Project "Pissed Wife" - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project "Pissed Wife"

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 07-22-2009, 01:44 AM   #151
MAshbaugh
1987 MJ Comanche 

Hilarious... Reminds me of my pops... his thing when i was growing up was older Vw's .. Yeap every rebuild was my "pissed off mom".. thats a trip.... Guess I take after my ol man because Im a Chick and my thing is JEEPS..

MAshbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #152
jester116th
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Damn I'm glad i'm not Married!
jester116th is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #153
Bob_R
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe, but been married for a long time shhhh 42 years, but we both still love driving and working on the jeep and motorcycles. What the heck.
Unread 07-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #154
drerict
1983 CJ7 

Nice work, thanks for sharing with us
Unread 07-22-2009, 07:37 PM   #155
Ford_Prefect
1984 CJ7 

Wow, I am just stunned that you got a running drivable YJ for $600!! That is nuts. You could come here and sell that thing as you picked it up for 3000! Crazy

If you can read this thank a teacher; if you can read it in English, thank an Airman, Sailor, Soldier or Marine
Ford_Prefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #156
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Prefect View Post
Wow, I am just stunned that you got a running drivable YJ for $600!! That is nuts. You could come here and sell that thing as you picked it up for 3000! Crazy
I'll do better than that. I'll most likely get 3 grand out of the red 4cyl once it's back together.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-pissed-wife-747535/
Phase II 5.3L/4L60e then NV3550
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...stall-1400506/
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2009, 10:24 AM   #157
Ford_Prefect
1984 CJ7 

That is very cool.

What color, exactly, is the paint? I can not tell... Some photos it looks green, others charcoal.

Funny the comments about marriage that have come from this thread. I consider myself rather lucky, my wife has helped me to rebuild my old malibu engine, and swap out the 258 in my CJ7, so, I guess I do not what others have to deal with, but my wife is amazing!

Sad to see so many guys on here saying they would not want a wife, they just do not know what they are missing out on.

If you can read this thank a teacher; if you can read it in English, thank an Airman, Sailor, Soldier or Marine
Unread 07-23-2009, 10:26 AM   #158
Ford_Prefect
1984 CJ7 

OH AND...

The rails that are needed around the tub to get the TJ soft top on there. How did you get those? Did you have to cut them off of a TJ tub, or did you find them for sale somewhere? I really like my windsheild to go down, so, I do not think I could do that mod yet myself, but boy I REALLY love how much easier it is to get the TJ top down than the CJ top, what a HUGE difference that is!

Unread 07-23-2009, 08:06 PM   #159
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Prefect View Post
OH AND...

The rails that are needed around the tub to get the TJ soft top on there. How did you get those? Did you have to cut them off of a TJ tub, or did you find them for sale somewhere? I really like my windsheild to go down, so, I do not think I could do that mod yet myself, but boy I REALLY love how much easier it is to get the TJ top down than the CJ top, what a HUGE difference that is!
The color is the stock green. It's called Hunter Green Metallic. I really like it, sometimes it looks black, Green, goldish and charcole. Depneds on the light conditions.

The Tj tub pieces are just the belt line sheet metal. I got them from the dealer. I think they were 33 for both. I just spot welded them on.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=747535
Unread 07-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #160
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

That thing looks awesome, I just painted mine too with what Im pretty sure is the same color. I gotta get some pics up one of these days.
93jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #161
georgem
1995 YJ Wrangler 

looks like a good buy. I'm planning this maneuver myself. I'll let you know how I make out.
georgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #162
mikeprekopa
1993 ZJ 

Paint looks great... whats that you say ? you'll be over Saturday to do mine in semi gloss black ? Great, cant wait lol
Unread 07-24-2009, 10:57 AM   #163
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So I played around with it a little yesterday. I need to start working on the dash so I need to decided what color. I have some Mastercraft seats that are going in this thing. So I am thinking of doing the dash to match the sides of the seats.

So I bolted on it.

Also got the tailgate wet sanded, buffed out and bolted in.

Tip: When putting in bolts, or nuts or torx that are painted and you don't wanted to mess up the finish. Cut the tip off of a rubber glove and put it over socket or wrench or torx bit. It will protect the finish.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=747535
Unread 07-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #164
93jeepyj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Tip: When putting in bolts, or nuts or torx that are painted and you don't wanted to mess up the finish. Cut the tip off of a rubber glove and put it over socket or wrench or torx bit. It will protect the finish.

Thats a great idea, where were you tuesday night when I was putting my windshielf frame back on with freshly painted hardware.
93jeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #165
Ford_Prefect
1984 CJ7 

Wow, it sure does not look like the same color. Maybe it is the lack of the pin stripes and sarhara stickers or something, looks good though.

OK, obviously you saved a lot of paint, but other than that why didn't you paint under where your rock rails and corners are going to go?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.