Project No Compromises - Update 04/24/11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project No Compromises - Update 04/24/11

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #1
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Project No Compromises - Update 04/24/11

Update 04/24/11

Alright, so it has been a month and a half since my last update... but I finally am getting some things done. The exhaust was installed by Master Muffler (highly recommended), then the T.W. rear drive shaft went in, then afterwards it was a VERY long and painful process of getting the alignment performed, then some transfer case issues were resolved, then the Currie Anti-Rock sway bars were installed, then PIAA windshield lights were fully wired up to a factory switch, then a few minor tasks were completed, and all that brought me to my most recent project that I just finished this weekend... a home-made garage hoist for the hard top.

Here's some pics (and links) in the order of which they were done:

Exhaust:

Sorry, but no pics of T.W. rear drive shaft.

- Transfer Case seal replacement:
See my the issue I was having and how it was resolved by clicking here.

- Currie Anti-Rock install:

(Yes, I know in the pic the sway bars were put on the wrong side with the lettering... I quickly noticed this and switched sides.)

- PIAA Windshield Light install:
IMPORTANT - See my other thread for wiring information to factory switch and how my issues were resolved.... click here.

- Misc. small projects:

Added a medical kit and a Hi-Lift holder:

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Built Not Bought... pshh... how about, Wheeled Not Garaged.

An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.

Buyers / Sellers To Avoid: sidetracked
Allgood_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

- Garage Hoist for Hard Top:
Just so you know... my object was NOT to save money by not buying a kit from Quadratec or some other place... it was to do it right and have it exactly how I want it. That being said, it still ended up costing me half of the amount of one of the pre-fabbed kits.

Parts Used:

The actual build:

Cut initial hole and ran saw that my flooring was above it... I needed to go down about 6 inches.

Since I cut the hole too big... I decided to use rubber to cover it up, and then I'm going to put chair mold around it... granted this is still a work in progress:

The temporary lifting / hanging portion it complete... here's a pic of it up and down:

Now it's time for the working on the long term storage solution:

The shortest 1/2" eye bolts Home Depot carried was 6". I needed around 3" so I cut them down to my liking and then chamfered them.

I planned on taking the Jeep wheelin this weekend, but then my wife's fuel pump went out in her Grand Cherokee.... so that put a damper on things. I'm aiming at next weekend now and will post up pics as soon as I go.

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Thank you to all who voted me the July 2011 TJ of the Month AND July 2012 TJ of the Month!!!

Unread 06-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Allgood_73
No Compromises

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Also, I bought a 16' dovetail 8k tandem trailer. It has a weight distributing hitch, brakes on both axles, a locking toolbox, and a metal deck.

(Accidentally deleted pics of trailer) :-\

My Build Thread

Wheeling Trips

My Items For Sale

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.