Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 10-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #646
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I didn't fix the wipers but still wheeled and ofcourse it rained all weekend so I bought a squeege. It was probably one of the worst wheeling trips I've ever been on but still beat working. Only got about an hour of wheeling in before I broke the flange adapter on my 8.8. I was on a rock pile and I slid off and landed on it and I heard a weird sound and then slowly tried to pull forward and heard a bang. I got a spare at home but I have had issues losing snap rings a couple times on those things. Anyone got a better way like a ubolt style flange adapter?

Unread 10-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #647
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser
I didn't fix the wipers but still wheeled and ofcourse it rained all weekend so I bought a squeege. It was probably one of the worst wheeling trips I've ever been on but still beat working. Only got about an hour of wheeling in before I broke the flange adapter on my 8.8. I was on a rock pile and I slid off and landed on it and I heard a weird sound and then slowly tried to pull forward and heard a bang. I got a spare at home but I have had issues losing snap rings a couple times on those things. Anyone got a better way like a ubolt style flange adapter?
Dana 60 time.
No clue on that try an astrovan of a danger flange?

I <3 rockrash
Unread 10-07-2013, 10:44 AM   #648
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Maybe I will have to look into it

Some pics

snapped one side and the other side is cracked

at the park

purdy pics

first stuck, got half way up and it was so wet and sloppy the tires would just slide off the rocks then I slid onto a boulder and my tcase was sitting on a rock and the rear end on a log, had to get pulled backwards and back down. this trail is hard even dry so im not sure what i was thinking

Where I broke..had to hi-lift a couple times, stack rocks and then hi-lift the rear end. I had a good line then I slid into where I broke.

Then cruising along in front wheel drive, I looked in my rear view and saw this

Unread 10-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #649
JeepSpeed18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Pat really likes burying his rig. Lol it looks stock in the photo where you can't see the tires. How ruined is his interior?
_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

96 Jeep Cherokee 4" lift with 32" KM2's
94 Jeep Cherokee 3" lift with 29's!

JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket my life moto. :)

White Jeep Club Member #109

Jessie The Jeep (lots of pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
But yeah my 4.0 has been hydrolocked twice, ran upside down for 7 seconds it still keeps coming back for more. its like that crazy ex-girlfriend that just wont quit..but unlike her, its a good thing haha
JeepSpeed18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #650
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

That's actually iron rocks old zj its a guy who bought it from them and wheeling it now. Interior was soaked and motor was hydro locked. Pulled the plugs and emptied the cylinders and good to go. Tranny was full tho
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #651
JeepSpeed18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Oh I thought that was Pats zj. My bad.
_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

96 Jeep Cherokee 4" lift with 32" KM2's
94 Jeep Cherokee 3" lift with 29's!

JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket my life moto. :)

White Jeep Club Member #109

Jessie The Jeep (lots of pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
But yeah my 4.0 has been hydrolocked twice, ran upside down for 7 seconds it still keeps coming back for more. its like that crazy ex-girlfriend that just wont quit..but unlike her, its a good thing haha
JeepSpeed18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #652
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Its got the same suspension and tire setup so I can see how they look alike. That ones just a 5.2 and pats is a 5.9. I haven't been out wheeling with him yet this year.

As for jeep news, I am bringing home my old 99 2 door this weekend. Thinking about turning it into a flat bed pickup but its all up in the air right now. I'm trying to save money for a new house and new truck right now
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #653
bigdog101

Updates?
bigdog101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #654
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

How does that Dakota do towing? 4.7, 5.2, or 5.9?
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #655
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog101 View Post
Updates?
Black jeep is gone, traded it for a 96 Mazda protege. 1.5l of fury and a 5 speed. Filled it up for $30 last night and drove 35 miles today and the gas needle didn't budge. This will make jeep funds come quicker and hopefully a new house sooner. White jeep is still sitting at my parents house and hasn't moved since dresser. Gotta find time to fix it but I think the next mod is a turbo. Stay tuned
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #656
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jforse View Post
How does that Dakota do towing? 4.7, 5.2, or 5.9?
Its got a 4.7 and does surprisingly well. Getting up to speed takes a bit but I towed my jeep and trailer with my buddies 5.3 Silverado one day and it felt just as powerful. I normally turn off overdrive and cruise around 70-75mph the whole way. Turns about 3,000rpms but I get 12mpg so it isn't horrible. I still am on the hunt for a nice 3/4 ton to replace it but for a mid size truck I can't complain at all.

I have another friend that tows his zj with a 5.2 Durango. He does 60 the whole way cause that's all the thing will do haha. Those zjs are pigs tho. I had to tow my buddys zj on 35s and my truck didn't like it at all
Unread 11-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #657
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I'm going to be upgrading the turbo on my volvo I'll sell you my 15g if interested won't be tell around tax time though.
Pre5tig3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #658
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Man I don't check for a bit and you get rid of one of the Jeeps. traitor.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #659
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre5tig3 View Post
I'm going to be upgrading the turbo on my volvo I'll sell you my 15g if interested won't be tell around tax time though.
How much? Let me know I may be interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Man I don't check for a bit and you get rid of one of the Jeeps. traitor.
Haha yup driving the truck every day killed my bank account. Been driving the car a week solid and im at half a tank. The truck would be just starting another tank and thats a 21 gallon compared to a 10 gallon tank haha
Unread 11-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #660
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Finally fixed the jeep, new flange adapter and she's good as new. I did notice my grease zerk for the slip yoke is ripped off and dented in where it should be. Not sure when that happened but I can't get the broke zerk out the hole is an oval now anyways.

Drove it around and the tires must have moved a lot on the rims cause it shakes like a mo fo now..oh well.

And heres the new daily:

Yes those are 2500 HD badges on the doors bored at my other job and the boss asked me if I wanted to debadge the plow truck (2012 duramax) and said I should put them on the Mazda haha. So far I just gotta patch a hole in the exhaust and get some bigger tires and that's all I'm doing to it. The previous owner smacked a deer so that's the dent in the hood and the deer spun and smashed into the rear fender so the rear fender is caved in..I put a bandaid on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.