Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 06-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #496
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thats kind of what im thinking, its a blue on top and blueish green under that one. I think, lol dont remember now.

Mocked up bumper, gonna be a ***** making it fit but worth it. Its drying now, gonna bring the winch in tomorrow, put it in and see if I can get the damn thing to fit.

Also my trail gear limiting straps showed up, very thick and high quality. I gotta loosen the bolts they dont move freely now but mount perfect and perfect length! My rig has 36" from tire to ground..not bad

More to come

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #497
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

damn that is nice work and the bumper looks damn good.

a white fairlead would look tits.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #498
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hell yeah unfortunately I am only really limited to using a hawse fairlead with this setup since most fairleads mount in the middle. I have to see what will fit but I will probably have to go with an ARB fair lead.

I got the bumper in, It sucked. When the guy hit the ditch in the jeep, it bent the bumper in and wrapped the bracket 180 degrees so I had to bend that back and it still wasnt straight. I got all the bolts on the drivers side in but gave up at midnight, I will do the rest tomorrow. I also forgot my winch hook at home. Next pain in the *** is extending all the wires for the solenoid. I am going to do a cowl induction intake and mount the solenoid for the winch where the intake was.

Taco time:

Putting this hear so I remember where all the wire goes. You ****ers can just look at it if you want.

How the winch sits

Bumper on

All the wires are just tucked under out of the way of the fan but heres how much room I have, barely any!

Ill try to get better pics tomorrow
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #499
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

look really beast man .. love it
Unread 06-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #500
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I stopped by the shop today as checked out your xj wasn't sure if you were there don't see the dak had to get some jam nuts but man it's way sicker in person and the shop looks great k walked in the old main entrance forgot about the addition looks awesome ����
Pre5tig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #501
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project1 View Post
look really beast man .. love it
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre5tig3 View Post
I stopped by the shop today as checked out your xj wasn't sure if you were there don't see the dak had to get some jam nuts but man it's way sicker in person and the shop looks great k walked in the old main entrance forgot about the addition looks awesome ����
Didn't see ya I had my dak parked out back by the back of the shop its hidden haha. Thanks man you were close I was in the shop surprised I didn't see you. When were you down?

As for the jeep, heres some day time pics of it, had to make sure limiting straps worked and cleared everything.

Unread 06-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #502
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

Don't forget to put a cage in this one :P
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #503
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah that will come eventually haha but it wont be done in time for the crawl so hopefully LCOG is on my side
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:15 AM   #504
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser
Yeah that will come eventually haha but it wont be done in time for the crawl so hopefully LCOG is on my side
Let's hope lol.
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #505
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah I was working out of town in fairmont and took 169 up so I decided to stop by it was around 1 I would say man I was drooling over your front axle and bumper.
But I'm going to try and make it for crawl for cure with my cousin just rebuilding the silverados motor so I can tow with it up there.
Pre5tig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #506
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
Let's hope lol.
Fingers crossed man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre5tig3 View Post
Yeah I was working out of town in fairmont and took 169 up so I decided to stop by it was around 1 I would say man I was drooling over your front axle and bumper.
But I'm going to try and make it for crawl for cure with my cousin just rebuilding the silverados motor so I can tow with it up there.
Ah gotcha I was probably out at lunch then. Rear axle hopefully in in the next 2 weeks, I just gotta order all the brake parts. Hope you can make it up its a blast!
Unread 06-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #507
JeepSpeed18
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well I guess me calling her the wife will be for real here soon.

Also the Jeep looks badass man. I hope mine looks like that someday.

engaged-.jpg
_\_/==== |; _\\ \\_|;
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

96 Jeep Cherokee 4" lift with 32" KM2's
94 Jeep Cherokee 3" lift with 29's!

JEEP Just Empty Every Pocket my life moto. :)

White Jeep Club Member #109

Jessie The Jeep (lots of pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
But yeah my 4.0 has been hydrolocked twice, ran upside down for 7 seconds it still keeps coming back for more. its like that crazy ex-girlfriend that just wont quit..but unlike her, its a good thing haha
JeepSpeed18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #508
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If you were going to run 37s, what lift would you go with? 36s are close but I still don't know what size I wana go with and you seem to know your **** lol

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 06-16-2013, 01:53 AM   #509
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepSpeed18 View Post
Well I guess me calling her the wife will be for real here soon.

Also the Jeep looks badass man. I hope mine looks like that someday.

Attachment 638240
Congrats mang! Me and my current girly are getting our place here soon, were getting her moms house while we look for our own just helped her mom move today (downside to owning a pickup truck). Were gonna see how it goes we have spent week long stretches on wheeling trips and such being together but never living together and doing all the good stuff like that so if it goes well, I might pop the question eventually. Atleast a year, no way I am putting my name on a house with her without being a married so maybe it will get us a better place since just me owning a place I cant get anything over $80k right now unless we were buying together.

And thanks all in due time! Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahar9 View Post
If you were going to run 37s, what lift would you go with? 36s are close but I still don't know what size I wana go with and you seem to know your **** lol

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
My buddy actually is selling his 38s and I am considering it on this lift height haha. But I dont want to do 38s on a D30. Id say it all depends what you want, different strokes for different folks. After doing this hobby for a good 6 years now, I find I like my rigs low. I like the feeling of a low center of gravity, feels more stable off camber, not as tippy when crawling and less feeling of going over backwards on climbs. Plus it fits in the garage haha. Most guys I wheel with agree but some others say they like fender clearance, I have even heard the excuse they like it better a little higher because they feel it actually wheels better.

Thats just my 2 cents. I wasnt even going to do long arms but my LCA brackets were messed up from when the PO hit the ditch and I figure it replaces my flimsy stock crossmember. Any questions you got just ask, I will do my best to help anyone out
Unread 06-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #510
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

So Can of worms time

Aren't you worried about the caster adjuster?

Sent from my xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.