Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 38 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 07-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #556
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I got the passengers seat in, took alot of work but shes bolted down and aint goin anywhere.

4.88s in the 8.8, picked up wheel bearings and seals, just gotta put those in then I can put the shafts and spool in

Unread 07-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #557
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Got the mini spool in, took some finagling, had to grind the c-clips down a little, just enough to barely fit then I used a punch to get them in. Next had to modify the cross pin. I searched around, everyone said the notched pins they sell are weaker than any other and I even read on a couple mustang and ranger sites that some people actually grind down a tooth on the ring gear to fit the cross pin. I wasnt willing to do that so I notched the cross pin, didnt take to much material off, it was a tight squeeze but got it in just fine.

I also replaced the wheel bearings and seals since I had everything out.

gonna try to weld the shock mounts on tomorrow, gave the rest of the truss a coat of primer

As for the jeep, got the rock sliders on.

Gonna weld shock mounts on tomorrow then I can paint the axle, route brake lines and hopefully get it under the jeep this weekend so I can put rear shocks in and make bumpstops.
Unread 07-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #558
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Modified the shock mounts to raise them a bit and burned them in. Painting now axle should go in this week or weekend
Unread 07-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #559
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Painted up and ready to go under the jeep. My buddy is gonna help me route up the brake lines. I got brake lines for an exploder, gonna put a hard lane from caliper to caliper. Will be ready to go under by friday.

Unread 07-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #560
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

looks SWEET! Love the truss. . . very beefy.
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #561
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks man, I hope to have it under the jeep tomorrow or Saturday. Routing brake lines is gonna be a little tricky but other than that, should be good to go under. Then it comes to bumpstopping and trimming a little. Pics to come
Unread 07-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #562
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Out with the old

In with the new

Did the hack n tap SYE and put my front driveshaft in the back since my custom front shaft came in today.

Put doetsch tech shocks for a 6.5" lift in the back, they have built in bumpstops and bumpstop perfect, no rub at full bump

Gotta take care of some rubbing in the front, route rear brake lines, wire up winch, put hitch on the back, finish interior, few more odds and ends and shes ready for the crawl 4 the cure next weekend!
Unread 07-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #563
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

bigger bump stops.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #564
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Sledge hammer I think I got them to fit now, tested for rub, no rub on the inner fenders, just gotta trim up the passengers rear quarter and were good

Also drove it to break in the gears, felt good to get it out, brakes are nice and firm, steering is pretty straight for the most part haha. Unbalanced super swampers aren't the most road friendly however

Also made tow points, these are my old ZJ d-ring tabs, 2 of the bolts went right to the stock nut plate and then I drilled out and put a 1/2" bolt and nut in and bolted the rest of the nut plate in.

Only issue is I think I blew the winch solenoid when me and my dad were wiring it up. Gonna test it tonight. If anything I might just overnight a solenoid from smittybilt. Other than that, just gotta get the riddler cover on, put in a longer hose for the diff breather, weld up some stuff and were good to go

Unread 07-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #565
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I also installed a sticker.
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #566
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
I also installed a sticker.
I thought that axle was lookin kinda of wimpy until you put that sticker on .. then damn that axles is sick!! i want
Unread 07-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #567
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

It seems to be the trendy thing to do now days so I figured I would get with the times haha
Unread 07-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #568
wfcxleatherneck
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Grant how much would you charge to do a lift, hubbearings/ujoints?

And maybe some motor work lateron. My health has made it near impossible to really wrench anymore, and I rather have someone I know, and know's what they are doing.
wfcxleatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #569
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hmmm I'm not sure I have been so busy lately I have barely had time to work on my own stuff. What kind of lift?

Alright y'all, d-day it is and I drove the jeep 20 miles today and changed the 8.8 fluid and put the riddler cover on and cleaned the interior. I think she's ready! I pulled my 98 to work so I can unload it and load up the 96. Pulling out to go up north around 2pm tomorrow. Supposed to storm bad which will make for a fun 5 hour drive 150 miles but we should be fine.

For those not in the loop, this weekend is crawl 4 the cure which is a huge event on the iron range for the ms society. Got the jeep done just in the Nick of time!

Thank you to all who donated!
Unread 07-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #570
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

So, how many miles do you take it easy to break in the gears? My front D44 only has a mile or two on it from me test driving around the neighborhood. . . . and by "taking it easy" what mph do you keep it under?
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.