Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #76
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yeah pretty much unless i pic up the other xj but i need to concentrate on school haha. but yeah the guy is going to send me some pics when he gets the chance. all i know is its 2WD, white, 122k on it and been in a front end accident.

Unread 02-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #77
Codeman91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Yea I hear ya on the school thing. White XJ's look good IMO.

White Jeep Club member #138
Codeman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 08:32 PM   #78
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

haha i agree i really like the white on my zj but since this xj was in an accident, im not sure how im going to get the paint to match so i may just go with repainting it like i was gonna do with this xj but i dunno
Unread 02-28-2011, 08:26 AM   #79
Dogbones
2006 TJ Wrangler 

have you considered using a regular TJ or LJ ragtop? If done right it'd probably look awesome and keep the rain out.
Dogbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #80
CTeunuch
1999 XJ Cherokee 

What's this waiting for summer crap? Man up and throw on a jacket! I think you'll be happier in the long run starting with a fresh body. My advice is take your time, do it once and do it right. If you have a place to let it sit while you work on it, gut the driveline, do some stiffeners, sliders and anything else with it out of the way. That's my biggest regret about mine, having to move it frequently so everything was rushed and corners were cut.
99XJ 4.0/AW4/HP30/8.25 build coming soon...
www.undergroundjeeps.net
CTeunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #81
65th
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Lol I cant believe I missed all of this. The Jeep looks great. The half doors are boss and getting the spare XJ would be a nice for Pepper. Btw, are those 33s on there right now?
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #82
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbones View Post
have you considered using a regular TJ or LJ ragtop? If done right it'd probably look awesome and keep the rain out.
its been brought up yeah but id like to have a solid roof back on haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTeunuch View Post
What's this waiting for summer crap? Man up and throw on a jacket! I think you'll be happier in the long run starting with a fresh body. My advice is take your time, do it once and do it right. If you have a place to let it sit while you work on it, gut the driveline, do some stiffeners, sliders and anything else with it out of the way. That's my biggest regret about mine, having to move it frequently so everything was rushed and corners were cut.
haha school man, im doing 14 credits right now so ive got my work cut out plus the jeep is 4 hours away. ive been thinking of doing stiffeners and plating the unibody upfront and if i get this new xj, i might do it. the 2 door im looking at looks like it too the hitpretty hard and low. cosmetically it needs the front fascia, headlight bezels, grill, bumper, drivers fender, flare, end cap, but it looks like the axle was pushed back. i need to talk to the guy and see what more info he can give me to see if its worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65th View Post
Lol I cant believe I missed all of this. The Jeep looks great. The half doors are boss and getting the spare XJ would be a nice for Pepper. Btw, are those 33s on there right now?
thanks man and those are bald 35" KMs. they are from the 80s lol.

i got more info on the other 99 2 door.

its a white sport, 4.0, auto, 30/8.25, tan interior, looks like it took the hit hard and low on the drivers side, looks like the front end is moved back a bit. im gonna try to get more info and make sure its not worse than it looks.
Unread 02-28-2011, 06:57 PM   #83
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

hey, what are you going to do for a lift on the new build? I'm looking at a BUNCH of crap for the HEEP right now. I think I'm going with T&T sliders and frame stiffeners, AJ's Off-Road rear bumper with swing out tire carrier, and I'm still deciding on what LA upgrade kit to get. Right now the front runners are T&T and BDS.

Just wondering what YOUR plans were for all this stuff.
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #84
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

im thinking i might keep the 8" lift and do 35s again but it all depends. i may do 6.5" and 33s..im not sure yet. all depends on how this other one goes and whether or not im going to do a swap over
Unread 02-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #85
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

some pictures of the white one

im gonna talk to him some more and make sure theres no unibody damage and even if there is, make sure its ot as bad as mine is.
Unread 02-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #86
wfcxleatherneck
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Doesnt look too bad.... just looks like it wants to flex.

I had a question for you. What part is it that keeps your axle saft from move up and down where it comes outa the tube at the u-joint. I got under the jeep to spray bolts again, and my driverside shaft has play in it.
wfcxleatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #87
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

could that be your pinion bearings crapping out on you?
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #88
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfcxleatherneck View Post
Doesnt look too bad.... just looks like it wants to flex.

I had a question for you. What part is it that keeps your axle saft from move up and down where it comes outa the tube at the u-joint. I got under the jeep to spray bolts again, and my driverside shaft has play in it.
so for the front driveshaft or the axle shafts? either or if has movement where it goes into our out of the housing, its more than likely bearings like kooaid said. hey btw man idk if i told you or not but i totally spaced and forgot my nieces 1st birthday party is sunday so i cant help you lift your jeep sorry man we will have to think of another day
Unread 03-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #89
wfcxleatherneck
1993 XJ Cherokee 

The movement is in the axle shaft where it comes outa the tube on the drivers side part of the Hp D30
wfcxleatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 03:13 PM   #90
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

there should be a little movement out of there, jack up the tire, wiggle the tire and see if it moves..if so either balljoints or hub bearings id say

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.