Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Project Manager special was Project Wifey-(TJ Wrangler)

6K views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  wfochris 
#1 ·
Bought an '02, was my first jeep:

Buuuttt..... it was a manual. Even though my wife 'can' drive stick, she hates it. With a passion. She told me before I bought this jeep she'd drive it, but it wasn't long before I heard 'jokes' about trading it for an auto.

Well, I realized that an auto would be better for her, and I could downgrade and have some money for the fun stuff. We both win :)

Enter the '97:

Got it about 2 weeks ago.

Got a deal on some UPOL for $100, so that was first:

See less See more
#2 ·
Yesterday, started the 3" BDS lift with 33"s:

Faithful helper:

Back finshed around noon today:

And the finished product:

Have to drop the T-case tomorrow a bit, but I think the next thing will be a winch and front/rear bumper.

Looking to go 8.8 after :)

#6 ·
UPOL Raptor. He mentioned it in his original post :p

#8 ·
No updates to the build; plan to install the fenders this week. That'll require chopping the hood, but so be it.

And.... here are some pics from the first shakedown ride... you can see why the tube fenders will be the next thing to go on.

#10 ·
Thanks Fuzz. Your jeep is a big inspiration.

Yesterday the rear shaft got a new set of U-Joints.

It looks like I rolled the dice after reading a thread on here about them.

Lifetime warranty, but we'll see what happens. And don't get this exact part number for your rig; I forgot to take a picture and googled this one. That is unless you have the drivetrain from a camaro in your jeep :D

And a recommendation. This thing can be had for about a $100:

It's saved me on several occasions now, more than payed for itself. Makes U-joints especially a piece of cake. Quit wailing on that socket with a hammer.

#16 ·
Well, the wifey says I can't name this after her anymore. She doesn't see this as a 'cruising the streets in the summertime' kind of jeep.

"Manager special" was written on the windshield when I bought it; that's the name that'll remain.

First cut at the hood done after fender install; I'll make the final cut after a few careful measurements:

#18 ·
I think the Wifey name should stay. Women have a way of getting over things like that. Besides, it's rather endearing that you would build an automatic TJ project specifically because she did not like the manual one. And what is she talking about? This is a great rig to cruise in during the summer! Any TJ is!!!!

Great build!

#31 ·
Looks like this thread is just a place for me to tell myself what I've done, at the least it'll serve me as a history.

New seal in the trans:

Threw a new one in the t-case while it was out:

Back together now, we'll see how it holds fluid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.