 I got yesterday along with 35 spline Alloy shafts and carrier:

Last edited by Why J?; 04-07-2009 at 06:35 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.