Project DD, '95YJ - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project DD, '95YJ

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 09-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #46
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Eleven years ago, 343 New York City Firefighters did their job and didn't go home. I am a Firefighter and I'm VERY proud of that and that I'm a veteran of the United States Marine Corps. I started jeepsandothers .com to sell some jeep parts, this is not a post to try and sell some parts. I would like everyone who reads this to think about what has happened over the past eleven years to our great nation that we live in. Don't think about the current political crap, think about our nations heroes in the armed services and our first responders. Think about those who went to serve our country and didn't come home, think about those who lost their life saving some one elses life. think about their families and those they left behind. I don't think I could give a flip less if you are dem. or repub. , black or white, Muslim or Christian, north or south, east coast or west coast,we are ALL AMERICANS!!!
I am proud of my calling as a firefighter
I am proud of my service to our country
I am proud to be from Alabama
I am proud of my family
I am proud to be an AMERICAN!!!!
God Bless you and the United States!!!!
9/11.....NEVER FORGET!!!

Firemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #47
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Well, It's been a while when I last posted last about ol' Double D
The motor is getting repaired and should be ready in a week or so, In the mean time I have cleared my basement out and put her in there,
Taken the hardtop off, the door hinges, hood hinges tailgate hinges..... all the exterior accessories are off.
Taken the seats out and doing some minor body repairs. plan on putting monstaliner inside the tub and redoing the brake rotors and drums.
While I have her in the basement im gonna do a better job on the frame, sanding and painting.
I'll try and get some pictures as soon as i can.
Unread 10-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #48
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Got the motor back on Thursday!!!!!

Gonna get her accessories put on and get ready to drop it in as soon as I can, school, work and family willing.
Still wanna get the interior done in Monstaliner but I wanna get her running and see how she's gonna do. I'm going into jeep withdrawals.
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #49
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Well guys, Murphey is an SOB. I was going pretty good on the ol' double D when sandy hit the northeast. I'm on a federal disaster medical team and I'm working in Long Island New York. I don't mind helping the good people up here, just part of my duty. I hope things get going better here for the people here. Was working on the motor getting all the stuff put on and getting her ready for installation, ill get it done when I get home. Please keep the people up here in your thoughts and prayers as the get things rolling again.
Unread 12-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #50
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Well, got the motor put in. Waiting on a throttle body spacer from eBay and some shocks I ordered. Ill try and get some pictures as soon as I can.
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #51
ldso
abidin'

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Congratulations on getting the 2.5 fixed buddy! So far mine has been very tough. I think if you keep fluids in it it will hang in there. I try to finesse my engines but the 2.5 you just have to flog to make it move the Jeep, especially with bigger tires. But it keeps on pulling. I used to run 34" Swampers with 4.10 gears, it was a lot of work for it.

Hope the hurricane stuff wasn't too bad, and thanks for doing your part!

measure zero times, cut eight or ten
ldso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #52
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Thanks Idso, I have new tires mounted on some stock rims i got for a good trade, I'm gonna be running 31's on the old girl, i figured those arent big or small should be just what i need. I'm sitting here at home sick with the flu waiting on the fedex guy to deliver new sky jacker shocks i ordered on friday. I'm gonn try and go down to the basement and take some up to date shots of her.
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #53
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Feeling pretty crappy this week, only got the front shocks and steering stabilizer installed. Still waiting on the TB spacer to get here I hope to get the engine all put back together ie. hook everything up, maybe by the first of next week, tried to do more but just got too feeling worse.
img_1715.jpg   img_1721.jpg  
Unread 12-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #54
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Well folks, I gotta come clean with all of you. In my last post, I said that I installed the front shocks and steeering stabilizer while I was sick. I did and didn't. I had my 7 year old son with me. I sat behind him and told him what to do. I gotta say, The little grease monkey did a pretty darn good job. Working on the ole DD Yj is fun for both of us, it's that dad and son time that I remember with my dad and I love ever second I have with my son. After the events that happened in Conn. today, I will never take any time with him for granted, ever. Saying an extra prayer for those families tonight and giving my son an extra hug before bed.
Unread 12-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #55
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

What we did today after I picked up Fletcher. my son, from school.
1. finished hooking up all the plugs and such
2. installed right front fender
3.hooked up the TB and air box
4. ran a new left front brake hose
5. made a list of things to do tomorrow

I'll try and get some pictures of the ole DD as soon as I can. I get to doing stuff and forget to take some.
Unread 12-15-2012, 03:30 AM   #56
demonz0
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Looks awesome so far! I've been there when I fixed up the 91 YJ with my dad. The 94 YJ was all me though! lol
Unread 12-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #57
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Thanks Demonz0
Well, didn't get as much done as I wanted to today. I did get the rear brakes done and rear shocks put on. And I did it alone, Fletch was with his paw paw today.
After I got those things done I was looking for a quick thing to do when I had the great idea of installing a Warrior diamond plate fuel tank cover i had sitting around. I started removing the bolts and broke both tank straps.....

So I just ordered some new ones and will get that done as soon as they come in.
I guess my day tomorrow will be spent fixing the old stock tank cover and painting the new diamond plate cover. I have a few other small thig I can do and as long as I have time tomorrow I 'll try and get those done. I 'll let yall know what gets done and will try and take some pictures.
Unread 12-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #58
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Well, put in a new fuel filter, removed the front track bar, tightened up the front sway bar, painted the new diamond plate tank cover and cleaned up a little so I can move around a bit easier in the basement. Gotta work tomorrow so back to work on the YJ on tuesday.
Unread 12-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #59
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Ok folks, Got the rear track bar OFF !!!!
That was a pain in the rear. Found and fixed a stripped bolt on the right front brake caliper. put the starter on and a little more cleaning up.
Unread 12-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #60
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Put the diamond plate tank cover on, the straps was waiting on me when I got home from school. so thats a done deal.
Put the rear drive shaft in with new U-joints.
Gotta work tomorrow so nothing till friday.
I did stop by a parts store and get a new belt and it was the wrong size so gotta swap it out friday morning.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.