Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 09-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #151
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Stay tuned for Pepper 2.2 - Return of the Zombie jeep!!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Vote here NOW in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #152
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Haha hell yeah man right now its a body, dash, engine and trans and thats all im starting with. I wont really update til I start building stuff. Finding axles soon and putting my lift in layawat til I pay it off
Unread 10-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #153
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ok well plans changed again, I bought another xj. I was cruising CL and an ad popped up for a 96 xj for $500. He had hit a ditch, bent the LCA and UCA on passengers side, but the unibody and body are still straight. Air bag went off but I am just gonna put on an aftermarket steering wheel. Got it for $300 so will be much easier than figuring out everything with the old jeep.

He has a front clip for it too but I think I might sell it and get a 97+ clip. I will be picking it up soon, not sure where I am gonna store it but I will figure something out lol.

Plans are 5" long arm lift, HP30 built/built 8.8, 4.56s, 35s or 37s, yadda yadda, build will start more soon as I sell the ZJ so someone buy the ZJ!
Unread 10-08-2012, 05:41 AM   #154
bigdog101

I thought you traded the zj?
bigdog101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #155
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I did but I got it back haha. I now got rid of the clunk, had a weird hesitation so took apart the transmission and freshened it up, now shes back on the market. No idea where I am gonna put the new xj when I get it though.
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #156
tofuzeppelin

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nice find man. Glad to see your back.

WTB TJ hard top, let me know what cha got
tofuzeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:40 AM   #157
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Good to be back and thanks man yeah I can not wait to hit the trails again. Especially now that I can trailer the jeep to and from the trail. I have a radiator for it now too and a front fender plus I am buying an HP30 and 8.8 off a buddy so axles will be going under it soon too. Hoping to have it driveable soon enough
Unread 10-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #158
XJ_Renegade
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I look forward to this, as your past builds have never failed to impress me.
[COLOR=White] White Jeep Club Member #108 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]R.I.P. Troy Edwards[/COLOR]

My Build Thread: [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/99-xj-project-arctic-wolf-1126101/"]Project [color="white"]Arctic Wolf[/color][/URL]
XJ_Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #159
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I will try not to let you down Going to pick her up tomorrow. I am going in to work early so I can get off early and go pick it up at a decent time. Got 2 donuts and my my ZJ spare to throw on it for now. Pics to come tomorrow.
Unread 10-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #160
bigdog101

You can make room for the xj by giving the zj to me?
bigdog101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #161
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yes!!!!
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #162
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog101 View Post
You can make room for the xj by giving the zj to me?
Yeah man no problem I will trade you for 450 $100 bills!

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
Yes!!!!
Yeah buddy I am officially back and now I have a build just like yours cause I picked up this one for $300 hahaha.

Almost mine. Paid the guy, brought it home and now just gotta transfer the title tomorrow but its in my driveway now. Went out and got it after work and towed it home with my dak. The truck loves pulling it. I feel it a little but does 65 on the freeway like a cake walk. Surprised me, hopefully it feels the same way with 600 more lbs of armor and tires haha

Got stuck in traffic on the way out. Let me tell you how much it is pulling a tandem in minneapolis rush hour..

Ready for home. I was wondering how I was gonna get it on the trailer, didnt think it would really drive with the missing LCA on the pass side but drove her right on up! She starts and runs fine and with a new axle, she will be able to DD if I want to

Heep

Completely clean rockers

Yay more traffic

Here she is at home. The guy I bought it from had hit a ditch which bent both passenger side control arms and shoved the tire into the floor. Frame is completely straight though, lower rad support took a hit but it came with a front fascia so all I have to do is get a fender and windshield (his head hit the windshield and cracked it).

But I am getting an HP30/8.8 combo next week and my lift is already half paid off (6.5" IRO long arm w/ OTK).

Here are the plans

-IRO 6.5" lift, long arms, 5.5" leafs, 1" shackle, doetsch tech 8000 shocks, no sway bars, braided extended brake lines
-HNT SYE, new seal flange, custom driveshafts
-HPD30, c-gussets, inner sleeve kit, IRO truss, 4.88 G2 gears, riddler cover, IRO HD LCA mounts, 760x u-joints with almost alloys, ARB air locker down the road
-8.8, IRO truss, HD u-bolt plates, 4.88 G2s, aussie locker, riddler cover
-35" Interco TrXus M/Ts or something similar
-IRO OTK steering and possibly hydro assist

-CAGE!!! <-- Most important part. After seeing how much a slow roll crushed my a-pillar, I dont even want to know what a heavy tumble would do. Thinking of doing a hybrid cage right now but havent decided. Also debating on doing some IRO sliders or cutting out my rockers and doing boat sides.

Either way, stay tuned, hoping to get it done by spring in time for some wheeling.
Unread 10-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #163
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
Yeah buddy I am officially back and now I have a build just like yours cause I picked up this one for $300 hahaha.
I'd love a new slate to start all over again with. Can't wait to watch this. Maybe your progress will help motivate me finish mine up. Lots to do.
Unread 10-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #164
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah i was gonna rebuild my 2 door but i couldnt pass this deal up. Plus 2 more doors will be nice but more of a paint to build the cage around haha. What you got left to do on yours?
Unread 10-11-2012, 03:05 AM   #165
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

just a bunch of small stuff. I can PM you all the details tonight. I don't want to clutter up your thread with it all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.