Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 41 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #601
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post

Kurt cobain sucks lead.

I <3 rockrash
Oh **** no he didn't haha

Well, IRO customer appreciation is 2 weekends from now and I thought I was ready I just had to grind down my c gussets so the calipers would clear they were hitting at full steer and cause the pedal to go soft. As I was grinding I noticed my upper ball joint cap was peeled up. ****. So I pulled the top one out and the bottom was loose too. Last time I go cheap on those. Replaced them with Spicer ball joints gonna check the passengers tomorrow.

My buddy was there fixing the brakes on his zj and tried to get another friend to work on his xj (blue one) but he sallyed on out so I sent him a pic to show him what he missed haha

Well apparently my phones camera takes pics with files to big so I will put them on photo bucket and post up later

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #602
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post

Kurt cobain sucks lead.

I <3 rockrash
That he did
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #603
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post

Well apparently my phones camera takes pics with files to big so I will put them on photo bucket and post up later
The photobucket app makes it pretty easy to just do everything from your phone. Just copy the img link and paste it into your text.

Unread 08-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #604
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

hmm I will have to try that, for now, here they be

ball joint replacement

turns out she can spin 36s pretty damn good

flexing on the guy that didn't come ins jeep

this is why we don't get anything done when we go in on Saturdays haha

Unread 08-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #605
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

ground down and laid a couple nice beads on the track bar mount and gusset we made in gilbert and plated it some more, it aint going anywhere now. Painted it up and fixed my passenger door, getting ready to go wheeling next weekend!

Almost bought a 2004 chevy Silverado 2500 with the duramax on Saturday. Wouldn't come down to the price I wanted and with what I had for a down payment, payments would have been to much. So I am going to make my black jeep a DD. Going to fix the tcase, buy some tail lights, find some 16" rims and throw the old tires off my truck on it and put insurance on it. Then park my dak, fix all the little issues and sell it.
Unread 08-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #606
bigdog101

My cousins selling a 1995 civic 4 door 5 speed if you're interested. 256,000 miles, $1500
bigdog101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #607
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Maybe anything wrong with it?

Getting ready for next weekend, gfs moms ignition cylinder switch when out on her impala and for fixing it, she said she would buy as a tent so we picked out this 8ft x 7ft for $60 and it fits perfect on the trailer. Just gotta secure it now.

Also all the bark from the tree in dresser made the tire fo flat off the rim, used some brake cleaner and a lighter and she popped right back on and aired it up. Good to go

Leaving for gilbert next weekend, feels like its been for ever since I got to wheel!
Unread 08-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #608
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Man wish I could make it to Gilbert this weekend but I'm working in Alabama all through the weekend. You bringing just the black one this weekend?
Pre5tig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #609
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Its all good man, no I will be taking the white one I had the black one stored on the trailer. I am going to be fixing the tcase linkage, putting A/Ts on it, fixing some odds and ends and it will be my daily. White one is already ready to go. Hitch finally came in for it so I might throw that on, getting the truck and trailer ready are my bigger concerns.

Speaking of which, mounted the tent. Used my gf's idea with eye hooks and carribeaners. Works awesome

Unread 08-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #610
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

trimmed the rear bumper and fixed a few other odds and ends then its getting loaded up tomorrow and ready to wheel all weekend! then next weekend were going wheeling too. will report back with pics and vids if anyone wants to see
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #611
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Leaving in half an hour to go up north and wheel for the weekend! Then next weekend I will be taking it to dresser for the Midwest event and next month there's a club run in gilbert again so I will be goin wheeling then too. Probably gonna drain my bank account but can't pass up the opportunity to hit the trails!
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #612
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Back home, the jeep wheeled flawless, I think I got it right where I want it. I think we did over 40 trails this weekend we ran a group of 2 xjs including mine, a zj a yj and a friends zuk. Hit some of the hardest stuff I could never do before and climbed a trail not one of my 4 other rigs could do. It was a good feeling. Only issues for mine were the retainer clip on my 8.8 flange adapter shot out again but I had a spare, right rear retainer for my leaf springs shot off under some serious pressure. No joke, I heard a loud pop and bang and saw my girlfriend duck and cover (it was a gnarly rock climb and I didn't want her in the jeep if it rolled). She said it was a leaf spring that broke but my buddy spotting me went down and found the retainer a good 50ft away. My steering box is also on its way out. I checked all the torque on the bolts and its all good and its clunking in the box and whining so I am gonna pull a junkyard box and drill and tap for hydro assist and order up a ram, heims, hoses and fittings. That will be nice.

Pictures coming up tonight!
Unread 08-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #613
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

NICE!!! I'm glad someone is able to have their XJ out on the trails using and abusing it as they should.

Are you just going with a stock steering box to replace your current one or are yhou going to upgrade to something like a Durango box?

Unread 08-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #614
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I am not sure yet I will probably just run a stock box. I am trying to save as much money as I can. were going wheeling again this coming weekend at a closer spot and next month up in gilbert again. money will be tight
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #615
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Onto pictures

all loaded up and ready to go

convoy

toasted trailer bearing on the way up on a buddies trailer

at the campsite

first day out, my buddies yj on 38.5 boggers

on tipsy, ran a group of 5 of us so we could just wheel no bs haha

view at the end of gorge

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.