Project CJ Vette - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Project CJ Vette

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #121
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Starting to get a bit of extra cash in my pocket finally, and I've been looking around at a few parts.

NEW HD Aluminum Radiator Jeep CJ LS1 LS2 LQX DUAL FANS: eBay Motors (item 250718993411 end time Nov-08-10 19:19:19 PST)

eBay My World - entropytec
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_automotive?_encoding=UTF8&node=15684181&field-brandtextbin=Entropy

Quote:
You are bidding in a new heavy duty aluminum radiator with dual fans and aluminum shroud for the the Jeep CJ with a LQ 5.3L or 6.0L motor, LS1 or LS2 motor. Made in the USA! This radiator has all of the correct connections for swapping either a LS1, LS2 or LT1 engine into your CJ (please specify your motor type at checkout at there are slight differenes between the different motors). This unit features all aluminum construction, a nocklok forced nitrogen brazed core, two rows of 1.00" cooling tubes, precision TIG welded construction through out, strong 6061 hose connections, brass drain **** and overflow connections. Features a heavy duty plate transmission cooler. If you're going to upgrade to electric fans, you only want to do it once. That's why this unit features the HP paddle plade fans - not the bottom of the barrel Spal fans. Spal makes a wide array of cooling fans - from cheap low powered units to high powered HP units. Don't be fooled into thinking your getting high powered fans just because you see the Spal name! Includes the aluminum shroud with dual 11.5" fans delivering a TRUE 3000 CFM. Together, they pull 35-40 amps (check the current rating on the cheapy fans that claim to pull high CFM). For a plug-and-play wiring harness and thermostat kit, please see my other auctions. Please check your clearance before purchasing - the total depth from the radiator mounting flanges to the top of the fan motors is 3-3/4". It will fit with most of the popular swap engine mounts.
Think that might fix my hose issue? I already sent the guy a message asking about the flange sizes.

Here's a pretty good thread about the quality of his products. After reading this I'm pretty convinced to buy the radiator, wiring harness, and the temp switch.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=269234

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FLX-32013/?rtype=10

Edit: Here's the harness he's talking about. I don't think this is worth $100
http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Spal-HD-Wiring-Harness/dp/B001G29G5Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1289074879&sr=1-1

I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #122
CJ7Rubicon
1985 CJ7 

That sure is purdy.
Blue Jeep Club Member #134
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tQ_AE6iqis
http://www.freedomoffroad.org
CJ7Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2009, 05:39 PM   #123
Lostj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

it's been awhile, whats left on the list to get it finished?
lx015oɹd uǝpıun 'ɥɔuıʍ ql0009ɟɥ ؛ɹǝıɹɹɐɔ ǝɹıʇ pol 'sɹǝpuǝɟ ǝqnʇ pǝɹɐlɟ"5˙4ʇuʇ :˙ɔsıɯ ؛sɹǝpıls sʞɹoʍʞɔoɹɥs 'pıʞs ǝuıƃuǝ ɔıpǝɯdǝǝɾ 'pıʞs ɹoʇɐıpɐɹ s,ʎʇsnɹ 'ʞuɐʇsɐƃ puɐ xoq ƃuıɹǝǝʇs ʇɥƃıɹuǝƃ :spıʞs ؛pɐoɹɟɟo ɹoɟ sɹǝƃƃoq"53 'ʇǝǝɹʇs ɹoɟ s,ʇ/ɯdɯoɔoɹd"53 :sǝɹıʇ ؛lɯɯ"1 'lq"52˙1 'spq "2 :ʇɟıl ؛ɹǝʌoɔ uǝɯʞoɹ 'loods-ıuıɯ 'sǝʞɐɹq ɔsıp 'sʎollɐ ɥʇıʍ 44p ؛ɹǝʌoɔ ɹǝɥsnɹɔʞɔoɹ 'slɐǝs ǝlxɐ ɹǝʇno 'ɹǝʞɔol ǝıssnɐ 'sʎollɐ /ʍ 03p '6ı :ɾʇ,00
44p '03p '6ı :5ɾɔ,37
s,ʇ/ɐ ƃɟq"23 '44p '03p '8ʌ063 :5ɾɔ,47

The Swamp Things 4x4 Club Jeep Talk HomeGrown Offroad
Lostj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2009, 12:47 AM   #124
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Quite a bit. Mainly, Radiator crap and wiring harness crap. I havent been able to get radiator hoses to fit, and I haven't got the patience to plug in my wiring harness.

Hopefully that'll change soon, or I might be tempted to send it to a shop to get finished.
Unread 05-27-2009, 02:27 AM   #125
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Got a line on a new radiator / efan setup. Might be spending a pretty penny on that. Before I do that I think I might try to finish a bit more of this thing.

I don't think I'm ever going to get this thing finished. Buying a house and fixing a CJ don't mix together very well...
Unread 05-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #126
gmshades
1979 CJ7 

I know at my local parts store they had a rubber hose reducer to compensate for the smaller fitting. It's just a smaller piece of hose with a flange on the end so it stays at the end of the hose. I have had no leaks yet.

Nice build btw.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqcWQmzWtVk
gmshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #127
nwiTJdave

nice build up glad to see you start to get back to work on it again.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #128
CJ7Rubicon
1985 CJ7 

Bump?

abcde
Unread 09-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #129
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

I bought a condo!! After escrow and I'm all settled in, I'll resume work on the CJ. I CAN'T WAIT!!
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:32 PM   #130
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

So......i was sitting in class today day dreaming about my Cj right....And im like, i want a LS1 in it! Then i started thinking....I think somone on JF has done that! like started it years ago....When i get home im going to look that up, Surely he is finished by now!.....but then this is all i found lol
Any updates?
Any advice?
Any Huge issues?

from what ive read here, its just a bunch of small stuff that slowed you down right? Nothing huge right? Would you pick a different engine if you where going todo it again? Like a Hemi maybe? What are you doing for gauges/dash? The reason i ask is because i seen you had electicall conections made for it in your harness so i was wondering if your planing on running like a Factory Gm cluster or something?
Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2009, 05:36 PM   #131
CJ7Rubicon
1985 CJ7 

Wow,Im still subscribed to this,give us a update.
Unread 12-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #132
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Update? Ehh... Uhh... It's blue! How's that for an update?

Advice? Issues? Not much honestly. Have deep pockets, and plenty of time to turn wrenches.

As far as a different engine? It all depends on what you're looking for. Mopar? No thanks! I originally started looking for the 5.3 Vortec, but couldn't find any. So I settled for an LS1. Only reason I wanted the 5.3 is for parts. I figured it'd be easier to make parts from an Escalade / Yukon fit into a Jeep easier than parts from a Camaro / WS6.

Gauges and dash, I've been contemplating throwing parts from a YJ at it. Because I think it looks better. If I stay with the CJ style dash, I'll probably get some stuff from Auto Meter. I'd like to run a GM cluster, but I don't think it'd hold up well to getting splashed and dirty. The Auto Meter gauges are supposed to be pretty air tight.

Throw some more questions my way! Who knows, maybe I'll get motivated
Unread 12-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #133
Arcticcat843
dakuda is a god

1980 CJ5 

Settled with a Ls1 huh? haha

Anyways....My plan at the moment is to finish my resto project then start gathering parts....I have a desenctly build 360 i could sell with a few aftermarket parts that would offest the cost a little. (not much but still)

Honestly, here is my view...I was planing to rebuild a 401 for it. So by the time i got one and rebuilt it im sure i would have close to 3 grand in it.....Ive seen a few LS1 engines go in the 2000 range...oviously id need a few other things but it would be a much cooler outcome. Im not 100% sure on anything yet, but im deff going to keep a eye out for a recked camaro or gto or something....
I already need a new radiator and i had planned on running a electric fan when i do that.....Im already going to have full autometer gauges, i was already considering running a fuel cell (But i dont want to loose the back seat so i hadnt figured out what i was going todo there) IDK its pretty much worthless anyways.

Do you mind if i asked what you have into the engine and trans?

(I ran out of time to type, i have more questions that will come later)
Arcticcat843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #134
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Love this Jeep man, anything new over the past 6 months?
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #135
markey006
1997 TJ Wrangler 

would love an update on this project! hope its going well for you... or still going at all...
markey006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.