Project Northwoods - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project Northwoods

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #91
jakeWI
1996 XJ Cherokee 

as far as more progress, the new unit bearings and inner axle seals for the D30 came UPS today!

got the front bumper on after making the Unibody Tie-in Brackets right. Also got the durango steering box bolted up with the brackets and popped the D44 in. still need to get the brakes and axle shafts on though.

also found out that the D44 U-Bolts Rough Country sent me were junk. You can look at them and know why, they anodized them without cleaning them properly so they are all buggered. calling them tomorrow.

Jeep Buildhttp://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...hwoods-958674/
jakeWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #92
jakeWI
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well I got some stuff done on Friday thanks to Jeepcomj for helping.

Got the Durango Steering box in (bad pic, o well haha):

Got the JCR stage 4 front bumper in after messing with the mounting hole location:

Also got the 8.25 out and the D44 up. Still need to put the shafts back in, run brake lines and put on the Solid cover. Rough Country sent me bad U-Bolts. They said they had a bad batch come through. O well, they always take care of things so the new ones are already on their way. I was going to take a picture of why they were bad, but my camera didn't want to sooo:

Unread 09-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #93
jakeWI
1996 XJ Cherokee 

got the rear axle in, shafts in, DISC BRAKES on and now the rear in on its own weight and on tires!!!!!

still need to run brake lines and install Solid diff. Cover.

Didn't get pictures because it was 9:30 and dark as hell. Will get tomorrow sometime.

Unread 09-09-2010, 08:52 PM   #94
jakeWI
1996 XJ Cherokee 

here are the pictures of the rear on wheels. Solid diff. cover is on. Rear disk brakes are on. A good set of U-Bolts finally and the rear is good to go. just need to install shocks and run the rear brake lines.

Unread 09-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #95
T4STE
1996 XJ Cherokee 

looks awesome. i mightve missed it but what rear disc set up are you running on that 44?

my build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/9...thread-634491/
T4STE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2010, 06:43 AM   #96
jakeWI
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4STE View Post
looks awesome. i mightve missed it but what rear disc set up are you running on that 44?
thanks. its a mix of ZJ d35 parts and TJ Rubicon D44 parts.

Unread 09-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #97
T4STE
1996 XJ Cherokee 

cool thanks. was it a tough install? you didnt have to replace the prop valve or the master cylinders did you?

my build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/9...thread-634491/
T4STE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 05:08 PM   #98
jakeleverett
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey I noticed a "sound bar" in the rear of your xj, is that something you made or is there someplace I could get one?
jakeleverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2010, 06:51 PM   #99
Geister

Man your xj looks great. where did you find the fabric for your headliner?
Unread 09-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #100
jakeWI
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4STE View Post
cool thanks. was it a tough install? you didnt have to replace the prop valve or the master cylinders did you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeleverett View Post
Hey I noticed a "sound bar" in the rear of your xj, is that something you made or is there someplace I could get one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geister View Post
Man your xj looks great. where did you find the fabric for your headliner?

Sorry guys, I was away for the weekend camping. Ill answer in order haha.

(1) wasn't to tough to install, did have help from someone knowing what they were doing though. didn't have to replace anything on mine other then the prop valve (went with one from a zj) otherwise everything else on mine was good. I am NOT installing the parking brake though. I have all the cables/lines ran for it still, its just not happening for at least a while.

(2) the sound bar is one that came in some models or various years of XJ's. My 1993 didn't come with one, my 1996 sport (this one) came with one from factory. So best bet is a junk yard.

(3) Thanks! I just used fabric from JoAnn fabrics. You basically can use anything you want. Walmart, army surplus, JoAnn anywhere that sells fabric. It took (without an overhead consule) roughly 3 to 3 1/2 yards of fabric. If you decide to do it, just buy 3M Headliner Glue! 3M is the company that makes it. Its expensive but it works! Be generous with it as well. I let mine dry overnight off the jeep just because. my brothers has been in for 3-4 years and mine has been in for 1-2 years and neither of ours is sagging so 3M works if you do it right. If you decide to do it and need pointers, just shoot me a PM, I would be more then happy to give any help I can.

Unread 09-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #101
Geister

will do. thanks for the info.
Unread 09-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #102
adkmehrman
1996 XJ Cherokee 

wow inspiration just read the entire build i have a green 96 XJ sport as well your thread has given me many great ideas. I need to fix all the things that are wrong with mine first though as it is a daily driver. But keep up the great work man i have a soft spot for green XJ's
adkmehrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 02:53 PM   #103
jakeleverett
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeWI View Post
Sorry guys, I was away for the weekend camping. Ill answer in order haha.

(2) the sound bar is one that came in some models or various years of XJ's. My 1993 didn't come with one, my 1996 sport (this one) came with one from factory. So best bet is a junk yard.
Damn, I gots a 96 too, ill definitely have to look into that I was thinking about building my own though
jakeleverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #104
jakeWI
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkmehrman View Post
wow inspiration just read the entire build i have a green 96 XJ sport as well your thread has given me many great ideas. I need to fix all the things that are wrong with mine first though as it is a daily driver. But keep up the great work man i have a soft spot for green XJ's
thanks. yeah i had a ton of things to fix to. its nice to have a different DD now. the xj was mine, but now I have some crap cavilier to get me by. that car and my gf convinced me to finally tackle a huge face-lift like this.

Unread 09-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #105
jakeWI
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeleverett View Post
Damn, I gots a 96 too, ill definitely have to look into that I was thinking about building my own though
whatever works. i see a lot of people build a box in the rear hatch area on the side. where the side panel indents.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.