Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0 - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project HIGH ROLLER aka pepper 2.0

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #136
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

instead of parting it, buy another xj and swap the parts over, then sell and scrap whats left.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #137
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I disagree.... just part it out and buy a cheap as hell XJ. I'm talking $500-$1000. You can fix whatever is wrong with it and then just do a few minor upgrades. Run 31's ....MAYBE 33's. That will let you still get out there and do some wheeling and keep it as your DD. It should leave you with enough $$ to pick up a used ATV as well. Best of both worlds.

I know all about financial issues.... how do you think I ended up over here again I'm working on getting out of debt and making sure I'm never in this position again.
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #138
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blacksmith View Post
instead of parting it, buy another xj and swap the parts over, then sell and scrap whats left.
yeah i was gonna sell the grand and do that but after driving a grand, i could never DD an xj again lol. all the creature comforts, the luxury and the room just makes me not want to go back haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
I disagree.... just part it out and buy a cheap as hell XJ. I'm talking $500-$1000. You can fix whatever is wrong with it and then just do a few minor upgrades. Run 31's ....MAYBE 33's. That will let you still get out there and do some wheeling and keep it as your DD. It should leave you with enough $$ to pick up a used ATV as well. Best of both worlds.

I know all about financial issues.... how do you think I ended up over here again I'm working on getting out of debt and making sure I'm never in this position again.
for sure man i almost bought that $300 xj but i didnt. i kind of want to find a cheap V8 grand and make that a wheeler. but an xj would be a more practical beater. right now i think im gonna part the xj, use some of the money to buy 4.5" coils, bilstiens and long arms for the grand and put the rest towards student loans. i hear ya on debt. im paying student loans and now have to pay for 4 fillings for my teeth, paying for getting my wisdom teeth pulled and possibly braces.

but im still in the jeep thing. the zj is coming along great, check the build in the sig
Unread 08-07-2011, 10:54 PM   #139
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I hear ya about not wanting to DD the XJ anymore. After I picked up my '99 Durango with leather interior and 5.9L V8 I'd have a hard time going back to the '92 POS XJ That's why the XJ is the beater now and the bikes and Durango will be the DD's. I only paid $2k for the Durango though .... hahahahahah
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #140
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

lucky *** haha i came so close to buying a $1500 98 5.9 grand but it needed a tcase, rear end, VIC work, hatch was stuck closed, hatch was rusty, paint flaking off both bumpers, interior was dirty and it needed exhaust work. who knows maybe one day the zj will be the wheeler and ill have a truck to tow it haha
Unread 11-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #141
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well, I figure some closure is necessary.

Unread 11-07-2011, 03:48 PM   #142
CTeunuch
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like it's buggy time
99XJ 4.0/AW4/HP30/8.25 build coming soon...
www.undergroundjeeps.net
CTeunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #143
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Haha I wish! It definitly would be if houses, gas and college was cheaper!
Unread 11-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #144
pyrotyro
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
Haha I wish! It definitly would be if houses, gas and college was cheaper!
I hear ya man, I find it hard to justify putting money into the heep, I dont want to neglect the things that are truly important to me.

If you want to get into quads, do it! Theyre a different kind of fun, being able to go fast and anywhere you want. And the zj would be perfect to pull a small trailer! You can always get back into jeeps again later

My youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/MRpyrotyro
pyrotyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:18 PM   #145
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hah was thinking about it but I don't have the money right now. I was looking to get into them when I was going to buy a truck haha. But yeah I know what you mean I am going to talk to a co-worker tomorrow about building bumpers for the ZJ haha
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #146
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
yeah i was gonna sell the grand and do that but after driving a grand, i could never DD an xj again lol. all the creature comforts, the luxury and the room just makes me not want to go back haha
After owning and driving a zj, loaded. I'm glad to go back to the xj, I still feel its an upgrade. I just kind of felt like it was a mid sized van in my zj, even tho it was lifted 3'' on 31's with a locked rear. It just wasn't for me.

I was sitting in the floor of my xj (seat not installed yet lol) earlier, just backing it into the garage (second time in 2 days its ran, and the first 2 times in over a year before that lol) and just felt better than I did driving my zj.

Idk hard to explain. I'm a fan of creature comforts too, but I greatly perfer the xj (I never thought I would as an xj guy I started falling in love with zjs til I had one, then I was like ehhhhhh)

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #147
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I hear ya I will agree the XJ feels much more "Jeep" like with the harsh ride, boxy look and rugged feel. Not saying that in a bad way, the ZJ does seem more van like being so big and plasticy on the outside with plastic bumpers, but hopefully taking care of that soon haha. My plan for the ZJ is steel bumpers, adjustable control arms, more armor and better shocks and DD it until I can afford something to DD and make the ZJ a winter rig and off-road mostly.
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #148
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

What ever happen to the XJ??
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #149
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

She got stripped and parted. I needed the money but it all worked out. My ZJ is up for sale, I got a truck now and I don't need a fully loaded luxury vehicle for off-roading lol. Plus it's pushing the towing limits of my truck with a 1,500lbs. trailer. $3,000 of what I get for my ZJ is going into student loans and what is left over is going towards another XJ. Plan is to buy a cheap cherokee, 3.5-4.5" lift, built HP30/built 8.8, 36" IROKs, skidded up, built to wheel. I will start that build in this thread.
Unread 09-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #150
aircruiser
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Dont wanna get everyones hopes up but right now, looks like pepper 2.0 is going back together. I thought about it and I am building probably a dual tcase setup for an xj, axles and suspension and caging the next one so I was like ****, why not save money and do it to my current one. So I am probably hauling it back down in the spring to start on it. For now, I am combing craigslist for an axle setup, might just stick with an HP30 and 8.8, who knows. Either way, now that I have a job where I can fab up stuff, I am excited to start on it. But cash is tight right now since I am saving up for a cruise I am going on in january with the gf and her mom.

Thats all for now

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.