Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 32 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-02-2013, 09:05 AM   #466
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Haha yeah I know how those late nights can be I'm going t have to make a drive down to iro and see your xj in person and maybe buy some goodies I'm wanting to see the clocking tool.

Pre5tig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #467
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds good man I will be there and so will the jeep. Tits is going into storage today I got a storage spot I put the trailer and leave the jeep on it. I am going to be working on the 8.8 this week
Unread 06-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #468
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Tits is going into storage for the next 2 weeks so all my focus will be on high roller. AVF is june 16 so I will be pulling it out of storage, wheeling the piss out of it and back in storage it goes. Still trying to figure out an idea for fitting my tent on the trailer but other than that, were ready for AVF.

Ignore all the tires in the bed, I only drove a couple blocks to drop them at the recycling.
Unread 06-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #469
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey guys and gals, I know everyone is strapped for cash as am I and I am not trying to spam, more or less get the word out but we are doing an event in july called the Crawl 4 the Cure. Its an event held in Gilbert for MS research, all drivers have to raise atleast $250 to run, weve done this event in the past and its always fun and for a good cause. It will also be the first run out for my white jeep. If youd like to donate, any amount is greatly appreciated! Here is a link to our donation

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=20437

Thank you all so much!
Unread 06-04-2013, 04:18 AM   #470
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Gonna donate after I get paid thursday, my mom has MS so I know the feeling.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #471
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks bud! I am really sorry to hear that Its a horrible disease but they are getting closer and closer to finding a cure! My girlfriends long time friend of her moms has it too and she seems to be doing alright. Come on up if you wanna wheel with us! Everyone is always welcome!

Got a little more done to the white one tonight as well. Got the passengers side front almost welded up for floors, Drivers front almost done too, then its on to attacking the back floors. I also put in doetsch tech shocks for the front the other night too. Did the shocks for an 8" lift, they bumpstop perfect and more than enough down travel. They would let the coil fall out for sure but I am ordering some trail gear limiting straps. I measured tonight for the straps:

full bump

Unread 06-05-2013, 06:14 AM   #472
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

If you weren't so far I'd totally consider it. Damn that thing flexes nice now. Definitely need straps though just in case.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #473
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Looks saweet what length shocks you plan on running in the rear?
Pre5tig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #474
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
If you weren't so far I'd totally consider it. Damn that thing flexes nice now. Definitely need straps though just in case.
Aint to far! Haha and yeah people said 4" and 36s dont flex well, thats how she will be! Little less in the back since I havent bumpstopped yet but thats how the front will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre5tig3 View Post
Looks saweet what length shocks you plan on running in the rear?
Thanks man not sure yet, was gonna do shock hoops but probably some shocks for a 6-7" lift out back for now.

Here is the ad my gf made for the C4C, came out awesome!

Unread 06-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #475
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

How's it feel to let her drive? Mine wants to and im skeered.

Sent from go home iPhone your drunk.
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #476
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Depends on her driving record haha, in all seriousness tho I have no issues. Long as shes willing to put in effort she can get seat time. There is a ladies run at the Crawl 4 the Cure so we will see how she does then. Its all black diamond trails for that run with no bypasses so if the white one goes over or breaks..it will be then
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #477
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser
Depends on her driving record haha, in all seriousness tho I have no issues. Long as shes willing to put in effort she can get seat time. There is a ladies run at the Crawl 4 the Cure so we will see how she does then. Its all black diamond trails for that run with no bypasses so if the white one goes over or breaks..it will be then
Pretty good on road. Never been offroad so I am kinda wondering... Also nice work with the white jeep

Sent from go home iPhone your drunk.
Luke95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #478
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks man shes coming along, still a ways to go, will be at the shop real late tomorrow night working on it. Finishing up the floors and I am going to try and get the track bar bracket moved forward. I am hoping to drag it home this weekend and bedline the inside. I am not to worried about my girl offroad, I will be spotting her the whole way through. My only concern is shes worried about looking stupid infront of alot of people so im hoping she doesnt jump the gun or something on an obstacle. She only really likes driving through easily trails and doing whoops and hill climbs. Like forest trails and scenic trails. Rock crawling she wants me to do so I dont yell at her if she breaks something. Smart girl.

Also I thought this was cool, one of the guys on a local board got a news crew to come up to our wheeling spot where the C4C is being held and get some coverage on our hobby

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2013/0...he-iron-range/

Nice to have some good publicity!
Unread 06-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #479
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Track bar bracket moved forward, Moved it so the rear bolt hole now fits the front hole. Bolted it in, cleaned it all up and burned it in. Its not going anywhere now

Painting passenger fender and repainting header panel to match, got some color match paint hopefully it turns out nice. I didn't know it but its the same paint as my ZJ the stone white so I got a bunch of extra paint. That was a nice surprise.

Floors are getting there. Gotta run a couple stitches on the front pans where I had to extend the patches. Its ugly but does the trick. Found more rust in the back floor boards ugh.

Drivers front pan

Passenger front pan

What was a small hole turned into this under drivers seat

Passengers rear just gotta make one more patch here

Also did this while my buddy sam was burning in the track bar mount. I am going to make a piece to fit up under and then just do some stitch welds up the the fender and leave the top and front of the fender cut and folded. I will be extending the rear end back an inch so no worries hitting up front its just clearancing the back

Will be cleaning up that hopefully tomorrow and tacking the panel in. Hoping to finish floors tomorrow so I can tow it home and bedline the inside. Were not going to avf next weekend now so that frees up some money and time to get this ***** done!
Unread 06-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #480
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

lookin good dude. I'm dying to get my jeep back so I can start driving it again, and as funds allow do more work on it so I can wheel it.
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.