Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #196
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Im thinking that car you have in your garage?? And 4" 37s hello cut off wheel I like it!!

Pre5tig3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #197
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Nope thats dads car hes getting it running this spring. I picked up a 1990 mustang notch. No motor, no glass, not much of an interior, every body panel is a different color but I got a 351 I am building to a 383 and got a KB supercharger on trade for some tires so its gonna be a fun car! I got bit by the horsepower bug. Just put in HO cams, intake, new plugs and wires, and new manifolds on my truck, woke it up pretty good! Had to pick up the girlfriend tonight and decided to test out the camera on my new smart phone (got a droid last friday)

Camera records in 1080p! Keep in mind this is a lifted truck on 33s, not to shabby! Cant wait to get the 08 intake manifold on and headers in the spring. Then I can get the tuner and she will be good for about 300 horse atleast. Will keep me happy til the 5.7 hemi goes in

Unread 11-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #198
PurpleZJ
1996 ZJ 

Nice, I have less than stellar low end on my gmc because I'm running a dumped exhaust and the 5.3 has crap for low end torque. That motor shines in the higher rpms though and sounds sick with the side exit dump.
1996 ZJ- 4.0, [COLOR="Purple"]AX-15 5SPD/NP242[/COLOR], RE 4.5" lift, 36x12.50x16.5 Goodyear military surplus tires, Longarms/Tri-4 link/one ton axle build/swap in progress, arb bumper, a bunch of other goodies
1995 XJ- 4.0 HO, ax-15(stolen for swap), stock
2001 GMC Sonoma-RIP...
2002 GMC Sierra 1500 ECSB-roadtrip/long haul vehicle
[CENTER][COLOR="Blue"]RIP Troy (bigbluezj94) you wont be forgotten[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Purple"]December 2010 GCOTM[/COLOR]

5spd ZJ Club Member 001
[/CENTER]

[QUOTE=bddisi;6376248]Glad you are ok. If you were a cat, you would be down to 8.:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Greengc4x4;10782815]Everything looks great, Hellen Keller! :D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rritch;10960201]plastic + Fuel + Ignition = "Bubba wake up this is gonna be good" :rofl:[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Purple"]RIP William Anthony Kolich(DAD)
you were the best father i could have wished for. I'll always miss you
04/28/58-2/13/11[/COLOR][/CENTER]
PurpleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #199
ssquier92
2002 TJ Wrangler 

where the hell are you finding all these HP30's lol. I have been looking for some down here forever. . Thing is in florida though most xj's are 2wd so scrap yard has not much to offer.. Send some my way!
2002 TJ 3.25" RC lift, 1.25 BL, MML, 33X12.50 Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar, adjustable front trac bar, cut stock bumper, poison hood louver, B&M short shifter, chromoly rear axle shafts in the d44 4.88s Grizzly locker, Aussie locker up front in d30,10,500lb winch w/ synthetic rope, antirock, jcr sliders, savvy arms

Work harder, thousands of people on welfare are counting on you.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html[/URL]
ssquier92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #200
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
Nice, I have less than stellar low end on my gmc because I'm running a dumped exhaust and the 5.3 has crap for low end torque. That motor shines in the higher rpms though and sounds sick with the side exit dump.
Yeah thats how mine was after I chopped the muffler off and dumped it under the passengers seat. I couldnt even spin them. In the vid that was about half a second of brake torque and it started spinning them so I was like **** it and went with it haha. It spun both too and left some nice marks..whoops. Guess the LSD clutches arent as worn as I thought. Thats how the 4.7 is too, torque is to be more desired but shines in the high rpms. The 5.7 will be the best of both worlds! My buddy pat, redhatman on here, and I lined up my truck on stock gears and 33s against his 5.9 ZJ on 35s and 4.88s and he had me off the line pretty good but freeway pulls we stayed pretty even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquier92 View Post
where the hell are you finding all these HP30's lol. I have been looking for some down here forever. . Thing is in florida though most xj's are 2wd so scrap yard has not much to offer.. Send some my way!
Everywhere haha, theres one on my local board out of a 97 cherokee complete for $100. Pay shipping and the 94 housing I stripped is yours if you want it. I just upgraded to the 98 housing. Funny how its opposite here, a co-worker was at the junkyard looking for wj knuckles for his xj and found a 2WD WJ at the yard. None of us had ever seen that before haha.

Got my upper control arm flex end in. IRO proto-type part, 3 co-workers are running them with no problems so I figured what the hell, pics to come, hoping to get the truss welded on tomorrow and I am going to sleeve the inner axle too.
Unread 12-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #201
bigdog101

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
Will keep me happy til the 5.7 hemi goes in
What is this you speak of?
bigdog101 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2012, 12:37 AM   #202
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thats on the list if I keep the truck. 5.7 uses the same 545FE transmission my truck has and just need a plug and play wiring harness, make some motor mounts and clearance the oil pan for the cross member and I am good to go. Even works with my gauges in the dash!
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #203
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Alright slow going here, me and the girl got a cruise coming up in january so my mind is more focused on that then anything else and were in the middle of remodeling my parents bathroom as a Christmas present from us but I found time tonight to stay late with my friend at work and he welded up my tubes on the D30 which is a long process of heating up and welding the cast housing to the tubes. But now that thats done, tomorrow the truss can go on and I am doing the inner axle sleeve kit too. I am also going to put a loop or something on the truss for my suck down winch. My biggest problem with my old jeep was the suspension unloading on really off camber stuff. So on this one I am going to make a mount on the passengers frame rail and run an atv winch to pull down the front end.

Tubes welded

Also put this in, IRO prototype flex end UCA bushing.

While my buddy was welding, I cut off the sway bar mounts and leaf perches off my 8.8, set a bunch of paper towels covered in diff oil on fire..that was fun

Ordering a spool for the 8.8 soon and 4.88 gears for the 8.8 and D30 too
Unread 12-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #204
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I know youd rather see pics of the jeep but the axles are slowly coming along. Money is tight for Christmas and the cruise coming up but after that, should be in the clear. Heres the truss my buddy welded on tonight, gonna design a suck down winch mount I gotta check oil pan clearances first but after that, sway bar mount and rest of track bar mount go on then gotta order up the 4.88s and clean up the 8.8.. slowly but surely.

Unread 12-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #205
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

The truss looks like a sweet lil bit of handiwork there!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Enter your jeep in the ROctober Cherokee Of The Month contest!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #206
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Its iron rocks new box truss its pretty sweet! It replaces the sway bar mounts, coil buckets and shock mounts. Only downside is it adds lift which since I am going with an LCOG rig, kind of sucks but I will make due, especially with the suck down winch. But the truss moves the coil buckets back and raises the shock mounts for clearance so it will help with the coils bowing when I stretch the front end. The rear is also getting stretched with a spring flip so I have been designing my cut and the inner fenders for when I do that since I will have to make my own wheel wells basically. It will get interesting! Next up are the c-gussets, inner axle sleeves and welding the truss on the 8.8 and spring perches and then I get to start on the actual jeep!
Unread 12-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #207
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Looks awesome man cant wait to see this on the jeep!
Unread 12-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #208
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

You and me both man haha, hopefully by spring. If all goes well new years eve I will get some time in to work on the xj itself.
Unread 12-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #209
Pre5tig3
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Hopfully in 2013 ill get to go wheeling with you guys me and my cousin are planning a camping trip to the badlands mayish.
Unread 12-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #210
CTeunuch
1999 XJ Cherokee 

All this work just to wish you built a 44 the first time the pinion goes harakiri on you.

Just kidding dude, looks like you're making some good progress, keep it up!
99XJ 4.0/AW4/HP30/8.25 build coming soon...
www.undergroundjeeps.net
CTeunuch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.