post #256 of Old 08-22-2012, 08:00 PM
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why J? View Post
I have used both Yj fender and TJ fenders. The flat fenders are TJ because they would not bent like the stock YJ fenders do. I can't really do a walk through. You just have to move things around untill it fits the way you want it too.
With the TJ fenders, are they roughly the same length? If you say I can do it with minimal modification, I'll pull the trigger and get this done. Along with the soft top. And again, this thread is turning into my bible.

Not much motion in the ocean, but I'm the captain.
post #257 of Old 08-23-2012, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Why J?

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxysouthtx View Post
With the TJ fenders, are they roughly the same length? If you say I can do it with minimal modification, I'll pull the trigger and get this done. Along with the soft top. And again, this thread is turning into my bible.
I believe that the Tj fenders are the same length as the Yj fenders, but they are a bit taller. I had to cut the bottom of my fenders flush with the tub. I don't remember off hand how much. UNless you are going with heavy steel flat fenders I would stay with the Yj stock fenders. A lot less fabrication than putting stock TJ fenders on the Yj.

There is another thread on here that walks through the TJ grille install better than what I do here. Ill see if I can find it.
post #258 of Old 08-23-2012, 05:16 PM
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why J? View Post
I believe that the Tj fenders are the same length as the Yj fenders, but they are a bit taller. I had to cut the bottom of my fenders flush with the tub. I don't remember off hand how much. UNless you are going with heavy steel flat fenders I would stay with the Yj stock fenders. A lot less fabrication than putting stock TJ fenders on the Yj.

There is another thread on here that walks through the TJ grille install better than what I do here. Ill see if I can find it.
Thanks man. Appreciate it. Well, time to get to cutting.

Not much motion in the ocean, but I'm the captain.
post #259 of Old 12-14-2012, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Why J?

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have decided to make a few mods to the body and possibly the suspension of the Jeep. I didn't think that I needed to start a new thread to do that I also dont think that I should include these mods in my phase II thread where I just finished installing a 5.3l and 4L60E. I figured that while I'm not wheeling during the winter I might as well make some upgrades.

A few things that were giving me problems were the rear Rubicon flares, having no step to get in and out of the Jeep and I may need to adjust the ride heigh along with the pinion angle of the rear axle. I am going to hold off on adjusting the rear pinion angle as I dont know if I will stick with the 4L60E as I already miss having a 5 speed. So we will see. I do however plan to go up to 37's here shortly so I need a little more clearence. Which may or may not mean high fenders or more lift.

To get stared I went on over to Genright's site and ordered up a few things. It should all be here on Tuesady next week. So Ill start getting everything mocked up and ready for paint then. I'm going to go with spray boming them this time. I have some tips on doing spray paint, having it actually look good and be durable.
Attached Thumbnails
rear flares.jpg   Boat sides.jpg  
post #260 of Old 12-24-2012, 01:17 AM
Mr.ThunderMakeR
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep looks good!

What problem are you having with the Rubicon flares?

- '91 Jeep Wrangler YJ, 4" lift with 33" BFG KM2's, 1" body lift, NV3550 swap, NP241OR Rubicon TCase w/ Novak Cable Shifter, Monstalined Tub
- '09 Mazda RX-8 R3
post #261 of Old 12-26-2012, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Why J?

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR
Jeep looks good!

What problem are you having with the Rubicon flares?
Honestly the problem I am having is with my kids climing on them. The older they get the more they are deforming under there weight when they climb in.

I want something that is more structural for them to step on.

Also I am going for 35s to 37s. The 35s with my low lift is just enough clearance. Te 37s are going to rub.
post #262 of Old 02-17-2014, 07:50 AM
durrettcustoms

Looks great!
post #263 of Old 02-17-2014, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Why J?

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrettcustoms View Post
Looks great!
Thanks.

Just finished up with this winters mods.