Project college FUNd - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project college FUNd

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 02-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #91
LSU_TJ
TJ Wrangler 

Looking good.

Get the air issue worked out?

LSU_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #92
Nates93yj
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Subscribed Great build. I love the fenders
1993 Jeep Wrangler Nates93yj BuildSOLD
Nates93yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2010, 01:07 AM   #93
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

yeah, i moved the reg in front of the dryer and dropped the pressure to 60 psi. turns out the dryer is rated to 90 psi max so i think it was compressing the gel and restricting the flow. the hvlp manual says to spray between 10-20 psi and i was getting 25 psi to the gun so i was able to dial it in. everything sprayed much better and i was able to actually make continuous sprays.

thanks nate!
cgmrdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #94
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

fenders on, manifold replaced, hood pins installed... gonna wait to put the rockers on till the rears are installed but they are also cleared and ready to go.
flexed it out on some big stumps out by my place

not quite full bump... but darn close

time to get bigger tires...
Unread 02-24-2010, 10:00 PM   #95
BeepTheJeep

More pics bro!!!
BeepTheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #96
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

any specifics? im getting back to work on the rears this week so hopefully this weekend ill have it all completed... more updates soon!
Unread 03-02-2010, 11:00 PM   #97
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

couple more

hoop pin mount

under hood relocation again

and the rears skinned and bondoed

we finally got my buddys jeep driveable... weve been building this since sept. this was in 2wd (no front ds) so not even close to flexed to its full potential
96 XJ 38s HP44/FF60 Coil conversion rear w/ triangulated 4 link/ 3 link front

little better flex here
Unread 03-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #98
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

for those who are watching, if you like what you see do me a favor and crawl this thread, id like to get more people looking and more people commenting! Thanks!
Unread 03-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #99
cmnchesport

veryyy sickkkkk jeep man. . good job on all the fabricating
cmnchesport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #100
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

So, sorry Ive been slacking, theyve uped my ours at work (local fab shop) and by the time i get home im tired of fabricating lol so ive been slacking pretty hard. But last night i wanted to go something and was tired of sanding bondo so i decided to install my LED Tailights.

Brake light diff over stock

Reverse light over stock

the reverse lights are crazy bright! the difference when backing it the dark is literally night and day!

Heres a pic of the plug. The stock case is grounded so i have to run a seperate ground but the rest of the wires were spliced into the factory plug. i just cut the old plug off the stock light.

So heres both installed
Tail lights

Brake lights

Reverse lights... almost look like head lights lol
Unread 03-10-2010, 01:07 PM   #101
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

those arnt headlights, those are buttlights!

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #102
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Updates!!!!!!
We've been working on Nick's XJ a lot lately so my jeep kinda got put on the back burner BUT we've been on spring break this week so I've been able to sneak away here and there to peck away on the things that needed to get done.
First was installing the fasteners for the corners. I had some buddys at oreileys order some popnuts since some of the bolt locations are not accessible. about 15 bucks for 45, 1/4-20s... gen right sells them for a buck each...

I got the support plate for the tailgate made. basically just some 3/16th plate bolted to the rear sheet metal with those popnuts and has 4 nuts welded to the back for the hinges.

you can kinda see it a little better here

once it was bolted to the jeep i made the cable supports. i removed the old tailgate latch bracket and used the lower two holes and all the mounting hardware as well.

here you can see the clearance when its shut... almost like i planned it lol... we'll pretend i did...

then, for the latches i wanted to find something that could be opened from the outside and was also lockable. I used some latches i found on mcmaster... for some reason i dont have any pics of those... but, to make those work i had to weld a 3/16 spacer on the tailgate to match the height of the corner. then i drilled and tapped the 4-40 bolt holes the latch calls for.

after all that was done is was time to counter sink a grand total of 40 holes, total pita... sorry no pics :wink: Then finally paint!
my paint booth

Primed

and painted

probably my favorite piece...

and a clean jeep shot

But before all that lol, i put some new shocks on. I blew out one of my re monotubes and i think my trip to moab last year destroyed the rest. they were so stiff i could barely collapse them all the way by hand. the new ones i got were on nick xj. 10 in travel, much softer off brands... the ride is much better! and i was amazed at how much more flex you get from 2 more inches of shock travel.
Unread 04-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #103
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Got the corners and tailgate installed tonight!

Some more details on the latches i used...
Got'em off mcmaster, they are 200# rated draw latches

and another of the latch partially open

with the weather strip on the duster cover... seals up super tight

gate down

drivers side fenders

pass side fenders

and a little load testing... my 100# lab puppy, Sid. I sat on it with her but thats kinda hard to take a pic of when youre by yourself.
Unread 04-07-2010, 12:07 AM   #104
rugz31
1976 CJ7 

beautiful lab! 100lbs seriously? thats ****ing huge.

jeep looks amazing as well, nice work so far! you're definitely inspiring me to get off my *** and work on my cj.
rugz31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2010, 12:21 AM   #105
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

yeah, shes a beast! she thinks shes a lap dog too... and a teddy bear... not much room in the full bed for me, my girl, and her...

Tags
boat side , ford 8.8 , hi line , lcg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.