Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 36 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #526
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Trucks and trailers loaded up, just gotta clean out the jeep and were headed north to go wheeling. Small event put on by a dealership so we will see how it goes, parents first time coming out so we will see how they like it. White one isnt ready to go yet or I would take that one. Were gonna meet them at the campground tomorrow, gf had to work until 5 and I didnt want to sit in traffic since we have to pass through downtown minneapolis to get up north so we will leave bright and early

aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #527
nickpequignot
1996 ZJ 

Why do you always have so many d*** tires in your truck or on the trailer?
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:12 AM   #528
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Craigslist hustlin! I buy and sell tires a lot. Extra $$$!
Unread 06-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #529
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

aircruiser

think IRO could send me the hardware and bits/tap for the HnT? I've managed to lose most of the hardware and used the **** out of the bits/tap for other projects lol.

Forgot to call them yesterday and ask.
[CENTER][SIZE="1"][Color="Blue"][b]00 XJ Sport "Wannabe Desert Rat"[/b][/color](August 2012-Present) 4.0L - 160k Body, Monstalined Menace, ATK+ Longblock, 6.5" IRO Short Arm Lift, LMP Front Bumper, Bushwacker Flat Flares, Clayton DS Track Bar, ZJ V8 Steering, Quick Discos, Bilstein 5100s, IRO HnT SYE, Braided SS Brake Lines, 1" TC Drop, HiLift, #784 Injectors, Flowmaster Super 44, 33" BFGoodrich A/T on Outlaw IIs, Safari Snorkel, Autopal Harness + 80/100w H4 Bulbs[/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/blue-waffle-build-thread-1807113"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Blue"]Blue Waffle Build Thread[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]
Built Not Bought #704[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"][i]Past Jeeps:[/i]
[Color="Red"][B]93 ZJ Laredo[/B][/color](Jan 2011-April 2011) 5.2L - 98k, Stock - Totaled
[COLOR="Tan"][B]96 ZJ Laredo[/B][/COLOR](April 2011-August 2012) 4.0L - 138k, Cowl Intake, Rancho 9000 Series, 2" Spacers, 31" Baja MT Widetracks - Sold[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="silver"]Monstaliner: [url]http://monstaliner.com/[/url]
Iron Rock Offroad: [url]http://ironrockoffroad.com/[/url][/SIZE][/COLOR]
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #530
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Maybe, give them a call in the AM, I cant really say as I dont have the authority to make that call haha

Back from the trip, it was alot of fun for what I expected to be a boring drive through the woods. It was my parents first time wheeling so I chose to start off in the medium group but turns out they all did the same trails just less **** talk on the easier groups haha. We ended up starting out in a group of 4 JKs, 2 TJs and one other XJ. They were all modded so start off with me at the back of the pack since I had to round up my parents and get stuff out of the truck, we came up to the first obstacle, round the corner to see a TJ bouncing around almost going over then backing up, nailing the throttle and making it on 2 wheels. The XJ bypassed then all the JKs drove up to the rock climb, backed down, drove to the entrance of the dirt climb the TJ took and backed down and I hear my mom in the back of the jeep saying, "Oh you arent gonna take that, no way. No way were doing that.." I drive pass the by pass and here "Grant, Im serious. Seriously, no no no no NO NO OH GOD". I start climbing the dirt climb and look back to see my mom clinging on to the back of my seat for dear life looking at the floor with her eyes closed as shes mumbling "**** **** oh **** **** damn damn damn" and my dad is hanging on laughing and my gf is laughing her *** off.

That set the tone for the rest of the day. Mom and dad ended up having a blast! Dad loved it, hes dead set on selling the truck and camper and getting a brand new rubicon now. I ended up putting the XJ on its side (kind of, went down a hill, ended up being a rut, put the jeep into a dirt wall, front passenger tire was off the ground and rear was half off just spinning.) I crawled out the window, hooked up to a JK and didnt want to try to crawl back in so I had the gf crawl into the seat as the JK pulled it out then the gf drove for awhile. She did pretty good. Then we had to wait at another trail for another group so we got out and watched and then my girlfriend asked if anyone else wanted a turn and before she could finish my dad was in the drivers seat haha. He did alright for his first time. Was a little throttle happy and got a little high on off camber stuff but kept all 4 tires on the ground. We stopped for dinner, then dad drove again for awhile, this time we were in the "extreme" group. Were keeping up and even doing things a couple others couldnt until we reached a hill called "digger" which was impassable but even the bypass was so rutted out jeeps on 37s locked F/R were getting stuck. I got about 3/4 the way up and kept hitting the same rut and sinking so I backed up, gave her hell and the rear bounced off a rock and, kicked sideways, the tires popped between a couple logs and heard a bang and only had front wheel drive. I backed up and looked under and the damn driveshaft was in half.

I backed up and ended up getting the driver side front tire on the wall and the passenger was in a hole so luckily the guy and gal that have the towing service called "BSF (Broke'd, Stuck'd and ****'d)" were right there and hes got an old K30 scottsdale tow truck on 37s and he was able to pull me backwards and hook me up and tow me back to camp. In the process I got some bark in both beads on the drivers side tires so theyre both flat. Got the jeep on the trailer and headed home. It was blast, had alot of fun and made alot of cool memories. Now my parents cant wait for Gilbert next month!

Heres a couple pics:

I actually made this hole, dad got video of it

Digger hill

The tow truck

Watching others attempt digger hill

Getting towed back

Loaded up, ready for home, the TJ janky on the trailer tried going up with no ramps and bounced off landing on his shock tower and got stuck lol. Had to jack it up and winch it off with another jeep

Carnage

Take note of the water lines lol

More pics and vid to come when I get it off my dads camera
Unread 06-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #531
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Water hole, got some water in the distrubitor, ran better after a bit haha

Unread 06-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #532
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Dads got some more pics on his other cam but heres some stills from his video camera

Unread 06-25-2013, 04:39 AM   #533
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

You beat that thing like it owed you money, christ.

I like it.
[CENTER][SIZE="1"][Color="Blue"][b]00 XJ Sport "Wannabe Desert Rat"[/b][/color](August 2012-Present) 4.0L - 160k Body, Monstalined Menace, ATK+ Longblock, 6.5" IRO Short Arm Lift, LMP Front Bumper, Bushwacker Flat Flares, Clayton DS Track Bar, ZJ V8 Steering, Quick Discos, Bilstein 5100s, IRO HnT SYE, Braided SS Brake Lines, 1" TC Drop, HiLift, #784 Injectors, Flowmaster Super 44, 33" BFGoodrich A/T on Outlaw IIs, Safari Snorkel, Autopal Harness + 80/100w H4 Bulbs[/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/blue-waffle-build-thread-1807113"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Blue"]Blue Waffle Build Thread[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[Color="Red"][B]93 ZJ Laredo[/B][/color](Jan 2011-April 2011) 5.2L - 98k, Stock - Totaled
[COLOR="Tan"][B]96 ZJ Laredo[/B][/COLOR](April 2011-August 2012) 4.0L - 138k, Cowl Intake, Rancho 9000 Series, 2" Spacers, 31" Baja MT Widetracks - Sold[/SIZE]

Unread 06-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #534
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thats what I bought it for haha and I got video coming to prove it. Stay tuned hopefully be done with it by the end of the week
Unread 06-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #535
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Heres some pictures off dads camera where I broke and on the tow truck.

Basically shaft snapped up the trail, I backed down but with 1 wheel drive, I couldnt control much and went up the wall and the one tire came off the ground and I had to have the wrecker pull me back and in the process, the jeep fell into a hole and layed into the wall.

Had to stand on the brakes so it wouldnt roll, tow truck guy hooking me up

They found the other part of the shaft

Mom trying not to eat dirt when we were on the wall haha

Unread 06-26-2013, 05:09 AM   #536
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I really hope there's a video of you snapping the shaft.

Unread 06-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #537
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Unfortunately no, my dad had the go pro out the window and I snapped it then the front dug and sprayed the camera with mud but my dad accidently had it in picture mode so it didn't get it.

But heres the finished video, lots of funny mom reactions haha. Enjoy!

Watch in 1080p! My dads new camera is bad ***!
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #538
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

That video was bad ***!
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #539
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
That video was bad ***!
Thanks man!
Unread 06-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #540
aircruiser
gravity sucks

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Took the driveshaft out of my 96 since it will be getting custom front and rear driveshafts anyways, threw it in my 98. All is well

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.