Project Need Another Job - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project Need Another Job

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 10-26-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
gottkts
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Project Need Another Job

I figured since i like watching other people build their rigs I would post up my build seeing that the time has come. I have been waiting patiently since April gathering parts for the build and finally have enough to get a good start. So far I have a BDS 3.5 inch lift,Daystar 1 inch body lift, Ford 8.8, T&T customs tube fenders and quarter overlays, Cooper discover stt 35s and some small stuff. I still have a lot planned but need more funds. Should have new pics daily

Today is the day finally moved it into the garage and this is what it looks like as of right now 94 sahara green/tan will be converted to black on black

I guess i will need someone to make the pictures come up,I have posted some before but it is not doing a direct link now

gottkts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
onlyinayj89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like you have a good start
onlyinayj89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

Good luck with the build! I just started mine too and I'm afraid I already have the Jeep bug

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
n3vrknowitwasme
1983 CJ7 

looks like mine... just mine has better paint... oh and less upgrade part lying around... and by less I mean none... lol I understand the need another job thing.
n3vrknowitwasme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
gottkts
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ok got a little done this evening. Doesnt look like much but let me tell you the side steps are a mother to get off. We took off all the rear lighting going to be going with flush mount leds and got the flares off. Should be able to acomplish quite a bit tommorow with the flares being off. I think that is one of the most time consuming areas of a teardown

Unread 10-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
gottkts
1994 YJ Wrangler 

One other pick accidently hit the quick reply button
Unread 10-27-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
Sidewinder
1994 YJ Wrangler 

ooooooo this should be fun to watch since youll have new stuff everyday for a bit. congrats on all the progress.
Unread 10-28-2009, 06:18 AM   #8
gottkts
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the support hopefully by the end of the weekend I can get some of the new stuff on
Unread 10-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #9
gottkts
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ok I have my uncle helping me and I feel like we got quite a bit accomplished tonight. We started of by gutting the entire interior and then decided to put the quarter overlay on to take a look at it. Well that looked so good we decide we had to get one of the fenders off and try out the new one also. I must say these parts are awesome as far as beefiness and fit and finish. They make a great product. Heres some updated pics

Unread 10-28-2009, 08:22 PM   #10
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

NOOOOOO! Another perfectly good 94/95 forest green Sahara loses its paint scheme! Tisk, tisk.

Just kidding man. I'm a little biased towards Sahara green YJ's (see sig). Looks like you've got a nice build plan. Can't wait to see the finished product.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
coachholland
1995 YJ Wrangler 

All that in two days??? You gotta be kidding me. Nice work so far!
Unread 10-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #12
gottkts
1994 YJ Wrangler 

When I first got the jeep I was thinking about going back green but I like that murdered out look of black on black
Unread 10-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
gottkts
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Yea two days and two people working about three hours a night
Unread 10-28-2009, 08:27 PM   #14
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottkts View Post
When I first got the jeep I was thinking about going back green but I like that murdered out look of black on black
Yeah, there are a few guys here on JF with murdered out YJ's and I think they always look killer.... no pun intended. Some people hate 'em, but I think they look awesome.
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2009, 08:48 PM   #15
coachholland
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottkts View Post
Yea two days and two people working about three hours a night
Six hours total makes it even more unbelievable. Wow...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.