Project DD, '95YJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project DD, '95YJ

USA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and AxleFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availab

Unread 03-21-2012, 07:40 AM   #16
firefighter315
I got a brain sneeze....

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The engine problem is right in front of your eyes....the little scissor jack is missing! Get that replaced and fire it up!

Have you figured out what is coating the side of the fan shroud? If it's fluids from a blown head gasket, I think I'd expect to see it on the top of the shroud too.

Unread 03-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #17
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

FF315, The oil dip stick is missing the top disk that seals it to the tube, from what I can see is's oil thats blown out of the tube. I am about to see what I need to pull the engine and I might get started on that either today or friday, i'm on shift Thursday.
As far as the jack goes, That was the first thing I tried when I got her home, dang thing still didn't crank. Thinking about putting new air in the tires and see if that will work, or a IAFF sticker in the back glass.
Firemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #18
firefighter315
I got a brain sneeze....

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemandan View Post
FF315, The oil dip stick is missing the top disk that seals it to the tube, from what I can see is's oil thats blown out of the tube. I am about to see what I need to pull the engine and I might get started on that either today or friday, i'm on shift Thursday.
As far as the jack goes, That was the first thing I tried when I got her home, dang thing still didn't crank. Thinking about putting new air in the tires and see if that will work, or a IAFF sticker in the back glass.
Just go ahead and add the sticker, take it with you to work, empty out a bay and have at it. You'll have a Sunday coming up and everyone knows firefighters don't do ANYTHING on Sundays. Plenty of time to work on the Jeep!
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:12 PM   #19
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Ok folks, I hooked up the fuel line and wanted to see what was up with that.
I primed the line and on the first hit, she fired up!!!!
sounded rough but she still fired up. I let it run for about 45 seconds and shut her down, but she fired on the first hit!!!!!ic kle:
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #20
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Exhaust system is shot. I have the pipes and everything needed to fix that just gotta get motor out and see what's up with the water in the oil.
Wish me luck guys!
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #21
Almighty90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Good luck with it!
Almighty90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:27 PM   #22
jrayzhunter
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome! Just cut a hole inthe floor board and peddle with your feet!
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #23
tobias94yj
Hillbilly Member

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I would seriously think about finding a low miles junkyard engine and do a swap before I thought about rebuilding that one. probably end up cheaper by the time you tear that one down and start finding all the internal problems that need to be fixed. have fun and welcome to the YJ world.
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #24
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrayzhunter View Post
Welcome! Just cut a hole inthe floor board and peddle with your feet!
Not a bad idea neighbor.
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #25
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobias94yj View Post
I would seriously think about finding a low miles junkyard engine and do a swap before I thought about rebuilding that one. probably end up cheaper by the time you tear that one down and start finding all the internal problems that need to be fixed. have fun and welcome to the YJ world.
I'm gonna let a buddy check it out and see just whats wrong with it. If we feel that a new engine is needed, then I'll be looking at the local yards to see whats out there. Thanks for the input.
Unread 03-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #26
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter315 View Post
Just go ahead and add the sticker, take it with you to work, empty out a bay and have at it. You'll have a Sunday coming up and everyone knows firefighters don't do ANYTHING on Sundays. Plenty of time to work on the Jeep!
lol, helped on a many engine swaps at the station on sundays.
Unread 03-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #27
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

ok guys, the motor is ready to be pulled. I have everything disconnected and tagged. I have a busy day tomorrow, Saturday, so I am planning on pulling it and loading it in the truck to take to my buddies Monday after work and let him see what he can do with it. While the motor is out I'm planning on cleaning the engine compartment up and take a real good look at the underside and get started on the minor body work that I want to take care of. I will be posting pictures of whats going on with the "DD" prodject. If anyone has any tips or pointers, I will be glad to listen.
Unread 03-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #28
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

engine is out!!!
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #29
Firemandan
1979 CJ7 

Dropped the engine off at my buddies shop on monday,he said he should be able to break into within 2 weeks. That gives me time to work on the body and the inside. Planning on taking everything out from the inside and prepping the floor for coating of some kind, keep in mind, this is gonna be a DD not a show type build so the cost of line-x is out of the question but I will spend a little on a good quality, DIY product. Any ideas?
Unread 03-28-2012, 05:55 AM   #30
deermjd
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Check out Monstaliner. I have not used it personally but it has great reviews and it costs under $150.
deermjd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.