Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 12-20-2012, 08:10 PM   #211
RedTj01
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Florence, Arizona
Posts: 213
Awesome build! Can't wait to see it done!

__________________
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 Laredo 5.2
2013 Honda Civic Si
2010 Nissan Cube (Wife's Car)
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/red-tj-build-1127470/[/url]
RedTj01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #212
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre5tig3 View Post
Hopfully in 2013 ill get to go wheeling with you guys me and my cousin are planning a camping trip to the badlands mayish.
Hell yeah you got my number let me know. Which badlands? The off-road park or south dakota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTeunuch View Post
All this work just to wish you built a 44 the first time the pinion goes harakiri on you.


Just kidding dude, looks like you're making some good progress, keep it up!
Haha I almost scored a set of waggy 44s but the guy backed out. I figure I could polish up a D30 and get some miles out of it but I will be remembering this when it does. Weve got so many D30 spiders and ring gears with skipped teeth as paper weights around the office here lol.

And thanks man some progress is better than none!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTj01 View Post
Awesome build! Can't wait to see it done!
Thank you I am looking forward to it as well!
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #213
Pre5tig3
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Coon Rapids, Minnesota
Posts: 824
Thinking the park ill let you know for sure
__________________
91 XJ 5" 35s c4x4 winch bumper IRO long arms (The wheeler)
96 Volvo 850 t5 wagon
1969 c20
Pre5tig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #214
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,667
Got some work done on the 8.8 today. Now just gotta do the other side, weld the tubes, truss and spring perches.





__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #215
glen6251
Senior Member
 
glen6251's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pine Beach, New Jersey
Posts: 707
very nice build and story behind it, i cannot wait to see more
__________________
My build Thread - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/c.../#post14333391
glen6251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #216
pyrotyro
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Crawlorado
Posts: 1,078
Hey man, youve been making lots of changes! I like it!

Why are you putting so much work into the 8.8 and d30? Why not go bigger?
__________________
My Jeep story:Vanessa

My youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/MRpyrotyro
pyrotyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 01:05 AM   #217
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen6251 View Post
very nice build and story behind it, i cannot wait to see more
Thanks man, the jeep thing has definitly been a journey haha! But its something I cant get rid of. I have had a jeep to play with since I was 16 and havent been without one since. Almost did it when I almost sold the ZJ and bought the truck. But now I got the truck, the zj and an xj. Just need to sell the ZJ to progress faster on this xj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrotyro View Post
Hey man, youve been making lots of changes! I like it!

Why are you putting so much work into the 8.8 and d30? Why not go bigger?
Hell yeah dude thanks yeah took me 3 jeeps before just to figure out I might as well build everything and throw it in at once haha. I would go bigger but like everyone else, tons go for gold around here. I wouldnt consider these band aid axles, but they will get the job done until I find the right set of tonners. Its may look like alot of effort and coin but it isnt to bad. The D30 said and done will cost me around $500 with axle purchase, and the 8.8 will be about $400 with purchase. All those modded would run me what a king pin drivers drop HPD60 goes for around here. Those prices are including truss, sleeve kit, c-gussets, HD LCAs, spring perches, gears and re-doing the brakes.

But I wish I could go big the first time, I will be running 36s for the time being, D30 will be open, 8.8 spooled so I am hoping its not to bad. If I dont break first trip, I will consider an ARB haha.

Off-topicish but hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! I feel truly blessed for the family, girlfriend and her family that I have! My other hobby is R/C and although the girlfriend isnt 100% on it, she supports it and shows intrest and they all pooled together and got me this beauty!



Ofcourse I instantly started modding it. Put lights on the bumpers, moved the shocks back to lower it and gain flex, and threw on some IROKs I had laying around. The orange XJ is my crawler, its got more mods than I can think of right now but I made 95% of it myself so its on the cheap.











I also got new dual halo projector headlights for my truck, sledge hammers, lots of tools, new brakes for my truck, accessories for my tool box, a shore excursion from the gf for us on our cruise in january and lots of cool stuff. I was blown away and so grateful for all I have and praying every night for the less fortunate and our soldiers over seas.

Sorry, a little off-topic but I was blown away by it, hope everyone else had a Merry Christmas as well!!

Back to XJ stuff Should be picking up the tires for this project thursday
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #218
glen6251
Senior Member
 
glen6251's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pine Beach, New Jersey
Posts: 707
[QUOTE=aircruiser;14674413]Thanks man, the jeep thing has definitly been a journey haha! But its something I cant get rid of. I have had a jeep to play with since I was 16 and havent been without one since. Almost did it when I almost sold the ZJ and bought the truck. But now I got the truck, the zj and an xj. Just need to sell the ZJ to progress faster on this xj.



i hear ya man im 21 and ive had over 15 jeeps now since i was 17 its a hobbie that i know isn't ever going anywhere.
__________________
My build Thread - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/c.../#post14333391
glen6251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #219
pyrotyro
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Crawlorado
Posts: 1,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post


Hell yeah dude thanks yeah took me 3 jeeps before just to figure out I might as well build everything and throw it in at once haha. I would go bigger but like everyone else, tons go for gold around here. I wouldnt consider these band aid axles, but they will get the job done until I find the right set of tonners. Its may look like alot of effort and coin but it isnt to bad. The D30 said and done will cost me around $500 with axle purchase, and the 8.8 will be about $400 with purchase. All those modded would run me what a king pin drivers drop HPD60 goes for around here. Those prices are including truss, sleeve kit, c-gussets, HD LCAs, spring perches, gears and re-doing the brakes.
Oh nice! I guess working for IRO has its perks!! Well keep it up, the d30 should handle 36s pretty well. Ive beat on mine for years with 35s and never really done any damage (knock on wood).

Carry on
__________________
My Jeep story:Vanessa

My youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/MRpyrotyro
pyrotyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 12:04 PM   #220
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...
 
ibjeepin95's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
Glad to see you in another XJ man! Also good to see you are going lower. I'm at 3" and 35's and couldn't be happier. I've wheeled a few of my friends rigs that are tall and I hate how they feel. You will enjoy the new stance in many ways.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #221
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,667
[quote=glen6251;14675531]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
Thanks man, the jeep thing has definitly been a journey haha! But its something I cant get rid of. I have had a jeep to play with since I was 16 and havent been without one since. Almost did it when I almost sold the ZJ and bought the truck. But now I got the truck, the zj and an xj. Just need to sell the ZJ to progress faster on this xj.



i hear ya man im 21 and ive had over 15 jeeps now since i was 17 its a hobbie that i know isn't ever going anywhere.
Yezzir I almost bought a yota but the guy backed out. I have only had 4 jeeps but I have had about 15 vehicles total haha. I dont keep vehicles for very long but now that I am trying to find the right house, I have settled down. I think I will keep my truck for awhile and if anything, buy a little economy car or something to get to work and back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrotyro View Post
Oh nice! I guess working for IRO has its perks!! Well keep it up, the d30 should handle 36s pretty well. Ive beat on mine for years with 35s and never really done any damage (knock on wood).

Carry on
Hell yeah it does haha! I got a friend thats been running 36s on an HP30 and D44 rear and the only thing hes broke was a shredded ring gear in moab and he beats the piss out of it. I am not to worried but its always in the back of my mind. Every wheeling trip the bed of my truck is full of D30 shafts for me and friends so it wont change much LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Glad to see you in another XJ man! Also good to see you are going lower. I'm at 3" and 35's and couldn't be happier. I've wheeled a few of my friends rigs that are tall and I hate how they feel. You will enjoy the new stance in many ways.
For sure my old XJ on 8" and 35s was way to tall but I was young and dumb and just wanted the biggest vehicle in the parking lot haha. I plan to enjoy being low and I will have a suck down winch too to get me even lower so the plan is to stay rubber side down! But the exo cage will be there just incase!

I will keep you guys updated, if all goes well you will all get some pics of some tire porn tomorrow!
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #222
ibjeepin95
Your Jeep sucks...
 
ibjeepin95's Avatar
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Posts: 4,093
[quote=aircruiser;14677897]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen6251 View Post
Hell yeah it does haha! I got a friend thats been running 36s on an HP30 and D44 rear and the only thing hes broke was a shredded ring gear in moab and he beats the piss out of it. I am not to worried but its always in the back of my mind. Every wheeling trip the bed of my truck is full of D30 shafts for me and friends so it wont change much LOL
I know everyone says this, but I have beat on my HP30 and 8.25 29 spline fairly hard in the past year. The only thing I've broke so far (knock on wood) is a front 30 inner and outer shaft at the ears. Main reason for that was getting really throttle happy on a straight up, dry rock climb. The funny thing was, it wasn't really the shafts being the issue, but the u-joint cap worked loose and destroyed the ears.
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #223
CTeunuch
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sudbury, MA
Posts: 1,314
[quote=ibjeepin95;14678027]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post

I know everyone says this, but I have beat on my HP30 and 8.25 29 spline fairly hard in the past year. The only thing I've broke so far (knock on wood) is a front 30 inner and outer shaft at the ears. Main reason for that was getting really throttle happy on a straight up, dry rock climb. The funny thing was, it wasn't really the shafts being the issue, but the u-joint cap worked loose and destroyed the ears.
Full circles FTW
__________________
Think Twice Garage
"Yeah, that might work, pass me the grinder..."
94ZJ AX15/HP44/8.8/5.13's/35'' MTZ's SOLD
99XJ 4.0/AW4/HP30/8.25 build coming soon...
www.undergroundjeeps.net
CTeunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #224
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,667
Unfortunately know about that all to well..lol






EDIT: Nevermind I somehow got inner splines out of that. I need sleep.
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #225
aircruiser
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 9,667
Tire porn. Picked these babies up, 36x12.5x15 Super Swamper TSLs











Now comes the hunt for some rims..
__________________
1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
aircruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.