Project: Ground up - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project: Ground up

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #16
mallard15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That sounds like an awesome plan. I love that mj. The green just pops and yea I wouldn't like having fiberglass panels either.

Yukon 4.10 R&P Gears Set (300$) PM me
mallard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #17
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

This is what I have planed for the bed of the truck. The idea actually came from the Ultimate F150 that Petersen's built for the 2011 Ultimate Adventure.

Take one long bed:

Drill out all the pinch welds and remove the bedsides. This will allow me to make my welds thoroughly in and outside of the bed when it's going back together, as well as take care of the little bit of rust thats in there.
The section to come out of the front

Section out of the rear

For the bedsides I'm only going to make one cut, about a 28" section out of the middle(thats an estimate, not going to cut the bedsides until after the bed had been cut down, and remeasure). I'll cut the section out, then tac weld the two back together, cut my new wheel well opening, then finish the weld.

This is all that will be visible of the factory bed sides once I get the flairs on

I think the whole corner is going to come together nicely

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #18
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Also, I have made a few changes to the engine "recipe". Rather than going through all the hassle of converting the Jeep over to OBD1 or OBD2, I've decided to simplify things and build it to run on propane. My choice to run E85 was based on the idea that I would be building a TJ, with an existing OBD2 system to plug into, since I have nether OBD1 or 2 to start off with now, Propane makes sense.

I'll be switching to a carbureted style intake manifold, designed for the 4.0L head, from Clifford Performance, carburated type distributor, and tentatively, the conversion kit from gotpropane.com. I still need to call them and ask a few questions, both about the kit, and a few general questions about propane in general(octane rating, approx range per forklift sized tank, ect). No need for a new engine wiring harness, gage cluster(or dash if OBD2), injectors, ECU tune, fuel pump, fuel cell, etc.

Quote:
Penis inches...
Unread 08-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #19
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I still think you should leave the MJ be, but I'm there to wrench whenever you finally start.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #20
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well the High Performance Engines class I signed up for in spring has been canceled for the semester, as well as another class I was supposed to take, and I just found out about a half an hour ago. Too late for me to sign up for any classes to fill the gaps in my schedule, and for me to e considered a full time student, effectively cutting my "income" from my GI Bill in half. would have been nice to have been notified about that, rather than finding out wen I checked my schedule to see what class I have tomorrow night(I don't have class now, by the way).

No engine build untill ateast January now. Guess that gives me some more time to collect parts.

Quote:
Penis inches...
Unread 08-22-2011, 01:45 AM   #21
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 08-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #22
JJeeper09
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Can't wait for this man
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:09 PM   #23
curt7088
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have a couple questions for ya if you don't mind... why a three link up front instead of a triangulated 4? ease of fabrication?
if your going through all the trouble you are obvisiouly doing so, why not a coilover setup, or maybe remote resi's? (front) and this looks like it's going to be quite the epic build, I will lay awake at night thinking of this build when i'm all alone inside my barracks room!
lol iam stealth like a 900 pound cat ha ha
curt7088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #24
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I should've never shown you that green MJ. I've opened up a can of worms.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #25
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt7088 View Post
I have a couple questions for ya if you don't mind... why a three link up front instead of a triangulated 4? ease of fabrication?
if your going through all the trouble you are obvisiouly doing so, why not a coilover setup, or maybe remote resi's? (front) and this looks like it's going to be quite the epic build, I will lay awake at night thinking of this build when i'm all alone inside my barracks room!
I've looked into a triangulated front when I had my XJ, and after talking with the guys on Pirate, it's just not worth the extra fab work needed to place everything in the right place, on top of having to go full hydro. I've got enough expenses in this as it is, I'm not trying to add hydro assist to that list, that can easily be added at a later time, same goes for coil-overs in the front, the cage work needed to support everything is more than I want to tackle right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
I should've never shown you that green MJ. I've opened up a can of worms.
It is all your fault.

Quote:
Penis inches...
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #26
curt7088
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRodHooligan View Post
I've looked into a triangulated front when I had my XJ, and after talking with the guys on Pirate, it's just not worth the extra fab work needed to place everything in the right place, on top of having to go full hydro. I've got enough expenses in this as it is, I'm not trying to add full hydro to that list, same goes for coil-oversJust not in the budget with my income right now.

It is all your fault.
thanks man i was just wondering about it is all...

p.s. i didn't even think about the full hydro that would come with... haha...
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #27
Xerxes
1999 TJ Wrangler 

this might help visualize the color.

|::Sahara Owner::|
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #28
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt7088 View Post
thanks man i was just wondering about it is all...

p.s. i didn't even think about the full hydro that would come with... haha...
It's cool. The amount of work it takes to put coil-overs in the XJ/MJs is pretty extensive, one unfortunate side effect of a unibody. Granted the "cab" section has a lot of bracing that the XJs don't, the front end still needs to be stiffened up a bit. Coil-overs are still an option, but it would be later down the line, after I get the bugs worked out of the current build phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
this might help visualize the color.
I'm still thinking about the Grabber blue, but since I've decided to build the MJ, I'm toying around with Molten Orange also, even though I would like to keep it a solid color, so I can spray it as a single stage paint for both cost and ease of touch up.

Quote:
Penis inches...
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #29
Xerxes
1999 TJ Wrangler 

cant see the pic? I see it but here's the link http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2169391430967&set=a.2169385390816.124152.1132162258

|::Sahara Owner::|
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #30
curt7088
2002 TJ Wrangler 

eye steel kant c it... darn DOD internet web filter!!!

Tags
4.7l stroker , 9" rear , back half , bobbed , comanche , custom , hanneman blister flares , hp44 , indyorv , manche , np231 hd hybrid case , propane injection , zone offroad mj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.