Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 35 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #511
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser

My buddy actually is selling his 38s and I am considering it on this lift height haha. But I dont want to do 38s on a D30. Id say it all depends what you want, different strokes for different folks. After doing this hobby for a good 6 years now, I find I like my rigs low. I like the feeling of a low center of gravity, feels more stable off camber, not as tippy when crawling and less feeling of going over backwards on climbs. Plus it fits in the garage haha. Most guys I wheel with agree but some others say they like fender clearance, I have even heard the excuse they like it better a little higher because they feel it actually wheels better.

Thats just my 2 cents. I wasnt even going to do long arms but my LCA brackets were messed up from when the PO hit the ditch and I figure it replaces my flimsy stock crossmember. Any questions you got just ask, I will do my best to help anyone out
Yea I like low to I was thinking like 5 inch lift I just wanted a little advice. I have 3" leaf springs in the rear and ill probably get some 5" shackles so it will sit around 5" in the back. And I'm going with leaf springs up front so same deal.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Unread 06-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #512
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
So Can of worms time

Aren't you worried about the caster adjuster?

Sent from my xj
Not sure if trolling. If trolling then OMG YES its gonna turn to pixie dust first time it sees dirt and the jeep will taco and kill a short bus full of children while spontaneously combusting!

If not trolling then no, I am not. Never heard anyone having any problems with it besides one guy that was hit head on by a dump truck. And even then the caster adjuster bracket ripped off but the 10mm bolt just bent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9 View Post
Yea I like low to I was thinking like 5 inch lift I just wanted a little advice. I have 3" leaf springs in the rear and ill probably get some 5" shackles so it will sit around 5" in the back. And I'm going with leaf springs up front so same deal.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
That sounds like a good plan to me, my plan when I do a leaf sprung front is to run XJ stock leafs in the front with maybe a 2.5" AAL and some extended shackles. I like the way the stock leafs flex. I am assuming you meant 2" shackle and not 5"
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #513
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser

Not sure if trolling. If trolling then OMG YES its gonna turn to pixie dust first time it sees dirt and the jeep will taco and kill a short bus full of children while spontaneously combusting!

If not trolling then no, I am not. Never heard anyone having any problems with it besides one guy that was hit head on by a dump truck. And even then the caster adjuster bracket ripped off but the 10mm bolt just bent.
Ah I was wondering do to you working for iro.
I think I'm going to go with building some lowers I'm at roughly 4 inches of lift but I don't know if I want to go with radius arms. Or if it'd be even worth is

Sent from my xj
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #514
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Haha yeah sorry I couldnt tell if you were trolling or not. In all seriousness though I am not worried at all. Before I worked at IRO I beat the living piss out of my red 2 door with the IRO long arms and never had one problem. I torqued all the bolts to spec and ran it. I jumped the damn thing god knows how many times, sometimes on purpose sometimes on accident. Most of the time it would be from blasting through parking lots in snow storms (young and dumb) and finding the oh so cleverly hidden curb. Worst was flying through what I thought was a vacant parking lot at 40 and hit a good 6" tall curb. Launched the jeep straight up my head hit the steering wheel to hard it knocked me out for a couple seconds. It broke a ball joint but everything else was cherry. I never heard about people questioning the 10mm bolt until I started working at IRO. I thought it was a joke since thats what people that wheel short arms use since thats stock UCA bolt size and you cant go any bigger without using different bushings. Again, I run other parts not just IRO so I am not brand loyal and if I see a better part, I will run it. But I have been running IRO parts in all my rigs and never had any problems so I stick with what I trust. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and thats 100% A-ok with me I am not going to bash or hate on you for choosing something different.

As for radius arms, I am sure you have been over to pirate to see what people do. Since I have been searching long and hard for an HP44/9" and not being able to tell if the radius arm brackets are cast or welded, I had thought about running radius arms but I think I am going to just do leafs unless I find a steal on some air shocks or coilovers when it comes time. Its gonna be a ***** cutting those brackets off but it is what it is. Radius arms would be different but I dont see a huge advantage of them
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:55 PM   #515
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Just saw that you installed the gauge cluster. Happy with it? That is the original from my XJ. I replaced it, because I thought it was busted. Turned out that the PO just installed the speedo gear incorrectly. After I fixed that I was just too lazy to swap the original gauge cluster back in.
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:26 PM   #516
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Haha nice dude yeah I am happy with it, I even took a screw driver and turned back the mileage to what my 96 originally had Thanks again
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #517
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke95 View Post
So Can of worms time

Aren't you worried about the caster adjuster?

Sent from my xj

Dude, he works for IRO, he can't say he is worried about it!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #518
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hah in all honesty if I was I wouldn't lie, I make the same amount of money either way
Unread 06-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #519
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

All signed up for an event this weekend. The park jeep dealership is having an event in dresser so taking the black jeep out there for that. Gotta get that thing all ready, might swap a new radiator in the tow pig but got the CB in and antenna on and I was going to do one LED whip on the white jeep one LED whip on the black jeep but I stuck them both on the truck, big pimpin!

Unread 06-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #520
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Wonder how long it'll take you to get pulled over for that.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #521
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I actually passed a cop last night and he was looking and gave me the thumbs up, I am gonna put the switch in the cab tonight. Damn mosquitos were eating me alive last night so after running the wires I just put the switch under the hood.
Unread 06-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #522
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

get me an iro discount pls
Built Not Bought #704
Unread 06-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #523
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

If I had a nickle..haha, but seriously not much I can do, I think right now they might be doing a deal on half price shipping or something, I have seen some invoices come through with half price shipping. Dont quote me on that tho.

Drove down to glencoe (about an hour away) today to sidco4x4, he had an open carrier for an 8.8 for $25. Some big **** down there

Got back to the shop, got old carrier bearings off, pressed new ones on and bolted on 4.88 ring gear. Would do more but being sick sucks One step closer to being done tho

Unread 06-20-2013, 04:47 AM   #524
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Holy christ that YJ.
Built Not Bought #704
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #525
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah it looked like it was on a military frame and D70s or something like that, thing was rediculous

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.