Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

project Bumptastic

189K views 1K replies 103 participants last post by  marcus2137 
#1 · (Edited)
Here she is build. the goal is having a desert and rock trail rig. I love the rocks and love the woops. 2002 TJ X
(Current drivetrain)
Engine: 4.0, true flow filter in stock box, flowmaster 50, Flexalite E fan
Trans: 32RH, deep pan from rubicon express, external cooler
Axles: HP dana 30 rear 8.8LS, 4.56s, alloy usa u joints, rock crusher diff guard.
Tcase: NP231 AA SYE
Tires: Interco trxus MTs 33x12.50x15, rims some black steelies.
Suspension: Rubicon xpress/Currie, Fox 2.0 pro series adjustables, bilstien bumpstops, limit straps.
here she is back in the day 3 days after i bought it with some azusa mud on it.

See less See more
#79 ·
THanks guys, another update

did the LED tail lights today after sleeping in and catching up on some MUCH needed sleep.

Stock

new unit

this is just the running lights. when you hit the brakes HOLY COW!!!! its blinding lol

#83 ·
Imped ill call my buddy tomorrow. he has a shop in oregon and he hooked me up. ill get the specs for ya. One thing i noticed about HID, if you dont have a projector style lens the beam pattern in very lacking. when the HIDs are on its just KABLAAAM. so every person who is driving the opposite direction as me gets blinded. this HID kit has a secondary 35k bulb thats not nearly as bright (still blinding) but a much softer color.

So if i had to do it again i would get a more projector style lense to kind focus the beam pattern. either way its a world of a difference.

#91 ·
Imped ill call my buddy tomorrow. he has a shop in oregon and he hooked me up. ill get the specs for ya. One thing i noticed about HID, if you dont have a projector style lens the beam pattern in very lacking. when the HIDs are on its just KABLAAAM. so every person who is driving the opposite direction as me gets blinded. this HID kit has a secondary 35k bulb thats not nearly as bright (still blinding) but a much softer color.

So if i had to do it again i would get a more projector style lense to kind focus the beam pattern. either way its a world of a difference.
I have the Hella E code housings so all is well. If you could PM me the details on how to get that kit (preferably at a nice discount), I would be thankful.

#88 ·
it would be faster to take it to a shop, ill be fabbing like crazy in the next month and after that ill be pounding on the jeep more. thanks for the compliment though.

The front shocks are 10s, and rear are 10s i believe. you would have to outboard the shock to run anything bigger.

#92 · (Edited)
im running stock mounts. Fox makes the upper mounts to fit factory and the lower bar pins from fox are twice as beefy as the stock ones. Ive yet to break one.

Imped i was given the Galmax HID h4hi lo kit. there prices are pretty insane. My friend thats an editor for a few offroad mags uses DDM tuning on his prerunner. hes had them for over a year with one ballast issue. DDM next day aired him a new one.

http://galmaxcorp.com/v2/osc/index.php i asked my friend about a hook up and he said he cant do it. sorry man.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=85&pg=1 these are much more affordable. I will be swapping to 5k bulbs too. the 8ks are a liittle too blue for me.

#95 ·
I take it that Yellow LED is a Rear fog? More info on your tail lights please!

You have your Jeep Setup the way I plan on getting mine! I want to be able to run sand, mud, and rocks. Sweet videos btw!

#98 ·
I took the jeep out last night to a clean-dezert.org fundraiser. pretty funny seeing my jeep parked next to a class 1 at the show. they had a offroad truck show amd we watched dust to glory on the big screen.

the new HIDs and rear lights are extremely bright. last night was the first time i had the jeep out in a while.
heres where i picked up my lights. the price is for the pair. i didnt know that and bought 2 pairs. originally i was just replacing my flatbed trailer lights lol.
Super Bright LEDs - Submersible LED Trailer Lights

the rear dust light i picked up from dezertnation.com like rubic03 said. its for when we are out and the dust gets bad. its saved us from a few bad collisions a few times now. deffinataly a must if you and ur buddies want to go fast

#101 ·
found some cracks.... since everything is getting taken apart ive been painting and cleaning the jeep.

I was cleaning up the frame and noticed 2 cracks on the upper shock mount..... hard to see in the pic but theres 2 crack about 1inch long. i plan on welding up the cracks then plating it. should be better then new when done. i dont know why they cracked............... hahaha im suprised it hasnt happened sooner

Ouch. Probably from jumping and the rough desert running.

Sounds like you need to fab up some thicker ones :2thumbsup:

(Any excuse for some more fantastic fab-work!) :cheers2:

#102 ·
I talked with T&T about a truss for the jeep but IMO they just want too much $$ they make a really nice product but i cant justify 300 bucks on a truss. I went to the shop today and dropped off the dana 30. Ill hopefully have some metal welded to it by the weekend.

heres a pic of some templates i was cutting out for it.

#106 ·
the axle is in, been running around town and so far so good, my alignment was a 1/2 inch off from my last trip out... got everything dialed in and things feel good. when i had everything off I saw my rotors looked like crap and one of my calipers has a broken boot on the slider thingy... sooo time for a brake job. gonna rebuild the caliper add power slot rotors with hawk performance pads asap

#107 ·
Suspension Testing. multiple views of the same section of dirt. Having this little cam really helps dialing things in. Now with this footage, I need to secure some wires, adjust my bumpstops. I measured things out correctly when i installed them but when things fully compress im still hitting shock ends. I have some air bumps i need to burn in, but in the mean time i gotta get some bigger spacers in. Also my limit straps may be a little too long. when i droop things out in the driveway things get tight but in the vid its hard to tell, I may just try some smaller straps and see how it goes. Ive had zero failures or bad contact with suspension so far but things can always get better. if you see something out of the ordinary please post up.
40 to 50mph, shocks turned all the way up, and 15 psi in the tires
Suspension
YouTube - suspension1.wmv

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.