Project L.A 03 TJ retired racer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project L.A 03 TJ retired racer

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
xrideordiex27
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Project L.A 03 TJ retired racer

whats up guys? gonna really pick it up here on my 2003 TJ. The L.A project stands for long arm. A nick name I got from wheelin friends who said I spoke so highly on my long arm and they were impressed with how it flexed. I just found out i can no longer race quads due to my work situation (need a safer hobby) i race pro am and expert in the 2nd biggest atv motocross series in the US. after this season i will have to giveJ up early in my dreams to race a few full pro seasons and dedicate myself fully to my job. enough with the sweet story bottom line is my jeep is a work in progress. i love wheeling and i am crazy with it. but its time to take it to the next level. i want to see how far i can go in this sport, and plan to make this into a comp jeep. im pretty good on the rocks and technical stuff, but speed is what i love. mix both together and thats what i want to do.

im buying a new 2012 ram hemi this week then once that downpayment is out of the way i can start spending on the jeep very soon after. going with the rear end suspension in my 1st order. heres my list of stuff to do before 2012 ends:

clayton 7 inch stretch
clayton 3 link
king coil overs
genright coilover mounts
genright tank and filler
full roll cage (something good)
5 point harness d+p seats
front tube fenders
rockers
corners

hopefully before 2012 ends (depending on money) build my d44 year and do a junkyard jeep width d60 4.88s arb just like the rear, and hydro ram assist steering on the hi steer.

an atlis tcase and newer low mileage 4.0 will be put in this winter. rebuilding my 5 speed manuel trans aswell probobly.

nothing speical now, just 35s on a clayton long arm.

img_6076.jpg   img_2468.jpg   2012-bike2.jpg  
xrideordiex27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
DKenyon28

2002 TJ Wrangler 

That ATV looks sick. I got a buddy that races GNCC here in the south east. I want to get in on it but all my money goes to the Jeep.
DKenyon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
xrideordiex27
2003 TJ Wrangler 

i got the front coilovers in, rear are still being built at FOA.

genright order is:

fully welded cage, coil over mounts, track bar with mounts, front highline, rear corners, rockers, tub covers, front trail stinger

arms will be clayton offroad arms, 3 inch front stretch 7 inch rear stretch. trying to see what steering to use for the stretch. dosnt teraflex make a cheap solution? insted of going down the hydro assist route.
img_6312.jpg  
xrideordiex27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
brplatz
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Doubtful that any stretch in the front is going to be easy, and definitely not bolt on.

[QUOTE=mrblaine;14089403]That's like saying you wish your boyfriend was a bit less gay.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"]MOΛΩN ΛΑΒΕ[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.nmoffroad.com"][COLOR="DarkRed"]NMOffroad[/COLOR][/URL]
[URL="http://www.overland-motorsports.com/"][COLOR="Gray"]Overland Motorsports[/COLOR][/URL]
[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/brplatzs-tj-opv-1240947/#post13888971"]My Build[/URL][/COLOR]
brplatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #5
Jtrux
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like a good start.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.