Project: Get in where you fit in TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project: Get in where you fit in TJ

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDTeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.com

Unread 07-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
xgerstandtx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Project: Get in where you fit in TJ

Previous serious wheeler: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-wagon-939083/

That's my credentials. I built it from the ground up and enjoyed every moment with the ol' girl. I sold her to pursue other life avenues, it paid off and I am now self employed after my transition from the Navy.

I am back in IA and loving being with my family, freinds, Mountain biking and riding BMX. I was missing something..... A wheeler. Wheeling around here is a bit of an odd mix of hill climbs, rednecks, mud and beat down wheeling rigs.

I stumbled across this 1997 TJ in a higher end city near where i live. It had reciepts for all the work. I felt odd buying a rig vs. building. But the money was better spent on the built TJ because a shop in Grand Junction CO built it all.

Specs as of 07-24-2013
1997 TJ(4.0, manual, 231 tcase)
Dana 30 ARB'd 4.10 gears
Dana 44 Rubicon 4.10 gears, locker/limited slip, disc brake
SYE Tom woods shaft not hack-n-tap
RE 3.5 full flex lift w/ track bars
Rusty's springs(appparently the RE's rode rough)
Warn m8000 older version
Unsure of build of front bumper(any insight on bumper/winch appreciated)
Sliders home brew from what i can tell, welll built
Rear bumper home brew, also well built
TJ rubicon wheels(5)
285(33'') Big o bigfoot tires
Rubicon fender flares
Rampage frameless top
Weird orange interior, It's growing on me. Previous owner spent a ton a ton of money to recover all seats.

ok
So here are some pics

So Let me know what you think, I believe this rig is going to get around well and be fun to have. It drives at 70 easily with the 4.10's. I love it.

Whidbey4x4.com
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
McNasty35
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The front and rear bumpers look like old style Garvin Wilderness Products to me. Really good stuff. I have their rear bumper, and racks.

Looks good. I dig the interior. Now you just need to get the exterior to match. There is a guy running the orange and Khaki color scheme here in Reno and it looks really good.
McNasty35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Looks like you joined the darkside Matt, welcome to the world of frames haha!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.