Project No Compromises - Update 09/11/10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project No Compromises - Update 09/11/10

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 06-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Project No Compromises - Update 09/11/10

Update 09/11/10

After buying the Jeep, I soon realized that I missed not being able to play my iPod. My wife's Jeep has a FM transmitter (which is what I was used to), so I decided to pick one up for my Jeep. I tried out her FM transmitter first and I was unable to shift into first without hitting into the transmitter. I went out and bought a different type which has a cable instead of the cradle and allows you to place your iPhone in the cup holders or any other place. I was VERY disappointed with the strength of the FM transmitter and was also upset it would not go down to the 87.9 range like my wife's. I then found out that within the last few years, the FCC (or whatever organization it is) has limited the power output and frequency ranges. I returned the transmitter and looked for a head unit to provide a much better solution.

After a bunch of research, I decided to go with the Alpine iDA-X305S. This thing is awesome with my iPhone 4 (comes with the cable and it charges it at the same time) and I love being able to listen to Pandora on the road. It even lets me get a song the thumbs down or up with a simple turn of a knob. The screen display is great.... but as with any LCD screen, it is hard to see with the top off on a sunny day. Again, I would definitely recommend this and I would also recommend buying this from AUDIOSOURCE on Amazon, as he smokes everyone else's deals and he has the best customer service I've seen in a LONG time.

(Forgot to take pics when I was doing it initially, so these pics are from several months later)

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Built Not Bought... pshh... how about, Wheeled Not Garaged.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Buyers / Sellers To Avoid: sidetracked
Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.