Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 39 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 07-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #571
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I kept it under 40mph and just easy easy acceleration. It may piss some people off but **** them haha. I put about 20-30 miles on them for peace of mind.

Unread 07-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #572
wfcxleatherneck
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Its my old lift from my rolled 4dr. Three inch front springs, and 3.5 full leaf rear. I have a set of control arms for it too... I beleive they are your old ones from pepper 1.0, but I didnt use them last time because I didnt know if they would work on a one inch lower lift.

Just let me know if you could do it... I'll pay. I wish I could do it myself again, but anytime longer than about 10 mins with my leg bent sends shooting pain into my hip.

Good luck at C4C I wish I could go this year.
wfcxleatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #573
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ah gotcha I didnt know you rolled your rig, I am always willing to help if I got free time. Now that C4C is over, I may have some. Are you still in SSP? I moved now to burnsville so thats also eating up time is getting the house in shape.

C4C was a blast, the jeep performed great, did every trail I put it through. Only breakage was I forgot to put bolts back under the track bar bracket when I moved it forward and welded (2am project, wasnt thinking) and on upper money talks, I was going up a hill and right by a drop and lost left steering, looked out and the track bar bracket was bent like 40 degrees out. It cracked the unibody and ripped the lower sheet metal out. We chained, ratchet strapped it all back and I got pulled up the trail by a JK on 39s with a 6.1 hemi and pickup box conversion. That was real sketchy if anyone knows what money talks is like. We got it back to camp, took a 12lb sledge and my 3 ton straps I used to hold the jeep on the trailer and got it straigt, put 2 bolts in the bottom of the mount, went to the campsite with the welder, burned it back in, welded up the crack, then took some angle iron and made a gusset. Aint going anywhere now. Then saturday, I slid off a rock and landed hard on my driveshaft. Didnt think much of it, then it got some bad vibes going back to camp. Thought I bent the DS and was ready to swap it then my dad pointed out the rear u-joint cap was half out the flange adapter on the 8.8. I landed so hard it popped the snap ring out. Took one out of my spare DS and good to go.

Pics uploading. Not to many trail pics since I was to busy wheeling but luckily my dad loves filming so he got lots of video.
Unread 07-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #574
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

On to pictures. We left thursday afternoon, drive wasnt to bad, got stuck in downtown traffic but still made it up by 9pm. My parents brought their camper up so we stayed in style!

Lining up friday morning, took the medium group out since it was my parents first time in gilbert. Wanted them to test the waters before diving in.
Heres the easy group, there was a 2013 WK2 and a newer patriot in the group!

Gumbys rocks

The gorge

JK with a 5.7 Hemi and pickup box conversion

High voltage

View at the top

Bent tie rod on this beast

Got a 70 on the RTI at lunch time

The group

TJ infront of us sheared the top of his track bar TRE off so we winched him back and ratchet strapped it in.

Not even 5 minuted later, my lower unibody rain infront of the track bar cracked and peeled the bottom sheet metal away and bent the track bar mount like 50 degrees out so I had no left steering. This happened at the worst spot of a switch back trail. It was only the bottom of the rail but we winched it back as much as we could and ratchet strapped and chained it in place.

I still didnt have much left steer so I got towed out by the JK pickup. It was very sketchy, mom had her eyes closed and was praying the whole time. We got back to camp, ran into town, picked up some bolts and a sledge, used the 3 ton straps I use to tie the jeep down on the trailer and got it back in place with dads help

Then we found a welder and burned the cracked unibody back together, welded the bracket more and made a gusset out of angle iron and burned that in. It aint going anywhere now

Unread 07-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #575
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The next day we rolled with the hard group

I will have to get pics off my dads camera of when I ran this trail, I took pics of others and my dad filmed me on his camera when I was wheeling.

Awww the jeeps first dent, got it on no show. Smacked a rock when my tired slid off an off camber spot.

Playing around

My mom and dad having a good time

Went through the course and coming back down

raffle TJ

dinner

Unread 07-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #576
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Found myself on the overhead slide show

U-joint popped out

campground packed!

Bashed in my stock gas tank skid.

Had mom take a spin after my dad did, she had fun but was scared haha

All loaded up headed for home

On our way home

The weekend was a blast! Mom and dad had lots of fun and so did my gf, she wheeled too she likes doing trails tho over rocks so she just did some mild trails. The gfs dad also came up and rode sunday, he is looking at getting a rig now too. All in all, the jeep did great, the food was awesome and everyone had a great time with no downsides minus the leaving part. Still wish I was up there. When I had the track bar problem, the passenger side shock bolt sheered off from the violent body movement so I gotta fix that and find the new clunk I got. The jeep did overheat a little so my dad disconnected the A/C compressor to trick the computer and run the fan when I turned on the A/C in the jeep it ran the E-fan all the time so all was well after that. More pics and video to come!
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #577
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like some good wheeling! Bet it was a great time!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #578
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
I kept it under 40mph and just easy easy acceleration. It may piss some people off but **** them haha. I put about 20-30 miles on them for peace of mind.
Ah, that's a good idea. I guess I should have read this before getting it up to 65 mph the other night. Oh well....good news is that I had no vibes in the drive train, steering felt good, and the air soft pellets to balance the tires seem to have worked pretty damn well.
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #579
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Looks like some good wheeling! Bet it was a great time!
Yeah buddy it was and always is! A month from now is the IRO customer appreciation and I will be up there again for that. My tcase is beat to **** now so I will be making a skid before then. I dont want to push my luck twice haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
Ah, that's a good idea. I guess I should have read this before getting it up to 65 mph the other night. Oh well....good news is that I had no vibes in the drive train, steering felt good, and the air soft pellets to balance the tires seem to have worked pretty damn well.
Nice dude thats always a good feeling, amazingly enough, I took the jeep up to 50mph to get around the washed out trail from the campground to the OHV park. Its just way to bumpy its quicker to take the road there. The steering wheel barely shook, I was amazed haha
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #580
wfcxleatherneck
1993 XJ Cherokee 

No I moved into Saint paul.. but I'm not to far away from where I was. Let me know when ever you would have time. Muddsnapper said he would be willing to come down to help aswell. Also I got a new good welder now! I can fineally weld well again. I'll PM you my new number
wfcxleatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #581
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Nice man I just picked one up to and we got some nice ones at work Ive been learning on. I will let you know if I do but time is pretty scarce lately. I like having my own place but its a ton of work and keeping up 4 vehicles and a house along with a full time job leaves me little free time. You know how it is. But I will let you know man

Heres some more from the crawl 4 the cure, got a video uploading but making the actual video is going to take a long time sorting through all the vids so hang tight.

Some stills off my dads camera

the gorge

High voltage

Unread 07-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #582
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

my gf got bored while I was helping some guys get a jk get un-stuck so she stole my jeep!

No Show

core trail

gumbys rocks

My dad playing around

I will post up the vid when it gets done uploading, enjoy!
Unread 07-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #583
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Heres the video of my rig on No Show, a bunch of rigs struggled on it, the xj walked right on through!

Unread 07-24-2013, 10:52 AM   #584
Metro55
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hey man, my buddies from Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada) were in Gilbert this past weekend for Crawl 4 The Cure too! They had the White XJ on 33's and long arms (XJ Jay), Red XJ (With MS Crawl stickers, on 33's), custom tube buggy with WHORE on the roof (Blue, white, 40" Iroks, D60/70) the Blue JK on 42's with a Hemi, and the HUGE Durango on V tires... I was supposed to come, but I had prior commitments back here this weekend... looked like an awesome time. I should be there next year!
,(●)_),,,,,,(●)_)--o-)_) ,,, 2000 XJ - 4.5" w/ LA's & Locked on 32's
Metro55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #585
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Nice man I talked to XJ Jay when I was getting my track bar bracket welded back on, we wheeled with them for the first part of the day then they went off on their own. We will be there next year for sure! That JK sounded sweet! My dad got a vid of him bouncing on a hill on gumbys rocks. I will have to get the video together soon.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.