Project Manifest Destiny -
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project Manifest Destiny

Rough Country Suspensio Get the Best Deals Here...FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-25-2015, 08:17 PM   #1
1999 XJ Cherokee 
Project Manifest Destiny

So this first post is more or less just to claim the project name because i had a horrible feeling someone else would for some reason.

If you don't know, Manifest Destiny was the idea that the US was "Destined" to control the North American Continent from coast to coast, minus Canada. Idk how it popped into my head but i thought it would make a great jeep build name. Much like the early settlers and homesteaders, this Jeep is "destined", by my own accord, to conquer the landscape from coast to coast.

Heres a quick overview of why and how I am doing this build and what I'm working with and what you can expect.

After being out of the Jeep game for a while, it feels really good to be coming back. After my last jeep blew up and i started a new job I decided to get a car ('12 Golf TDI), it was fun at first but eded up driving me crazy not being able to simply jump a curb in a traffic jam or get to the best fishing places because the road was too gnarly. So after some critical thinking and a lot of convincing i "sold" my car to my girlfriend and picked up an '01 Jeep Cherokee. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share at the moment, but its a White Sport, 143xxx miles on it, bone stock and generally untouched in any manner. The leaves are so saggy it looks like they were mounted upside down, the CEL came on as soon as i got it home because of the fuel pump and gasket and a few days ago i realized theres a hole in the radiator. Dealers sure can hide stuff well. But, overall i went through the jeep at the dealer and decided that it ran strong enough that any of the little problems that could come up i could deal with.

I have one other "build" on here from my last jeep, but i was broke for that one and most of the mods were either a can of paint and an angle grinder or 6 months of saving for a $200 part. But now i have the time and resources to do it big and i promise you'll see some things you've never seen here, maybe on Pirate, but definitely not here. The general idea is to get all of the function of some of those backyard "i did it because it works" mods but make them look like a real Jeep build, like the vehicles built for the ultimate adventure and the like.

Sorry this first post is me rambling but i was too excited to not hurry up and get the project name out and have a starting point. Pictures will be coming soon and it should be a good time for me and everyone here also!!

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Inigo Montoya-Build Thread-99 XJ Sport[/COLOR]
98XJmtar14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.