Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 01-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #61
wfcxleatherneck
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
yeah im getting a couple quotes on cages right now. since it will be all thats holding the unibody together and protecting myself and others in a roll, id rather pay the extra $$$ and have it professionaly done.
I really wish you told me you were paying. I just started cageing 2 hondas at school. My last class is welding for personal, and public saftey... that means cages, and learning how to triangulate on the spot.

wfcxleatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #62
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

could you possibly hook a brotha up? lol i havent heard back from the guy yet so idk
Unread 01-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #63
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

well, been on pirate alot lately getting ideas and scoping out other peoples builds..which is kind of a bad thing cause now ive been browsing craigslist looking for tons hahaha.

eitherway, found this xj and i think its ideally what im going for minus 2 doors

Unread 01-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #64
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

dude. i just came.....
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #65
Codeman91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thats a sick cage. Love the 2nd pic with the stock roof. Are you still gonna use a soft top?

White Jeep Club member #138
Codeman91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #66
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
dude. i just came.....
haha me too i dunno how im going to explain it to the gf when she does the wash..oh, were you being literal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman91 View Post
Thats a sick cage. Love the 2nd pic with the stock roof. Are you still gonna use a soft top?
yeah dude i love the cage..im going to use the factory windshield frame but no top. theres a guy i wheel with who has an old willys and there was a guy locally who made him a canvas top and im going to try to track the guy down after i get the cage made and try to have him make me one.
Unread 01-17-2011, 01:27 AM   #67
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

well, once spring rolls around and i get a hitch and wiring harness for the zj, im going to go to the junkyard and try to find a 31 spline 8.8, bring it home, gear and lock it and throw it under the xj. plan for now is to gear the 30, put in a locked 8.8, order some 36" IROKs and wheel it til it decides to give up.. who knows maybe it will last long enough to not need tons until i get out of college and get a truck
Unread 02-12-2011, 10:50 PM   #68
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

alright so i hope i didnt get anyones hopes up by bumping this but i have finally laid everything out and decided for now, im going to bend the roof back enough to fit a windshield, find one and try to put it in myself and silicone it enough to stay in. for now the hatch is coming off since it wont close. im not sure if its the hatch that got tweaked, when i did go to open it, i ripped off all the back paneling and had to use a vice grips to pull the rod and get it to open. either way, gonna do that, pull the carpet and herc that area. im still debating on keeping the flares. i want to but it could put money towards the zj.

still havent decided on paint..i put up some pics in the photoshop request thread to see what they can come up with. but it should be getting trailered up north this weekend where it will sit until summer. in the summer when i get the windshield in, im probably going to get some current tabs for it and bring it up north for the hell of it and bomb around. need to get a cage in it too.

so much to do! but anyways i was wrenching on it a little tonight and missed updating this thread and bsing so here you go.

oh, and im keeping the fenders, doors and front fascia here at my house so i can mess around with some colors to give it a final paint scheme. wheels and tires are being sold so its going up on my zj's stock wheels and 225/70/16 tires
Unread 02-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #69
Codeman91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Those tires are going to look tiny! Can't wait til there are some updates on this.

Unread 02-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #70
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

alright so FWIW i got the itch to work on this thing again..i think im going to paint it black, keep the front bumper, paint it metallic silver, paint the bushwackers silver, rockers silver, rear bumper silver, or idk..figure out some kind of paint scheme. i keep finding more damage when i tear into it but **** it its a project. right now its getting dropped to 6.5" or 4.5", havent decided yet, but im thinking 6.5" and 36s. depends on where money is at. heres some pics from today..got it running again, made half doors, gutted doors, straightened the roof some more, itching closer!

was gonna try to save the window but ended up dropping the door and it shattered, ****

whats left of the cb mount

im going to cut more and work on them but they atleast go back on and latch. i think im going to cut them lower so theres a point to them being half doors.

and wanted to see what it would look like all mocked up so threw the panels back on

and starting on the roof kind of

windshield mount bends

and how she sits now..wheels and tires will be gone tuesday. getting some spacers and a set of factory 15s (unsure what im going to get yet..thinking canyons but i might look for some icons)

Unread 02-14-2011, 12:38 AM   #71
pyrotyro
1998 XJ Cherokee 

your off to a nice start, keep it up man!

My youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/MRpyrotyro
pyrotyro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #72
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

thanks man yeah im working on it in my spare time. it needs to be out of the garage by the end of the month according to my dad which means its going 3 hours away. so i will only be able to work on it when i can afford the gas to go up there so each update is going to be a big one haha. my gf's dad is letting me use some land to store it on and work on it. hes even probably going to help me cage it!
Unread 02-19-2011, 12:26 AM   #73
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

these came in

and my rims came in at work so i loaded up my roller tires in the zj and brought them up. got the drivers side on..im satisfied with how they look

clear the OTK just fine. now trying to find a place to store it so i can get it out of my parents garage.
Unread 02-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #74
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

so took it to where its gonna live for awhile today. pulled it up the 4 hours and dropped it off. i may have scored a sweet deal on a 99 2 door that was hit in the front end with just cosmetic damage. 122k on it, and 2wd.

anyways, onto pics

stopped to meet up with my gf's dad

unloading

and all tucked in

ill see what happens with this deal..its a guy i know and from what ive gotten for info, it runs and drives so i may drive it up, park it and do the parts swap in the summer.

more info on that when it comes to it
Unread 02-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #75
Codeman91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

That would be a good XJ to "replace" Pepper, if it will be. Any pictures of the other '99? So there won't be any updates on this 'till summer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.