Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 46 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #676
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Man jeep looks great ... That last jeep trip looked so fun

Unread 12-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #677
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Why not just tube it, not really going to affect performance by doing so.
I don't want to drill holes in these wheels since they might be getting sold and bead locks might be next
Unread 12-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #678
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
Man jeep looks great ... That last jeep trip looked so fun
Thanks man yea it was alot of fun, I hope to go out in a couple months
Unread 01-25-2014, 02:01 PM   #679
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I still havent gotten it out of storage yet and I am not sure the guy even plows where the trailer and jeep are stored, I will have to check into that next week.

For now, I am getting ideas for spring projects. I think I want to add onto my front bumper, I am thinking of adding some tube on the front that bends up to the sides and add a little grill gaurd. Here are the mock ups

The pictures with the line over the d-ring tabs represents the tube being welded to the d-ring tabs so I can still easily get to the winch bolts and get d-rings on and off. The upper one would have the tube welded to the top of the bumper and I would probably trim the grill up. I would have to use smaller tube so I could still get to the winch bolts tho.

For the rear I have a hitch I am going to flip upside down and build a bumper around, I want to finish the front first. I am also thinking about getting and LED light bar for the roof. I got 4 1440 lumens LED lights I got two for the back of the truck to mount under the bumper and I got such a good deal on all 4 I just dont know what to do with the other 2 so I might mount them on the front bumper.

Thats all thats happening right now
Unread 01-26-2014, 05:28 AM   #680
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Front bumper plans sound good. Are you going to wrap it around the sides for a little side protection?

I updated my thread with the beginnings of my tube flares. Go take a look.... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...rsion-1470100/ and leave your comments in this thread... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/.../index140.html
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2014, 10:12 PM   #681
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I may but I haven't decided yet. I'll have to check out your build when I can get to a computer. Navigating the forum on a phone is a pain in the *****.

As for the jeep, I found someone selling an xrc8 winch solenoid box so I am going to pick that up and wire it in so I can have a working winch again. Also picking up some 3.5" full pack leaf springs which will sit me right around 5" and if the rake is bad I'll put in some 4.5" coils I got laying around. All that will happen in the spring not before the winter run march 1st
Unread 01-28-2014, 07:39 PM   #682
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser
I may but I haven't decided yet. I'll have to check out your build when I can get to a computer. Navigating the forum on a phone is a pain in the *****.
I use my phone 90% of the time on JF now unless I want to see the pics better. Then I use the app on my ipad. The Only time I touch a computer anymore is for work or school.

Unread 02-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #683
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I never get on a computer since I moved into my own place, dont have time.

I tried to get the jeep out today so I could take the flat tire off and see where its leaking so I could send it out to get vulcanized before the march 1st trip to dresser. Its stored outside in a grassy area down a hill..found out today its not a plowed area. I drove down and forgot to bring a shovel so I thought I could maybe plow the snow with my bumper..

Nope, got it buried to the frame

Finally digging with an ice scraper and gloves I was able to rock it out

Then almost got stuck going back up the hill to the parking lot

I am not sure how I am going to get it out..Almost thinking of finding someone with a winch and hook up the truck and see if I can winch it along. I did finally find a shovel and shoveled out around the trailer, was able to hook up the truck but as soon as the tires lost traction it found frozen ground and it would just spin all 4 tires. Finally gave up unhooked and went home. Then tried rolling down my pass window and I think I broke the crank inside, I didnt even force it at all. ****ty day.
Unread 02-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #684
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ah, sorry you had such a ****ty day man. That blows.

Unread 02-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #685
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks man it does but life goes on could have always been worse and hopefully the window is an easy fix. I'm just glad my CV shaft stayed intact on the drivers front. The boot has been ripped and I wanted to fix it before I even tried pulling the trailer let alone romping on it haha. For how hard I pushed that truck yesterday I'll take a broken window crank! I'm gonna try to go down Friday and jack up the jeep on the trailer and take the tire off and vulcanize it myself
Unread 02-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #686
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I love your bumper design. Great idea ... Seriously all xj bumpers should do that
Unread 02-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #687
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks it will be getting made hopefully after the winter run. Tonight I went and took the drivers tire off the jeep. Fixing it this weekend
Unread 02-08-2014, 11:37 PM   #688
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Jeep is out now time to get it and the truck and trailer ready for March 1st
Unread 02-09-2014, 04:31 PM   #689
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Truck is squatting so bad cause theres a motor in the bed and motor and trans on the nose of the trailer

Finding the leak in the tire, mixed soap and water in a windex bottle..so far all I can find is a bead leak. I pray thats it

Unread 02-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #690
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

So Colchis ... Just head down here to FL ... Take the doors off ..looks of hot girls who love jeeps ... You can crash at my place

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.